A Mother/Son Adventure!--Sept 2013 PTR

ginny_lynn

DIS Veteran
:banana::banana::banana:We are going to:banana::banana::banana:

IMG_0263.jpg

Okay so not the best piture, but you get the idea!

On to the important things:
Who: Myself, Virginia a 28 year old single momma. I owrk full time and like to enjoy my vacation time on trips! This will b my second trip to WDW!
Faves:
Movie:The Little Mermaid!!
Character:Villians, any of them, I just love them!
Park:Magic Kingdom!
Ride:Tower of Terror! Ok, bad mom confession time: We were in the boiler room waiting to gt to the elevator last summer, Boo decided he didn't want to ride he was scared! Since we had waited in line about 15 minutes and it as POURING outside, I bribed him....I promised him a stuffed Kitty (Sully) if he rode with us anyway (it was me and my niece in line with him, if he didn't go none of us did). He rode!! He says he liked it but would not go again. He got his Kitty, and has asked if he rides this trip does he get Mike? lol

2012dw193.jpg

I hate pictures of me, but Boo took this last summer waiting for Monsters Inc Laugh Floor

Xzavier, AKA Boo. He will be 7 on our trip (1 month until his birthday) He LOVES Mickey Mouse, and thrill rides.
Faves:
Movie:Pirates of the Carribean, any of them. He is Pirate obsessed!
Character: Mickey Mouse :smickey: When he first met Mickey Mouse last summer he giggled for ten minutes straight! He was in heaven!!!
Park:Magic Kingdom!
Ride:Tommorowland Speedway, driving himself? nothing can beat that!

2012dw064.jpg

2012dw056.jpg

Photo0698FourBySix.jpg

Vacation046.jpg

Photo0388FourBySix.jpg

Photo0331FourBySix.jpg

I think these pictures show his fun, loving, hyper personality great!

When: September 17-?? 2013, still deciding weather to fly home 28 or 29th? 28th we have a day to rest before work/school, 29th we get an extra day in Disney!!!

Where: Still deciding between values, not sure which one yet....booking once my new card comes in the mail, so I need to decide very soon!

Now on to planning!

This trip will be very different than any vacation we have taken:
1. First trip just me and Boo! We usually have my mom and my neices and nephews with us.

2. This will be Boo's first flight!! Since there were 6 of us going from Nova Scotia last year driving saved about $2000. Boo is soooo excited to fly! h has been begging to go on an airplane since his cousins got to fly a couple years ago.

3. Table service! Last year we were on QSDP, this year will be DDP!

Cannot wait for the operating schedule!!

Joining in. Glad to see more September PTRs popping up:cool1:. We will be arriving on September 15th. Our boys are close in age(mine will turn 9 right before we get there). I also use incentive(or bribery if you want to call it that :rotfl2:) to get my DS8 to try new rides. He always is glad after.

Joining in. Glad to see more September PTRs popping up:cool1:. We will be arriving on September 15th. Our boys are close in age(mine will turn 9 right before we get there). I also use incentive(or bribery if you want to call it that :rotfl2:) to get my DS8 to try new rides. He always is glad after.

:wave2: Welcome! Boo is normally scared of nothing! So when he wantd to back out it through me for a loop, but everyone in line got a chuckle out of me promising presents in return...he wasn't panicking or crying, I would never make him do anything if he was that upset....lol but to each their own....and he doesn't even realize he would have got Kitty anyway.

Hi! :wave2: Following along!

Which of the values are you considering?

AOA LM is our top choice, but it seems to be exempt from all discounts, and as a single mom turning down discounts is not very smart....other then that All-Star Movies, never stayed there but looks fun. and then POP, we stayed at POP last year and it wasn't my fave. I HATED the food court b/c the workers seemed incompetent...which seems mean, but I am a Customer Service Manager so I am very picky about the service I recieve since I know what level of service I hold my staff to. Boo liked pop, and we could walk across the bridge to check out AOA is why it is in the running....I am booking next week with no discount, so I may book AOA and change if a disocunt comes out.

:wave2: Welcome! Boo is normally scared of nothing! So when he wantd to back out it through me for a loop, but everyone in line got a chuckle out of me promising presents in return...he wasn't panicking or crying, I would never make him do anything if he was that upset....lol but to each their own....and he doesn't even realize he would have got Kitty anyway.

I completely agree. I feel like I know which rides my DS8 is ready for and those are the ones I "encourage" him to ride. However, I would never push him to ride something I knew he was not ready for which is why he has not ridden RnR yet.

We are booking a package, which will inclide 7 day park passes with Water Park Fun and More! We have never done Disney Waterparks so that will be a first.

Our 7 main park days will be 2 Magic Kingdom, 2 Epcot, 2 Hollywood Studios, and 1 Animal Kingdom.

There will be additional time at Magic Kingdom as art of our first Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween party! I need to do more research on this to ensure we get to do what Boo will enjoy the most.

Since we are there 11-12 nights we will have at least 1 day at each water park, maybe 2. I am waiting for the operating schedule to come out so I can plan my days! I was hoping it would be out yesterday but I was dissappointed when I came home to work to no park hours :(

Hmmm, we are not Foodies, but I almost feel we should spend one of our last days in Epcot to experience Food and Wine.....thoughts?

and to end the post a picture of Xzavier!

2012dw586.jpg

Lol, his nose is purple because my niece decided Dale should have a purple nose since it's her fave color, and there was a purple marker at the Kidcot station....Xzavier decided he would make her happy by coloring his nose purple.
Up next: ADR Planning...

ADR's!!! So exciting! Here is where we plan to eat!

BCB401.jpg

Breakfast or Dinner?? Which would you suggest?

Be-Our-Guest-Bridge-Entrance.jpg

Supper!

BCE404.jpg

Supper on MNSSHP night!

chef-mickeys-for-breakfast-1-e1321925470560.jpg

Breakfast or supper?? Not sure yet....

crystal1.jpg

Breakfast! Prepark opening!

imagesCAUGM328.jpg

Breakfast pre park opening!

Ohana3-610x250.jpg

Breakfast!

OHANA_1_998.jpg

Supper!

t_rex_at_downtown_disney-2.jpg

Supper!

Coral-Reef-Restaurant1.jpg

Supper!

chefs-de-france.jpg

Supper!

Tusk03NewEntry.jpg

Breakfast prepark opening!

tumblr_lsr53ae9O51r1m2tjo1_500.jpg

Lunch!

Thoughts? Opinions?

Here's hoping tomorrow is the day that the operating schedule for September is released!!! I really want to start planning each day! But for now, Here are our Must Do's at Magic Kingdom:
enchanted-tales-with-belle-listing2.jpg

Enchanted Tales with Belle! This is new and me and Boo love Beauty and the Beast! We may be going to see the traveling Musical in May, and our localhigh school is doing this for thir musical so we will go see that as well!

journey-of-the-little-mermaid-listing.jpg

The Little Mermaid! This is my fave movie so a must do!

And since my Boo is a thrill seeker we have:
splash-mountain-240.jpg

space-mountain-240.jpg

AL_BIGTHUN_240.jpg

EL_WISHES_240.jpg

Due to preteen attitude from my niece we did not see this last year so it is a MUST this year! Has anyone been to the dessert party? Do you reccomend it?

CDCTP_240.jpg

We only did the electrical parade last year!

AL_TOMINDYSP_240.jpg

Boo's fave ride!

AL_STITCHGE_240.jpg

We didn't get there last year, but Boo loves stitch....sounds like it may be a never again but we have to try it once...

AL_POC_240.jpg

Pirates....need I say more?

AL_PHILH_240.jpg

I love this show!

AL_MILAUGH_240.jpg

We are big Monster fans! Cannot wait for Monsters university....

AL_HAUNT_240.jpg

<3

Everything else is gravy!

Hollywood Studios Must Do's:

AL_JTA_240.jpg

Boo is so excited to try this!

AL_ROCKROLL_240.jpg

Thrill seekers!

AL_TOWER_240.jpg

Boo needs a stuffed Mike afterall ;)

star-tours-listing.jpg

For my Star Wars fan!

legend-of-captain-jack-sparrow-listing.jpg

Need to feed his pirate obsession!

EL_FANT_240.jpg

I <3 this show! :lovestruc:love:

disney-jr-240-1.jpg

As much as he is starting to love big kid things he still loves Mickey and Jake!

AL_TSM_240.jpg

Would any HS day be complet without TSMM??

AL_SHRUNKSET_240.jpg

Hyper boys need somewhere to run out energy!

AL_LMA_240.jpg

We missed this last year! I heard something about it closing but I hope this is not true! :confused3

AL_INDY_240.jpg

Another one we missed last year!

AL_BACKTOUR_240.jpg

Boo said he cannot miss this!

AL_ANIM_240.jpg

Who doesn't want to learn to draw?

Some people say HS is a half day park but we :love: it! Enough fast and slow combined to make for a great day!

Must Do's Animal Kingdom:

Kilimanjaro_Listing_240.jpg

Who doesn't love seeing all the animals?

EL_FNM_240.jpg

We had bad seats last year....at the very back. Hoping for good seats this year so we can enjoy!

EL_FOW_240.jpg

New for us but Xzavier LOVES learning about animals!

AL_PFE_240.jpg

AL_MJT_240.jpg

We love walking the animal trails!

EL_FLK_240.jpg

Amazing show!!

AL_KRR_240.jpg

One of Boo's fave's last year! He loves anything that makes him wet!

AL_EVST_240.jpg

Thrill seekers!

AL_DSAUR_240.jpg

Boo hated this, but for some reason insists he must do it again!

AL_BONE_240.jpg

Engery buster!

This is a lot but we did most of it last year in one day without issue!

Epcot Must do:

test-track-240.jpg

This was closed last year so we must try it! DS loves all things Cars!

SOAR_240.jpg

We love Soarin'! The felling, the smells, it just can't be beat!

ELLEN_1b_240.jpg

I have no desire to do this, but I read the discription to Boo, and the word Dinosaur makes it a must do for him....how bad is it?

EL_ILLUM_240.jpg

This was not my fave show....but maybe our view was not the best...where is a good place to watch from?

AL_TURTALK_240.jpg

Boo loves Crush!

AL_SPEARTH_240.jpg

How can you not spend time in the golf ball?

AL_NEMO_240.jpg

I <3 Nemo!

AL_MAEL_240.jpg

We got stuck last year! Time to try again!

AL_MISSPA_240.jpg

First time for us....but I told Xzavier Green was the only option....spinning makes me ill....

AL_LIVLAND_240.jpg

We love this ride!

AL_JOURIMAG_240.jpg

Who doesn't love Figment!!

AL_GFT_240.jpg

Anything with Donald is ok with me!

agent-p-world-showcase-adventure-listing.jpg

DS will be 7, need I say more?

We will also see the countries and watch the movies as time allows!

Blizzard Beach Must do's:

AL_CCC_240.jpg

This is Momma's fave!

AL_CHAIR_240.jpg

I love that there is a way to get up, other then walking EVERY time.....lol

AL_DDD_240.jpg

Love tube slides!

AL_MAB_240.jpg

We love bobbing on the waves....

AL_RUNOFF_240.jpg

Wahoo for rides we can do together!

AL_SKIPAT_240.jpg

Xzavier cannot wait to try this! It looks SOOO fun!

AL_SNST_240_v2.jpg

Fun!

AL_TOBRACE_240.jpg

Xzavier loves racing mama!

AL_TSPRINGS_240.jpg

Do they let you go on this just the 2 of us or will we be with others?

AL_SUPL_240.jpg

Xzavier insists he's ready to try!

Looks like a fun filled day!

Typhoon Lagoon Must Do's:

AL_CASCR_240.jpg

Love any lazy river!

AL_CRUGUS_240.jpg

Love riding with Boo!

AL_GPF_240.jpg

This looks like a fun ride!

AL_HUMKOW_240.jpg

Love dark slides! Xzavier is willing to try!

AL_SHAREEF_240.jpg

Cannot wait! Boo is determined he cannot breathe in a snorkel....we will practice at the beach this summer....

AL_STSLIDE_240.jpg

Splash!

AL_SURFPOOL_240.jpg

This should be interesting!!

AL_SWB_240.jpg

I told Boo I gt to relax at least 15 minutes.....lol

Any water park tips or tricks?

We are 210 days out from our trip.....we have some other count downs to help lessen the waiting....24 days until Boo's 7th birthday party, 25 days until his 7th birthday!!, 30 days until ADR's, 94 days until Beauty and The Beast live on stage!, 121 days until our long weekend in PEI, 180 days until our day trip to New Brunswick for water park day! Possibly over night....but is that enough? no, we need more!!!
So we will do MOVIE NIGHTS!!!! Every 2 weeks until we go!

March 1st
Toy_Story.jpg

Pizza Night

March 15th
MV5BMTY1MTg1NDAxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjg1MDI5Nw__V1_SY317_CR00214317_.jpg

Fish and Chips night

March 29th
MV5BMjAwNzA3NTk0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzkyNDEzMQ__V1_SY317_CR80214317_.jpg

Spaghetti night

April 12th
MV5BMTQ3Njc0MjU4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzcxMzUzMQ__V1_SY317_CR60214317_.jpg

Chicken night

April 26th
51R3M5S1CPL__SY300_.jpg

Barbque Night

May 10th
imagesCA4L4JD5.jpg

Sub Night

May 24th
2003_pirates_of_the_caribbean_wallpaper_001.jpg

pirate ship pizza

June 7th
The_Lion_King_poster.jpg

Steak Night

June 21st
Monsters_University_poster_2.jpg

Eat out, as we are away...Drive in if playing there

July 5th
Beautybeastposter.jpg

July 19th
Aladdin20cover.jpg

August 2nd
12677.jpg

Eating out for movie in theatre

August 16th
imagesCA929PL9.jpg

Fish and Chips! (One of our faves)

August 30th
Tangled_Soundtrack.jpg

September 13th
The-Incredibles-movie-image-Pixar-2-1.jpg

These are subject to change.....if anyone has and simple but related meal ideas let me know!

I just realized that you guys are going to be there pretty much the exact same dates as us! Maybe we'll see you around. :scratchin

It is getting frustrating that the September hours are not released yet....so I guess it is time to finallize my arrival day plans.....

09/17/2013

3:00 am--->leave for Airport (we live 1.5 hours away)
6:35 am--->Leave Halifax
12:06 pm-->arrive in Orlando!
1:00 pm--->take ME to resort
Check in, grab a quick bite, hopefully our room will be ready. If it is we will get settled in, of not I will let Xzavier have a swim in the pool until it is.

6:00 pm--->Head to DTD, shop and eat at.....

images.jpg

Yummy.... I will get:
BaconWrappedMeatloaf-WolfgangPuckEpxress.jpg

or
AE95E945-53F7-4BAF-9FD8-F6CADE7B50AE-147-000000374AF68767.jpg

I had both last year and they were DELICIOUS! not sure which I will get yet.....Boo with get Chicken fingers or Mac and Cheese. He loved both last year! If we only end up here once I will be surprised....

Another must do for this evening will be....
07dtgoofcan-d1-1460.jpg

We need one fo these to keep in the fridge to munch on all week....
160b261bdcb97c381d3e60081dc08154.jpg

We will get a krispie treat, and possibly some marshmellows! Yum!!

Then we will head back to the resort to get some sleep! We will have a big day the next day, although with hours, i have no idea where....lol

So....final decision is made.....We will be staying 09/17-09/29 at
All-Star-Movies-Resort.jpg

Disneys-All-Star-Movies-Resort.jpg

allstar-movies_lg.jpg

137508-425x319-All_Star_Movies.jpg

I lov the look of AOA, but cannot justify more money for the same size room....we get to stay an extra day for the same amount we would pay to be at AOA instead. Plus Boo loves Toy Story, and Sorcerer Mickey.

Now fingers crossed free dining is released and it includes values....this wold save us over $600.00 after we upgrade to DDP!!!

Keep your fingers for us.....(although we are going either way....lol)​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter