A Man Called Otto, starring Tom Hanks

I also really liked That Thing You Do. I know Hanks is a big collector of old 45's and loves that era of music. I wonder if Forrest Gump winning the Oscar was what gave him the pull to direct That Thing.

I'll have to watch Larry Crowne!

Another Hanks flick currently on Netflix that I highly recommend is Charlie Wilson's War, also starring Julia Roberts. I was not interested when the movie first came out, but I gave it a chance and was surprised by how much I liked it. Great dialogue too, thanks to Aaron Sorkin. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was amazing in it, easily one of the best parts he's played.
Love that movie--just watched it again last week. The snappy dialogue is classic Aaron Sorkin.

We just watched this one. I'd read the book (A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Bachman) awhile back, so wanted to see the movie version. I thought it was great, and Tom Hanks played the role perfectly. The topic is obviously heavy, but it's real and relatable and powerful. Ove has lost so much (and the book goes even deeper into that). His grief and hopelessness are so raw. I loved watching him reconnect with the world and make a family for himself. I don't know - I just think it's a beautiful story. I put it on on a whim one night - it was late already and my husband hadn't read the book, so I expected him to fall asleep with half an hour. The story hooked him though and we stayed up much later than we'd meant to to finish it.

Enjoyable movie, and it was definitely very heavy in theme. It wasn't something I wanted to see in the theater, but since it was streaming & Tom Hanks, I gave it a shot. I really liked the supporting actors, especially the young mother & wife who was Not An Idiot.
I'm glad the main character found family, community, and peace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter