• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Great Big Thanks to Di - Secret Santa

Well of course I have to agree, Mum you have done a wonderful job of organising this, it's been such a fun thing for all of us but for you a lot of work has been involved. It's so kind of people to offer to buy another present so that no-one is left out. The secret santa that has "disappeared" has presumably received their own secret santa present by now so hopefully this will serve as a reminder.

What a lovely thought Kaye to send Mum a present (okay I've known for ages!!) and something with a local connection and that benefits a good cause.

All the above just reminds me what a fantastic bunch of people we have here! :grouphug: I can't wait to find out what everyone gets!!!

DisneyRGB said:
Well of course I have to agree, Mum you have done a wonderful job of organising this
OK - you'll get fed on Christmas Day now!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

All the above just reminds me what a fantastic bunch of people we have here! :grouphug:
Absolutely. Such lovely people make you want to be involved with them and do fun stuff together. :grouphug:
I can't wait to find out what everyone gets!!!
Neither can I!!!!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

bonhoga said:
Who do you work with Aberdeenshire?

Kaye :goodvibes
PS How do you insert a link like that? I've noticed lots of people doing it and I don't know how!!!!!!!!!? :confused3
I'm employed by the Local Authority and work for the communities and groups whose interests I serve.

To inset a link put {url=web page address}this{/url) change the curly brackets to [ or ]

DisneyRGB said:
All the above just reminds me what a fantastic bunch of people we have here! :grouphug: I can't wait to find out what everyone gets!!!
Call me biais but we have the best board here :wave2:

diberry said:
As for "Sei fortissima !!! nu' bbabbà !!!" Laura - I think it means "you are strong" but I've no idea what "nu' bbabbà" means

;) (free) ON LINE TRANSLATION SERVICE :
:rotfl: FREE means some words are REALLY difficult to translate !!! :rotfl2:
:earseek: FORTISSIMA has no relation to physical strength in this sentence; in Northern Italy it's slang - used by my teens - to tell that someone is TOP (and MORE) of your expectations :banana: so FORTISSIMO is when a friend can understand you without need of talking or when Ferrari team wins or when someone is THE BEST OF THE BEST !!!

:cake: UN BABA' is a very soft muffin mixed with rum that people in Southern Italy LOVE IMMENSELY !!! but if they pronounce it NU' BBABBA' - note the double B - then they want to tell you you are thoughtful / still strong and caring at the same time ... :lovestruc a person whom you can rely upon , who is sweet AND in the mean time always knows the best way to handle a question !!!

The 2 sentences together ... mean DI !!!! :love2:

5.gif

Laura

Oh that's absolutely great - thank you so much Laura!!! I'm very flattered!!! I've never been called fortissima or nu' bbabbà before!!! I quite like being compared to a rum baba - well, I expect to be soaked in alcohol over Christmas and I'm certainly round!!!! :rotfl2:
th_baba_al_rum.png

(Sorry Laura - you know how we English are often not very good at taking compliments and tend to make a joke of it - but the compliment is none the less very much appreciated!!!!!). I've never learned Italian and it looks incredibly complicated but I'm learning some great new phrases thanks to you!!! You and DGH are really lovely - kind and enthusiastic and really good fun!!!! :love: :love2: Have an absolutely wonderful Christmas - I know you will!!!!!

I would just like to add my thanks to Di for organising this and the Christmas card list. Thank you so much Di. :grouphug:

Kaye, how lovely of you. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter