A first non-DCL cruise I would book...

I've heard about retired people that don't own a house they just travel cruise ship to cruise ship. When you think about how much you spend on living expenses it might be about even to be on a lifelong cruise!

After what we paid for two years for my father in law in an assisted living facility, I told my husband to just plant me on a cruise ship with a nice balcony room....it couldn't be any more expensive than what we'd paid for dad.

Our town sits right next to a town that's basically a retirement town for the very, very wealthy. I can't tell you how many times a day I pass someone (me in my Mini Cooper) driving a Jag, Mercedes, even a Maserati yesterday....driving 10 miles under the speed limit....gripping the wheel with a death grip.....and look like they have one foot in the grave. I always think it's sad to waste such hot cars on the old. :sad2:

In all fairness though, I WILL be there myself someday. But I won't have a hot car.:sad1:

You just put quite the visual in my head. LOL.

Do you have to pay tips on a 103 day cruise if you eat at the quick service restaurant every day? :rotfl2:

I could cover the fare, but tips and excursions would be a killer :lmao:

Logistically... a cat 3 is about the same as a navigator suite. Cost wise, you get the 103 days for the cost of 70 days on DCL.

I'd totally do it when our kids are fully grown and out of the house. But I do agree about the weight.

I actually lose weight on cruises. I do a lot more walking, and we do open-ocean snorkeling, so that's a lot more exercise than I get at home.
Plus I'm not a fan of all the fancy food, so I usually end up with a plain salad and a chicken breast.
I wonder if my insurance company would pay for a 100 day cruise for me, as a weight loss clinic??? :laughing:

I actually lose weight on cruises. I do a lot more walking, and we do open-ocean snorkeling, so that's a lot more exercise than I get at home.
Plus I'm not a fan of all the fancy food, so I usually end up with a plain salad and a chicken breast.
I wonder if my insurance company would pay for a 100 day cruise for me, as a weight loss clinic??? :laughing:

Oh, you are so on to something here! :thumbsup2

I also loose when I cruise as I'm more active than I am on any given work day. AND I eat better on the ship...more variety, smaller entree portions. Even with a dessert every night at dinner and one cocktail a day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter