a girls-only birthday weekend w/ the mouse! sept. '07 w/ pics! THE END!!! :(

tara I am starting to think that dec. 08 is to far away but maybe after I start planning it won't seem so far away.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: You got the WDW travel bug! You'll have to thank Dawn for that! It's always hard to wait until the next trip! We're going to Mexico this winter for vacation and probably won't be back to WDW until next fall. It seems like forever! :headache:

Dawn, I'm sorry I've been mia lately! I got all caught up and loved your report so far. You are just so darn cute!:cutie:

Dawn, Erin, Tara...you three are SOO cute!

Punkin' I saw your TR from a link UM's TR...Thanks for telling your story!

:)

Erin-YOU'RE HOOKED! :lmao: I hadn't gone since Feb '04, and went in Aug '07...that was a LONG TIME...I don't think I can make it too much longer...but I would like to buy a house one day...hahahhaha welcome to the club...

Tara-Congrats on your baby...good luck!

i'm sorry i haven't updated in a few days. i'm trying to get LOTS of work done before i leave this weekend for a good friend's wedding in florida. if you're reading my april/may pre-TR you know what i'm talking about (link in my siggie...hint, hint. :laughing: ) i promise to have an update as soon as i get back....if not right before i leave. just depends on how much work i get done today and tomorrow!

Freshly subscribed! I'm only on page 1 but am onboard cause I am on a girls trip for 3 days next June!

welcome! thanks for reading!!!

tara I am starting to think that dec. 08 is to far away but maybe after I start planning it won't seem so far away.

it's sooooo hard waiting for your next disney vacation. so that's why you join the DIS.....to live vicariously through other people's trip reports and to overplan your own! :laughing:

Great installment! :thumbsup2 Patiently waiting for more..............popcorn::

thanks!!!

:rotfl2: :rotfl: You got the WDW travel bug! You'll have to thank Dawn for that! It's always hard to wait until the next trip! We're going to Mexico this winter for vacation and probably won't be back to WDW until next fall. It seems like forever! :headache:

yep....she's caught it all right! she e-mailed me a video of expedition everest the other day. :rotfl:

Dawn, I'm sorry I've been mia lately! I got all caught up and loved your report so far. You are just so darn cute!:cutie:

no apologies necessary! life happens....what can you do? ;)

Dawn, Erin, Tara...you three are SOO cute!

Punkin' I saw your TR from a link UM's TR...Thanks for telling your story!

:)

Erin-YOU'RE HOOKED! :lmao: I hadn't gone since Feb '04, and went in Aug '07...that was a LONG TIME...I don't think I can make it too much longer...but I would like to buy a house one day...hahahhaha welcome to the club...

Tara-Congrats on your baby...good luck!

welcome and thanks for reading! i can't believe i have a TR going the same time as UM....talk about competition! :rolleyes:

hmmmm....popcorn and coffee? how does that taste? :scared: :laughing:

Ah, you're doing great, she is tough competition, but I am quite enjoying this one! Different trip, different people....Grood job! :)

Hey, I'm here too! With more of these !!!!!! and some of these ((((())))) for you.

Can't wait for more. Now where's that 100 Calorie pack of popcorn?

popcorn::

i promise to have an update as soon as i get back...

Alright, I'm holding you to that...:laughing: Man, I need to get a life....I was told this week at work that I'm ODD or have ODD..I can't remember how it was put to me....ODD - Obsessive Disney Disorder....Thanks that's me.:)

Caught up. I think that video of Erin telling you to "stop it," is funny. What a great friend you are! :laughing:

BTW ~ I bought that Kingdom Hearts game and am a little stumped now ... help!

i'm home!!! in case anyone's interested, i posted a little mini TR about the wedding on my pre-trippie for my april/may trip. we had fun......but we're SO TIRED! i promise to have an updated in the next couple of days. thanks for being patient with me!!!

here's the link to the above-mentioned mini TR: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=21411590&postcount=55

Ah, you're doing great, she is tough competition, but I am quite enjoying this one! Different trip, different people....Grood job! :)

thanks! :goodvibes

Hey, I'm here too! With more of these !!!!!! and some of these ((((())))) for you.

Can't wait for more. Now where's that 100 Calorie pack of popcorn?

popcorn::

thanks for the exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!! (i so needed them......as well as the parenthesis!) :rotfl:

Have a great weekend! Hope the wedding goes well!!!!!!!

thanks! it did!

Alright, I'm holding you to that...:laughing: Man, I need to get a life....I was told this week at work that I'm ODD or have ODD..I can't remember how it was put to me....ODD - Obsessive Disney Disorder....Thanks that's me.:)

i seem to have that too. :rolleyes1

Caught up. I think that video of Erin telling you to "stop it," is funny. What a great friend you are! :laughing:

BTW ~ I bought that Kingdom Hearts game and am a little stumped now ... help!

the best friends are the ones that aggravate you with a video camera when you're really tired and at MK on only 4 hours of sleep! :laughing: hope the game-playing went well this weekend! ;)

finally.....an update! sorry for the wait. :guilty:

i forgot to mention at the end of the last update that when we (finally) got off the bus tara went to the front desk and took care of our DDP issues while i went to check out the gift shop and erin went to claim the shower. i found the cutest grey vintage mickey shirt but it was way too expensive IMO for a T-shirt, so i passed and got a four cheese hot pocket and some of those nestle crunch ice cream dip things. :rolleyes1

anyway.....on to the next day! today we didn't have to get up so early. we were aiming to get to MGM around 9:00-ish....but no hurry. tara got up first and got ready, then she went ahead and headed down to get breakfast while erin and i finished getting ready. we met her at the little "goods to go" window and, after trying to understand the really complicated rules on ordering a breakfast CS meal, i ended up getting a milk (which i didn't drink), apple juice and a bacon and egg croissant, which was so big i had to eat it with a fork. of course i also had some coffee i had made in the room.

we sat by the water and ate and i freaked out at the birds a few times. :rolleyes:

we then hopped in my car and headed for MGM. we had learned from the day before that the bus service at OKW was less than desirable. we got a parking place at MGM VERY close to the front and walked right in with no lines.

we decided that erin and tara would go check out the great movie ride (which i had no interest in riding since i think it should be called the "lame movie ride") while i ran over to ToT to get fastpasses for erin and i (no ToT for preggo tara! :guilty: )

Picture092.jpg

as i walked by the entrance to a closed RnRC i grumbled under my breath with disappointment. :sad2:

i stopped in another watch store on the way back to see if i could find another watch and still nothing caught my eye. as i was walking past the sorcerer's hat the characteres were out.....

Picture094.jpg

donald and daisy are holding hands.......so cute! :love:

Picture097-1.jpg

while i waited for tara and erin i talked to a CM working under the sorcerer's hat. i asked him if he knew anything about the annual passholder's merchandise i had heard about and he said all they had was pins. i wanted a t-shirt or a hat, but oh well.

i found a bench near the exit of the great movie ride and didn't wait long until erin and tara came out with a scowl on their face. they said they encountered a really rude CM who had told them to hurry up in a very rude way. :mad: i'm so glad that's a rarity in WDW instead of the norm (like 6 flags!)

we decided to walk over to muppet vision 3D and check out the muppet labs.

Picture099-1.jpg

Picture100-2.jpg

of course we all loved the show! we ended up in the gift shop nearby that had kids/baby stuff. tara started talking to an awesome CM that ended up having at least a 20-minute conversation with us about all kinds of stuff. he even told her that since she didn't know what the sex of the baby was yet, that she could pick out whatever and call them, tell them what she wanted and they would mail it to her! :thumbsup2

erin looked around and finally decided to become a true disney vacationer by purchasing these.....

Picture102-3.jpg

they just look so natural on her! :cutie:

we then made our way over to the streets of america area and passed kim possible and that other dude she's always with....

Picture103-2.jpg

you can see in this pic that they were already putting up the osborne lights for christmas. i can't wait to see this one day! :santa:

erin and i decided to sing in the rain for awhile......

Picture104.jpg

continued in next post...http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=21428287&postcount=134

we then decided to check out the backlot tour. ray and i hadn't done this one back in may so this was a first for me. as we were walking in the CMs tried to get us to be part of the show, but tara said we got wet and when i heard that i really wasn't interested! :rolleyes1

here's some pics from the tour.....

the poor guys who got soaked instead of us!

Picture107-1.jpg

Picture106-1.jpg

the cages used in pirates of the caribbean...pirate:

Picture110.jpg

tara's about to get wet.......she doesn't look too worried, does she? :laughing:

Picture112-2.jpg

walt disney's private jet....

Picture113-1.jpg

we also saw these guys going by while we were on the tour. erin almost jumped off the tram and ran over to say hello! :rotfl:

Picture117-1.jpg

after the tour, it was almost time for lunch, so we headed in the direction of '50's prime time cafe. on the way i stopped by the star tours gift shop to see if i could find a shirt and jedi mickey for ray. all the shirts i saw that i liked were black and he doesn't wear black. so i got him the luke skywalker mickey and the darth vader goofy. :darth:

we then went over to '50's to check in. i love this place.....so cool inside!

Picture120-1.jpg

look at the name on the TV!

Picture122.jpg

i went to the potty while erin got a beer from the bar. we were seated soon thereafter and told that cousin elizabeth would be with us soon. as soon as she came in the room, she looked at erin and said, "i'm glad you already got yourself that beer because i'm sure not getting you one" and walked away! :lmao: she was AWESOME!!!! really in character and just hilarious! i highly recommend asking for cousin elizabeth if you eat here!

Picture125.jpg

i ordered grandma's picnic punch and it was very yummy....came with a glowing ice cube! i tried to get a pic of the ice cube but it never turned out. here's my drink though......

Picture124-2.jpg

as elizabeth checked my ID she asked me how far my home town was from blairsville, georgia. i told her we were about an hour away or maybe a little more and she said that they had a house in blairsville and she's been going there every year for the last 12 years (or something like that). such a small world! i guess waitressing at WDW pays well because blairsville has some nice houses up in the mountains!

i ordered the fried herb cheese for my appetizer......very good! the middle was nice and creamy and was very yummy spread over the bread. and the fruit went well with it, too!

Picture121.jpg

for my entree i got the grilled chicken sandwich. i asked for BBQ sauce but it was forgotten. it's okay....i didn't need it. the sandwich was tasty without it!

Picture123.jpg

while we were eating we noticed it was POURING outside. but the sun was shining at the same time, so we were hoping it would pass soon!

for dessert i got the apple cobbler but only took a couple of bites because i was so full.

Picture127.jpg

erin got the s'mores but didn't eat a bite....just went outside to smoke instead. bad erin! :laughing: i took a bite of them and they were okay.....too rich for me though. she returned from her smoke break and decided to try the s'mores after all and couldn't stop eating them! she loved them. i'm not a big chocolate person though.....i know.....that's like sacreligious around here!

ETA: i totally forgot about this. i was just looking at the food pics and i realized there was a kids menu under my plates. erin had asked cousin elizabeth for crayons and she came back with both crayons and kids menus. so erin, tara and i totally did all the puzzles and everything while waiting for our food. hey....at least we weren't bored!

next up.......indiana jones, someone plays "cutzies" in the star tours queue and chip bites the dust!!!!!!! popcorn::

next installment: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=21515155&postcount=156

as elizabeth checked my ID she asked me how far my home town was from blairsville, georgia. i told her we were about an hour away or maybe a little more and she said that they had a house in blairsville and she's been going there every year for the last 12 years (or something like that). such a small world! i guess waitressing at WDW pays well because blairsville has some nice houses up in the mountains!

We lived in Blairsville from 2001-2004 - funny to hear the town mentioned from someone at Disney. It is such a small town but it is amazing to me how many people I've run into that have been there! :)

I've read your TR from May and have been following this one too. I love your reports! :love: The Blairsville comment brought me out of lurkdom. :lmao:

I so think 50's Primetime is on our future dining plans. We just rarely have resies at MGM. I think we might have to try to eat there next trip!

go back and read the end of my '50's info.....i added something i forgot the first time!

That Tonga toast looks to die for! :cloud9: You are so photogenic, all your pics came out great. I love the video of Tink coming down. I saw a vintage Mickey T that I really wanted too but didn't want to spend $30 on. Of course, now I wish I did! :rolleyes: Prime Time looks like fun, I'll have to try it one day since your sandwich looks so delicious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter