A Late Disney Magic Cruise 2016 Trip Report with Norwegian Cruise Line As Well!

DMMarla07860

DIS Veteran
Since right now we all can't cruise and this one cruise is the only trip I missed doing a trip report for I decided to make one now this is from 2016.

Julia- You all should know me from my other trip reports. I celebrate my 28th birthday on the Disney Magic this trip. At this time I didn't know I had Lupus(though I had all the signs)
Larry(Dad)- He is the one I travel with since mom doesn't like traveling or cruises.
We left from Miami on NCL, Went to Disney World after and Left from Port Canaveral on the Magic.

I most likely won't remember times as much, but you'll get ideas.

March 4th, 2016- Flying to Miami

I woke up excited from my trip today. Ate breakfast and got ready for the day. Finished some last minute things up. Text my personal trainer Beau(he left in May 2016, so not the same trainer from later trip reports). Dad and I said bye to mom and headed to Newark Airport. We parked and took the bus to the terminal, checked in and checked our bags in and then head to security. We got some lunch since with was around noon. I got this.

After eating we headed to the gate.

The flight was uneventful.

We landed in Miami and got a shuttle to the hotel. We stayed at the Intercontinental in Miami. We checked in and then headed to the room.

We headed out to get dinner.

We ate at Bubba Gump

After dinner we headed to CVS and then headed back to the hotel.

Ate a snack I picked up and relaxed before falling asleep.

Last edited:
Saturday, March 5th, 2016- We Aren't Cruising Disney, But This is Awesome.

We were woken up around 5:00am or so because the fire alarm at the hotel went off.

I wasn't gonna be able to fall back asleep being so excited so got up and got ready. Drank my Protein Drink.

We relaxed in the room for a while and watched tv since it was early.

We headed down to Starbucks in the lobby to grab some breakfast. Need my Starbucks on vacation.

After eating I headed to the hotel gym to get a workout in.

While I did take Dad went on a walk.

Back to the room I got changed into my outfit for the day. Of Course had to take pictures.

We had time to kill before going to port so we went to take a walk and hit of CVS.

We headed back up to the hotel room to grab our bags and check out.

We got a taxi to port and got in line

checking in was in a tent, but it was easy. We were walking on the Norwegian Pearl around 11:20am.

We headed the grab lunch at the Garden Cafe which is the Buffet on the ship.

We explored the ship a bit.

After we went to check out our room which was ready.

Last edited:

We headed up to the Top Decks to Grab a drink and relax

Safety Drill was as 3:30pm so we headed to back to the room to before.

We headed to Summer Palace Dining Room for the Drill. After the Drill we headed up to see the Paramore Sailaway Show and Sailaway.

After The Show we headed the Cagney's Steakhouse for Dinner. Here's all of what we got. Dad got this to drink.

Dad got this to start.

I go this to start.

I got a water to drink.

Next I got this and Dad got soup(no picture)

We both got this for main course.

If we got Dessert didn't get a picture.

After that went to change into comfortable cruises. Then headed up to Deck 12 to see Lights at 8:00pm.

After that was MEWITHOUTYOU in the Stardust theatre

Next on the list was X-AMBASSADORS in Stardust

Next Headed to the Main Stage on Deck 12 to see New Found Glory(one of my favorite bands) Yeah in 2016 Chad(NFG lead Guitar) and Hayley(Paramore Singer) were married.

I was tired after long day and knew I'd have more then a few late nights so called it a early night tonight

We both meet back in the room. I showered and got dressed for the day. We headed up and grabbed Lunch.

I headed to watch some Bingo for a bit and explored the ship.

VACATIONER was playing at 2:00pm on the Main Stage on the Pool Deck so went to see that set, Dad did as well.

After that set we headed back to the Stateroom to rest and get ready for our picture with Hayley & Taylor.

This brand drink was a sponsor so we got a few of these each day.

We headed up to the Spinnaker Lounge and got in line for our photo. We waited about a half hour and got the picture taking I liked it, Taylor told me I had a awesome shirt.

We headed to the pool deck to see X AMBASSADORS since they were playing.

We grabbed dinner tonight at Summer Place Main Dining Room. After that we headed back to the room.

Thank you much for posting your trip report. It's a definite pick me up during these long months without cruising. :boat:

Thank you much for posting your trip report. It's a definite pick me up during these long months without cruising. :boat:
gonna do the next parts today

It's a pick me yup as well.

I never did one to compare two cruise lines so thought its a good time

gonna do the next parts today

It's a pick me yup as well.

I never did one to compare two cruise lines so thought its a good time

Looking forward to your comparison.

Next up after dinner was MEWITHOUTYOU on the pool deck.

Next it was Paraoke on the pool deck, I actually talk to and met the person who won.

Grabbed a bit to eat

Then watched New Found Glory on the Pool Deck.

After that is was Vacationer DJ Set.

Headed to the room to get rest since tomorrow was Cozumel

I went on my first Sixthman music cruise in 2013 and.... it changed the concept of cruising for me. I've been on the Pearl more days than I care to admit by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts