A Magical Almost Valentine's Day Quickee Trip Report - Update 6/23

I have been following the situation in the south of Florida very carefully for professional reasons. You, Michael and his family and everybody else who is affected by this are in my thoughts and prayers.

Corinna

Thank you Corinna! It looks like the whole state will be a mess...

Flossbolna, I wanted to see your pics, especially in the "pics of dcl food" but it looks like there is a hosting problem. Maybe you're already aware but I just thought I would mention it in case. You have generously shared so many pictures, I would love to be able to see them!

Flossbolna, I wanted to see your pics, especially in the "pics of dcl food" but it looks like there is a hosting problem. Maybe you're already aware but I just thought I would mention it in case. You have generously shared so many pictures, I would love to be able to see them!

Unfortunately Photobucket, the site where I hosted the pictures, has decided to charge 400$ per year if you want to be able to use them for this in the future. I hope to get my trip reports moved over to a new hosting site. But I don't think I will go back and repair other posts... But thanks for mentioning this. I might just repost old pictures when I have them up somewhere else!!

My thoughts are with Michael and many other friends in Florida. The news here is covering the hurricane almost non stop. So far Michael seems to be keeping his sense of humor.

I'm watching it all LiveStream and hoping Michael and everyone else stays safe! What a mess it's already caused, not to mention the 22 people who have already lost their lives.

Last edited:
Looks like South-East Florida has a chance to get through with a blue eye. The West Coast however will get it so much worse! The worst is that the whole State of Florida will see serious destruction due to Irma. It will be such a massive effort to rebuild...

And @franandaj if you give Michael a keyboard and an audience, only true catastrophe will keep him from trying to be funny. He just loves to entertain... But yes, it's a good sign that he has not lost his humor yet!

How are Michael and his family?

We have much family in FL, Mom grew up there. Some evacuated, some stayed. The ones that stayed called us to say the hurricane has passed their area, the Ocala/Gainesville area and they suffered little to no damage. Hopefully it was the same for Michael's family.

Kate

How are Michael and his family?

We have much family in FL, Mom grew up there. Some evacuated, some stayed. The ones that stayed called us to say the hurricane has passed their area, the Ocala/Gainesville area and they suffered little to no damage. Hopefully it was the same for Michael's family.

Kate

Sorry, was so tired yesterday that I forgot to post here... yes, he is fine. The house was as safe as expected and miracously the only thing that happened was that a fence that needed replacing anyway was blown over. But it is scary to see that so much damage was done in general. I am happy that your family fared well, we have friends in the Gainesville area, too, and I got quite a shock when I saw Irma getting close there. But by then she had lost a lot of strength I guess.

Hi Magdalene,

We were thinking a lot of Michael and his family while sitting out the storm at the BC ourselves. It was scary to say the least and we were sitting smack dab in the middle of Florida, while he was in the very south.
So happy to hear that he got through with just a fence blown over. I was a week late for school as LH only allowed to change flights without letting you change the city to fly out of or the booking category and the first available flights out of Orlando were on Friday after the storm. Thankfully I have very understanding bosses.

Hey Magdalene, I was scrolling up a bit and read about the hosting issues (yes, I knew about them, but reading Bella29's post reminded me). Have you researched a good alternative hosting site to use? I need to get mine transferred over at point too. It's going to be a hellacious mess and VERY time consuming I know, but I don't want to lose all my TRs to this debacle.

Hey Magdalene, I was scrolling up a bit and read about the hosting issues (yes, I knew about them, but reading Bella29's post reminded me). Have you researched a good alternative hosting site to use? I need to get mine transferred over at point too. It's going to be a hellacious mess and VERY time consuming I know, but I don't want to lose all my TRs to this debacle.

I am currently trying out flickr, but I am a bit frustrated about how long it takes to upload pictures there. I am currently putting an album together there from our Asia trip for Michael. And I might be a bit ambitious with the number of pics I am putting up there... We will see. I looked at SmugMug and liked the functionality there better, but I am a cheapskate and prefer free over 60$.

I am currently trying out flickr, but I am a bit frustrated about how long it takes to upload pictures there. I am currently putting an album together there from our Asia trip for Michael. And I might be a bit ambitious with the number of pics I am putting up there... We will see. I looked at SmugMug and liked the functionality there better, but I am a cheapskate and prefer free over 60$.

Excellent!! Not looking forward to this process at ALL, but know I need to by Dec. of next year... I think. That's what I was told anyway. But, it may take me a lloooooong time to do this so best start sooner than later. For my new TR (starting soon) I will use the one I choose. I don't mind paying that in exchange for better functionality since my time is so limited. I just can't wait around forever to load photos. Thanks for the tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter