• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Friday at DLP in August? Or Paris instead?

holbie18

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone,

We are taking our kids to Disney World in Orlando at the end of this month. We live in the US....before we planned our trip to Florida we had planned a trip to Europe this summer. We will have three days in the Paris area. My husband and I have been to Paris before. The kids have not. They will be 4.5 and 7 when we go. We'll be meeting up with our former au pair when we are in Paris. She lives outside of Meaux.

Is it worth it to go to DLP for a day? The only day we could do this would be Friday August 9th. I plan to show the kids Paris, but I also don't plan to drag them around to museums while we are there.

Also - any suggestions for places the kids will like in Paris? I know they want to see the Eiffel tower. I thought about a Paris river cruise too and a visit to Montmarte to ride the funicular to the top.

Anyway, my son (the older child) really wants to see DLP when we are there. Part of me does, part of me says we should be going into Paris. If we did DLP it would be on the 14th day of our trip....so by that point too I'm sure the kids would be tired of traditional sightseeing. We would be heading home to the states two days later. So - if we did do DLP - how long would we be waiting in line for rides? It would cost us around $300 USD I think for the day.

I think you could just how everyone feels once you are there. Given the ages of your children I can see that a day at DLP may be just the thing in amongst all the sightseeing. The Disneyland Park is beautiful and well worth seeing if you have the time, but not if it leaves you short of time in Paris.

I don't know for sure but I imagine it will be pretty busy on a Friday in August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter