A little info on Monsieur Paul (formerly Bistro de Paris), to open Dec. 10

Does anyone have any info on the hours of this place? The website says it is only open until 8:35pm, but it allowed me to make an ADR for 9pm. I am hoping this wasn't a glitch and my reservation is valid.

Foollowing up on DVC Kathy's post above about when Paul's will REALLY open and a warning to anyone who believes they have reservation between now and next Thursday!

We had confirmed reservations to Paul's for tonight. Verified twice with Dining since we knew there had been reassignments due to the renovation. As of last week we remained confirmed only to go tonight to scare the heck out of a WDW techie. Hey, the door was open, we had a confirmed ressie... He directed us to Chefs and the young lady hostess was quite dismissive telling us that she had charged ALL the reservations. Hmm, the couple in line in front of us had the same problem we did and we never received any e-mail notification She added us to the wait list and indicated that we'd be seated after everyone else. Asked to speak with a manager and explained the story to him. Not to jump in front of everyone, because we were ready to walk at that point. He told us to stay and we were seat not long after. No apology, no attempt to determine the problem and we were rushed through dinner it seemed, a the entrees arrive before the appetizer were finished. Maybe it's that way normally, but wasn't that way the later time there.

On the way out of the park we were stopped by a survey team asking if we had dined at EPCOT tonight. He encouraged us to stop by Guest Services to let them know.

Long story short, when GS pulled up our reservation number it showed us for Paul's at 6:00. He ended up sending a copy of the screen print to the doing reservation manager who had no idea that this was happening.

So....if you have a reservation at Paul's through next Thursday (the latest rumored opening date) contact WDW Dining to have them check. I have a feeling there will be some serious scrambling being done tomorrow by them.

Kudos to Guest Services. They were all over this. Chef's manager and hostess this evening...not so much.

drclaws, Thank you so much for posting! I am a little more nervous for my Dec 14th ressie, but I think I will swing by Guest Services on our first day and check how the opening is going.

It's good to know they are aware of the issue, now!

Foollowing up on DVC Kathy's post above about when Paul's will REALLY open and a warning to anyone who believes they have reservation between now and next Thursday!

We had confirmed reservations to Paul's for tonight. Verified twice with Dining since we knew there had been reassignments due to the renovation. As of last week we remained confirmed only to go tonight to scare the heck out of a WDW techie. Hey, the door was open, we had a confirmed ressie... He directed us to Chefs and the young lady hostess was quite dismissive telling us that she had charged ALL the reservations. Hmm, the couple in line in front of us had the same problem we did and we never received any e-mail notification She added us to the wait list and indicated that we'd be seated after everyone else. Asked to speak with a manager and explained the story to him. Not to jump in front of everyone, because we were ready to walk at that point. He told us to stay and we were seat not long after. No apology, no attempt to determine the problem and we were rushed through dinner it seemed, a the entrees arrive before the appetizer were finished. Maybe it's that way normally, but wasn't that way the later time there.

On the way out of the park we were stopped by a survey team asking if we had dined at EPCOT tonight. He encouraged us to stop by Guest Services to let them know.

Long story short, when GS pulled up our reservation number it showed us for Paul's at 6:00. He ended up sending a copy of the screen print to the doing reservation manager who had no idea that this was happening.

So....if you have a reservation at Paul's through next Thursday (the latest rumored opening date) contact WDW Dining to have them check. I have a feeling there will be some serious scrambling being done tomorrow by them.

Kudos to Guest Services. They were all over this. Chef's manager and hostess this evening...not so much.

Wow! Thank you for posting this. We have a reservation for "Bistro de Paris" for Dec. 15 and I'm a little nervous as well. I was actually trying to get an earlier time and while poking around the reservation system, it doesn't seem like BdP OR Monsieur Paul is even in there anymore. I just looked again and the site is down for maintenance - maybe they are fixing this now? I guess I better re-confirm our ADR's before we leave on Thursday.

It sounds like you handled this situation very nicely and I thank you for following up with guest services and trying to clear this up so others don't have the same experience you have.

We also have a reservation within the next 10 days, hoping people will update when it opens and a menu. Thanks

Thank you for posting the menu- first time I've had the chance to see it. Hope it tastes as good as it looks.

Interesting menu, can't wait to read the 1st few reviews.

As far as the current reservations, I wouldn't want Chefs but I guess it's better than going hungry or finding a different venue at the last minute.

Waiting for that first review!
Menu looks great, but I hate using 2 credits for one meal. I hope Monsieur Paul makes me reconsider. (I have an ADR in January) ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter