• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Great Big Thanks to Di - Secret Santa

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
I'm sure we'll have a thread to post up details of what everyone got from their Secret Santa along with photographs ;) Only 4 more sleeps now :goodvibes

I wanted to say a massive thank you to Di for arranging this. It has been a lot of work and we have appreciated you keep tabs on what was going on. The banter that has ensued has once again demonstrated that we have the best board here :love:

Emma the introduction of the Secret Santa has been copied on other boards so a big thumbs up to your wonderful idea. :)

Anyway I'm off now to find a box of Kleenex ;)

I'd like to echo Reid's thanks - it's been a lot of fun and the Christmas cards too which joyfully fill my study.

Thank You Di- you have done a wonderful job on the Secret Santa!!!!
Not long now until we came open them!!!!!!!!!!
princess:

Yes thankyou very much Di. You are a very dedicated Secret Santa organiser which is not a surprise!

Yes - thank you SO much for organising all this Di!! :flower3: It's been a really fun thing to do and, as Reid says, the threads it has inspired have been a really treat!! :teeth:

Also thanks to Emma for coming up with the SS username idea, which as it has been copied by other boards just shows what a great idea it was - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!! :goodvibes

I think you've all summed up what we're all thinking already............Thank you Di! What a star! Have a great Christmas, and thanks again.

Kaye :goodvibes

I would like to add my thanks your attention to detail and follow up has been tremendous.
Many thanks .
Nikki

All posts before mine have said what I would like to tell you , Di !!!!
Thank you so much ... for being such a CARING person !!!
and now ;) a little colourful Italian : Sei fortissima !!! nu' bbabbà !!!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
(I could translate ... if you wish ) ;)

:lovestruc Laura

I'm glad to have the chance to add my twopenno'th on this thread. Thanks Di for organising the Secret Santa.

Happy Christmas to one and all. I shall probably not get on line again until this time next week but thanks to all for the great fun these boards have given over the past year.

Let's hope 2006 is a great Disney year for us all.

What a lovely thread!!! Thank you Reid for doing that!!! And thank you everyone for your lovely comments!! I pinched the idea for the secret santa thread direct from the UK Community Board so I can't claim it for my own (never had an original idea in my life but am good at pinching other people's!!!! ;) )
I agree that the banter on the board has been wonderful to read!!! And thank you very much to Emma for the fantastic secret santa thread which was a real brainwave and gave rise to some really funny and witty posts (and poems!!!!)
As for "Sei fortissima !!! nu' bbabbà !!!" Laura - I think it means "you are strong" but I've no idea what "nu' bbabbà" means and neither have the translation services on the Internet!!!! :rotfl: A translation would be great!! :)
I love all the Christmas cards too - we've certainly got a lot more cards this year than we've ever had before!!! :rotfl:
I will put up a thread so people can say what they got (but not until 25th as we know some people {naming no names!!! :rotfl: } might then possibly be tempted to open their gifts before Christmas!!!! ;) and if you want to put photos up that would be brilliant!!

This thread has thrown up some unexpected problems mainly in the form of one secret santa who seems to have disapppeared off the face of the earth and has not sent a gift as far as I know. I hope that secret santa is ok and not experiencing any major problems. Maybe we'll hear one day what happened. Anyway that's all taken care of now but I would like to say that not one but two kind and generous people sent me a PM offering to send an extra secret santa gift so that the secret "santee" of the secret santa who's done a disappearing act wouldn't be short of a gift. I think that shows absolutely wonderful kindness and thoughtfulness so thank you very much indeed to those 2 kind santas!!
I had a wonderful surprise this morning when the postman brought me this:
bag707x942354x471.jpg
(It's not a secret santa present so I'm allowed to open it!!!!!)
I hope Kaye (bonhoga) won't mind me putting this up but it was sent as a thank you for doing the secret santa thread and is a touch of the Shetland Isles where Kaye lives. I think it's hand made and how on earth you managed to find time to make it as well as preparing Christmas for 5 children is amazing!!! And there are choccies in the bag too!!!! Thank you very very much Kaye for a wonderfully kind thought. We have such a wonderful group of kind people on this board. You're the best!!!! :grouphug: :love:

Wow Kaye, that is really beautiful!! DId you make it yourself? Di, you really do deserve it, you are wonderful!

OK I'm now officially embarrassed!!!! :blush: And much as though I would like to take the credit, it was made by a community project up here - I would love to have sent Di a beautiful all over fair isle jumper as I just feel she does so much for everybody - she has certainly brought a smile to my face more than once! :)

Sorry somebody has disappeared - you never know there are still a couple of delivery days left, I know I like to post everything at once at the very end, once I've checked the list once, twice and again and again...............so maybe there will be a nice surprise for someone after all!

Merry Christmas

PS Thanks Rhiannon for all your help, and not telling your Mum.

Kaye, It is just sooooo beautiful. When I lived in Canada there were a lot of sweaters about in that style. I used to have one but grew out of it. Is there a website/phone # or address that I could contact to have a sweater made just like Di's bag? I really love the colours and have thought of knitting one for years but just never have the time.

Hi Nicola,

COPE the community project doesn't have a website, but I think I can get a leaflet from their premises if you like? There is an official fair isle knitwear page:http://www.fairisle.org.uk/fairislecrafts/ which you might want to have a look at. I'm like you , I would love to pick up those wires again - but I never seem to have time anymore!

Merry Christmas Nicola

Kaye, Thanks for the link. Had a look and the sweaters look beautiful. Will give them an email after Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Kaye nice to see this since that's the type of Community Enterprises I work with in Aberdeenshire.
Hope you don't mind but I've posted this link to COPE's other businesses :)

Wow Reid - no problem at all. Do they mention any of COPEs other ventures apart from soap on the link they do all sorts up here. Products, coffee shop and cafe, plants, furniture restoration and I'm sure theres even more I've forgotten about.This is a good time of year to support organisations like this and I think their products are great! Who do you work with Aberdeenshire?

PS How do you insert a link like that? I've noticed lots of people doing it and I don't know how!!!!!!!!!? :confused3

To insert a link, use the example below, except replace any round brackets with square brackets (if I'd have used square brackets [ ], it would have done the link and not shown the code behind it, if you see what I mean).

(url=http://www.nameofwebsite.com/)Text you want to appear as the link(/url)

Oh, and can I also add my thanks to Di for setting all this Secret Santa-ing up in the first place. You've done a really good job and it's helped make the people on this board (who were a pretty friendly bunch anyway) come even closer together!

Thank you Steve - and thank you for the info about setting up links too - I've often wondered how people do that!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter