a girls-only birthday weekend w/ the mouse! sept. '07 w/ pics! THE END!!! :(

Great update, love the pics. We've only done CP for breakfast, how was the food overall like compared to Chef Mickey's for dinner, it looked better. Glad they went all out for her b-day. Sounds like you guys had fun with the characters too, can't wait to see what comes up next!
Lesley

Okay Dawn, I'm all caught up. Somewhere along the line I lost your trip report. It must have been when it went from pre-trip to trip. I realized it tonight and went searchin'.

Your pictures look great, you guys really seem like your having lots of fun. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip!

Ahhhh... the buffet there is good. I forgot about the butter for the rolls. I agree, it was good!

Yea! CP did a great job celebrating Erin's special day! Sounds like you didn't encounter any Seater/Host-Nazi's (Seinfeld's soup-Nazi episode) like I have in the past.

I have never been disappointed with their food. Yes, some things are not so good...but I think that happens easily at any restaurant, let alone most Buffets.

Great update,Dawn!:thumbsup2 I love all the pictures of you and Erin with the characters.

Neat about the neighbor.:goodvibes

This really makes me want to celebrate my bday in Disney....:rolleyes1

Great update! CP sounds good and the food looks yummy. Seems like they took good care of sweet Erin there! Looks of birthday love for her.

You know I never thought about all the little kids that might be at a character meal. We have only done one....at 1900 Park Fare....and the girls were so non-plussed that I only book "adult" restaurants now. DS couldn't care less about the characters.

Cool that you ran into your mom's neighbor! I actually had two neighbors...from my street...who were there at the same time as us! I also thought I saw a lady who looked familiar from the pick-up line at school. So when we got back I saw her and said "this may sound very strange, but..." and IT WAS HER! She was in the triathalon that week. OK...cue Small World music...

How funny that you bumped into your Mum's nextdoor neighbour :rotfl2:

CP looked loads of fun how cute was Piglet :goodvibes

LOL at Tigger and Piglet! What cute things they did. I too had the experience of bumping into someone from home at WDW. It's a neat coincidence.

Hey! :) I'm finally caught up and ready for more. I'm loving it so far! Great pictures! You know I like to see a lot of pictures in a trippie. ;)

i'm proud to announce that i just received a phone call from erin who told me that she's officially planning a september 2008 trip for she and her niece. yes! i was successful at spreading the disney magic! and i have more trips to help plan! :banana:

i'm hoping to have an update up tonight or tomorrow. i'm uploading some video, so that's taking some time. :)

Aw. I love Tigger! I'll never be too old to watch Winnie the Pooh. :flower3: But shhhhh! That's our secret! :)

you know, i never really was that into pooh and the gang. but this experience at CP peaked my interest so i may have to watch some of the old cartoons. erin picked CP....that's why we went there.

:thumbsup2 Dawn, I love this update and :thanks: for sharing such fun pictures. It sounds like the CP did not disappoint! :goodvibes

you're welcome! i was pleasantly surprised that the food was so good!

I just love your TR's. You had a good time at Crystal Palace right?? cause that is where I am going for my 30th birthday in November for breakfast!!

yes, it was awesome! BE SURE to wear your birthday button....you'll get lots of special attention!

Great update! I love the pics! :goodvibes You three did quite a bit considering the fact that you only got 4 hours of sleep! I can't believe you're still goin'...:laughing:

tell me about it! we didn't go for much longer after that! :rolleyes:

Great update! I did CP for lunch for my niece and nephew's birthdays and that cupcake they give you is super duper sweet! I love love love sweets but after one little taste, I couldn't even imagine eating more. I think I got a cavity just looking at it.

Or maybe I was just stuffed to the gills from all the yummy buffet food :rolleyes1

Either way, it was really sweet!

i don't remember tasting it, and being that it was so sweet i probably wouldn't remembered if i did! erin was completely floored by the amount of food we got on the DDP everywhere we went. she was always like, "are we eating AGAIN????" :rotfl2:

Great update, love the pics. We've only done CP for breakfast, how was the food overall like compared to Chef Mickey's for dinner, it looked better. Glad they went all out for her b-day. Sounds like you guys had fun with the characters too, can't wait to see what comes up next!
Lesley

i've never been to chef mickey's, but i'm telling you....that food was really good. i was really surprised. i hear "character buffet" and i think interaction with characters....mediocre food. but not so! sure...it wasn't the best thing i've ever eaten at disney or anything, but it was good stuff! :thumbsup2

Okay Dawn, I'm all caught up. Somewhere along the line I lost your trip report. It must have been when it went from pre-trip to trip. I realized it tonight and went searchin'.

Your pictures look great, you guys really seem like your having lots of fun. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of the trip!

thanks for coming over! sorry about that! :rolleyes:

Ahhhh... the buffet there is good. I forgot about the butter for the rolls. I agree, it was good!

butter....yum.... (said in my best homer simpson voice!)

Yea! CP did a great job celebrating Erin's special day! Sounds like you didn't encounter any Seater/Host-Nazi's (Seinfeld's soup-Nazi episode) like I have in the past.

I have never been disappointed with their food. Yes, some things are not so good...but I think that happens easily at any restaurant, let alone most Buffets.

no host nazis for us. they were very assertive, now that you mention it. but nothing over the top like your experience! and yes, that food was really good for a buffet. i just didn't expect it to be good. i guess if you set your standards low at disney you usually get a nice surprise! :laughing:

Great update,Dawn!:thumbsup2 I love all the pictures of you and Erin with the characters.

Neat about the neighbor.:goodvibes

This really makes me want to celebrate my bday in Disney....:rolleyes1

another excuse to go back!!! :idea:

Great update! CP sounds good and the food looks yummy. Seems like they took good care of sweet Erin there! Looks of birthday love for her.

You know I never thought about all the little kids that might be at a character meal. We have only done one....at 1900 Park Fare....and the girls were so non-plussed that I only book "adult" restaurants now. DS couldn't care less about the characters.

Cool that you ran into your mom's neighbor! I actually had two neighbors...from my street...who were there at the same time as us! I also thought I saw a lady who looked familiar from the pick-up line at school. So when we got back I saw her and said "this may sound very strange, but..." and IT WAS HER! She was in the triathalon that week. OK...cue Small World music...

how funny about your neighbors....from your street! erin had a blast as CP...obviously. she's booking a trip next september! oh, and please DON'T cue the small world music!!! :scared:

Great update!

thank you!!!

How funny that you bumped into your Mum's nextdoor neighbour :rotfl2:

CP looked loads of fun how cute was Piglet :goodvibes

piglet was SOOOOO cute!!! especially when he kissed us. by the way, is piglet a he?

LOL at Tigger and Piglet! What cute things they did. I too had the experience of bumping into someone from home at WDW. It's a neat coincidence.

it is neat! my jaw just dropped when i saw him. he actually went to high school with ray so that's why he asked about him. so strange to see someone from your hometown there!

Hey! :) I'm finally caught up and ready for more. I'm loving it so far! Great pictures! You know I like to see a lot of pictures in a trippie. ;)

hi, lynda! yes, i definitely include many pictures....i'm a picture freak! i didn't take any wishes pictures this time. i wanted to record it from a stationary position, UNLIKE when DH did it last time and was moving all over the place!!! :rolleyes1

so when i left you we had just stuffed ourselves at crystal palace. we came out of the restaurant around 7:00 and……:eek: wow………people were already getting spots for spectromagic! now ray and i didn’t see this in may so i’ve never seen it. i knew it was a big deal though. so we started scoping out a spot on the hub. we thought we had a great one until a CM told us that the parade didn’t come on that side of the hub…..:headache: doh! there were NO other spots, so i told erin and tara i’d run over to liberty square/frontierland to get a spot over there. as i went by the hall of presidents, i noticed the little brick wall near the gallows in front of the liberty belle station wasn’t filled up. i sprinted over there, hopped up on the wall and waited til i spotted erin and tara, then started waving like mad. yeah, i’m sure i looked like an idiot! :rolleyes1

while we were waiting i called melinda (the dis peep i had talked to on the road) and she and her kiddos were on their way in our direction. just then i noticed a lady in a phone that i thought may be melinda, then i saw two girls with her and i knew it was her. i started waving (yes, again!) and she caught my eye. they headed in our direction and we had our first peep meet!!! :yay: :hug: melinda and her kids were sooooooooo sweet! just as i expected. both her daughters are just beautiful and so friendly and her little boy is just a cutie! i realized i had forgotten to bring our glow necklaces and melinda was nice enough to give us all one! so i didn’t have to pay $50 for a plastic glow necklace from disney!!! it was so nice spending a few minutes with melinda and her kids before the parade started! here are some pics (i stole one of these from Melinda!)……

Picture088-2.jpg

punkintara.jpg

and here’s one of me and erin…….

Picture090.jpg

a few minutes after we sat down we all realized exactly how tired we were. :sad2: it was hard to even sit up! we were all SO BEAT. all i wanted to do was go take a shower and go to bed. but i had a magical spectrofied parade to see and i wasn’t gonna miss it!!!! and remember those space mountain fastpasses we had? um……yeah…..not gonna happen! the park stayed open an hour after wishes that night but we all three agreed to head back to OKW to bed instead! so i gave the fastpasses to melinda’s kids. :angel: her little boy was thrilled….i think he and one of the girls rode it after we left.

don’t believe we’re tired? here…..let erin explain it…..

i decided not to take any pictures of the parade. i’d been told multiple times they don’t do it justice. since DH has never seen the parade, i decided to film it instead. i got in the little area where the bushes and mulch are so i could film over everyone’s head. i didn’t stand up though……just squatted for the next 30 minutes. let’s just say my legs were not happy with me! :rolleyes: i finally had to pull out my poncho and use it as a seat! i had on white shorts and i didn’t want to ruin them by sitting in mulch.

speaking of ponchos, it started sprinkling while we were waiting and i was so afraid they would cancel the parade, but i guess the show must go on because the parade started shortly!!! :woohoo:

since i didn’t take any pics, i uploaded some video instead for my dedicated readers. :upsidedow these are a couple of my favorite parts. i loved the part with mickey and the smoke……so cool! and i got to see two of my favorites…..alice and peter!

continued in next post...http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=21261464&postcount=93

let me just say…….I LOVED THIS PARADE!!!!!!!! i cannot wait until we go back in april and DH sees it! i’m going to try to schedule it where we can see it twice. it’s just so fun and pretty and the music…….:cloud9: i’ve never been to a parade where people applauded when it was over!

after the parade we said our (temporary) goodbyes to melinda and fam and then we made a beeline for main street. we wanted to get as near to the train station as possible so we could get out quick. i didn’t want to skip wishes though because, as you know if you read my last TR, i’ve never seen tink fly in real life! i was afraid she wouldn’t because of the sprinkles. we shall see! popcorn::

as we were passing casey’s a girl looked at me and pointed and said, “punkin! i’m celery!!!” celery!!!! :yay: after i got her real name (i felt weird calling someone a vegetable!), i asked if she was coming to ohana’s tomorrow and she said she wasn’t sure since it was one of her travelmate’s birthdays. i didn’t stay long to talk to her because we were in such a hurry to get near the exit and now i feel bad because i didn’t see her again! :guilty: i’m sorry, cel!!! it was nice to meet you briefly!

we found a spot on main street in front of the first store on the left if you’re looking at the castle (i can’t remember the name of it – i think it’s the really long one that goes all along the left side). i didn’t take any pics of wishes either because i wanted a GOOD video of it. DH had filmed it last time and he was all over the place. this time i wanted to just keep my camera still and get the full effect with the castle in the picture and everything. of course i’d zoom in on tink though!

finally wishes started. i thought they turned the lights down on main street during the show? well, they didn't that night! :mad: anyway, here comes tink's big part.....lo and behold……:tink: TINK FLEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i finally saw it! :yay: :dance3: :yay: i was so happy. here’s a video. you can hear me say something about it…..i think I was a little choked up! :goodvibes

next time i’m gonna get closer!

after wishes was over we practically ran to the buses. i did (stupidly) stop at the little convenient-like store outside the gate to get a bottle of water because i hadn’t used my snack that day and i was parched. i shouldn’t have stopped because when we got to the OKW stop the bus was pulling off! :confused3 sorry, guys!

to make a VERY LONG story short, when another OKW bus FINALLY came, we stood there for – i kid you not – at least 20 minutes before we got on. there were two ECVs that needed to be loaded and they took FOREVER!!!!!! i understand that people need those things, but this was ridiculous. even the people’s families that were with them were moving at the speed of a narcoleptic snail! :(

we FINALLY got on the bus and once we got to OKW, we discovered that the main lobby stop (our stop) was the last one. we just couldn’t win! :sad2:

we trudged up to our room and before long we were showered and in bed. :cloud9: what a day! we were at MK from 8:50 to 9:15 on 4 hours of sleep!!!!!!! but we got a lot done and we all had a blast. :thumbsup2

next up……our morning at MGM….where erin finally gets some ears! :earboy2:

next installment: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=21428268&postcount=133

Punkin, I am loving your TR. We have a girls only trip planned for Nov 9-14. DS, Dsil, DS sil. Kinda confusing, but we are all related, and have been to WDW together before. Can't wait. New adventures for us on this trip will be Super Soap at MGM:cool2: , and MVMCP.:santa:

I will be here to read your next post.:surfweb: And thank you for the videos of the parade and tink. Don't you just love TR's?

BTW, I stayed at OKW when we went with our mom 2/07, she had been through a really rough year, we were not sure she would make it back to WDW. We stayed in a studio, to give us more room than a moderate. We really loved it:love: , and got a great deal by renting points. We walked to SSR, what a pretty walk. I am sure that your short trip did not give you time to do this, but for anyone else reading this, it is fun.

Poor girls! You did look so tired that night. What a long day for you! But hey...it was a long day at Disney...right?

It was such a pleasure to meet you all and you were just as sweet and adorable as I knew you'd be...just like I pictured you! :hug:

Thanks for the SM FPs! Yes DS and DD DID ride and we watched the fireworks from SM...then felt compelled to conquer all MK mountains before the 10pm closing time....BIG MISTAKE. It made for a no-fun day at AK the next day with DS who was exhausted. But it was very cool riding BTMR and Splash after dark! Oh well....live and learn.

I will watch the video later when I can turn up the sound. I :love: Spectro! Isn't it just the best parade EVER? I have the soundtrack here and listen to it sometimes. I just love the Spectro music.

I am happy that the freaky Spectro men are no longer wearing the lite up mask like last year...
100_9125.jpg

Do I write the longest reply posts? Geesh! I enjoyed this one! Have a great day, Dawn!

A long day at Disney is better than a short day at work......Where is a good place to watch the parade and/or Wishes?.......Love the trip report...:love:

Go VANDY!!!...........Beat them Dawgs this weekend....:cheer2:

Have a great one............

:goodvibes I got goosebumps with your Tink Video. I totally got choked up at that part of wishes in June...something about Jiminy's voice i think!
Great installment :)

Read your latest installment last night, and I got a bit teary-eyed hearing you get excited about Tink on the video. :goodvibes I love first-time WDW experiences! It sounds like you had an exhausting, but great day at MK! :thumbsup2

by the way, is piglet a he?
I just asked the girls and apparently Piglet is a boy!!!

Wow Dawn no wonder you were exhausted after no sleep and that many hours in MK! How wonderful to meet Melinda and her kids and get a great spectro spot too, oh and see Tink fly it was a wonderful evening :goodvibes Well until the ride home :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter