A D & D Adventure in WDW

Only 18 Days to Go!!

:woohoo:

The kid is having breakfast and emptying the dishwasher ... the DW is taking Ranger for a walk ... so I have some time to get back to this PTR!!

First - as promised - a few pictures from the Disney on Ice show we saw a couple weeks ago ... They don't do justice to the quality of the staging, costumes, etc. - it was very difficult getting good photos shooting from the dark seats to the lighted ice with your basic digital camera - and forget about getting moving skaters in focus!! :sad2:

Needless to say - I need to reread the camera's operating manual and practice a bit more under different conditions before heading down to WDW!!

First off, the DW and the DD (with her Mickey ears crown):

JOEL_0020.jpg

A "fuzzy" Jasmine, Genie, and retainers ... The "castle" set would rotate and change a bit to be in sync with the theme of each of the princeesses ...

JOEL_0024.jpg

VIC_4086.jpg

A nice shot of one of the princes ...

JOEL_0057.jpg

And last but not least ...

VIC_4091.jpg

I'll be back after I submit this ...

If you look at the "prince photo" in the previous post, you'll see some "blurs" of light behind him - those are skaters! ... and that's how most of my shots of the skaters came out ...:scared1: :rotfl2:

We had good seats - 2nd row up from the ice - but I guess your basic digital camera just can't adjust for the difference in light levels when you're shooting from about 50-100 feet away.

The first half of the show had 10 minute sketches about each of the "classic" princesses - Aurora, Ariel, Mulan, Snow White - and in the 2nd half the Cinderella story was performed.

Good show - and a fun time!! :thumbsup2

Looks like I'll have to go back and change my Epcot touring plan a bit - I just found out that the Fairies are moving to Epcot for the F & G Festival ...

And I'll have to adjust my "draft" plan for the MK - since the Princesses will be on the Adventureland Veranda (not in Exhibition Hall) ...

But first -after talking with my BIL, I decided to pick up our luggage at MCO instead of having it delivered to our room at AS Mo.

His family had flown in to WDW last October about the same time we'll be arriving (after 10 pm) - and he had a little difficulty getting his bags from ME that late at night. And since they had stayed at AKL - and we're staying at AS Movies - I think I'll just get them myself before boarding the ME bus ...

The DD keeps asking me when we're going to start packing!!! :rotfl:

... next weekend ... :lovestruc

Hey there~
I've missed so much! I'm here and going back to read! I hope you and Danielle had a wonderful trip!!! I hope you do a TR so I can live vicariously through you!!
Hope you're well!
Kristen:goodvibes

Hi Kristen!! (and everyone else out there in DISland ...) :)

Of course we had a great time ... and a little magic, too!!

And Fastpass rocks!!! - especially when you know how to use it ... :worship:
at one point I was holding FPs to Splash Mtn, BTMRR, and the Jungle Cruise ... :banana: ...
... but, of course, the DD was too tired to ride any of them ... :rotfl2:

But that story will have to wait for the TR ... speaking of which:

Right now I'm working on putting my Photopass Photoalbum together and the Photo CD, so the TR will have to wait a bit ...

And I definitely have those "post-WDW Blues" ... :sad2:

Although yesterday's arrival of my last minute shopping spree in the ASMo store was the right medicine ... :thumbsup2

But I could REALLY use a Mickey Bar!!!

And these 3-4 day trips to WDW are just too short ... next time, at least a week!! :woohoo:

Later ... (if not sooner ...)

Almost done dealing with the Photopass stuff ... TR coming soon ...

BTW - I wish the countdown timer in my siggie was correct ... :(

OK - the Photopass stuff is done and ordered ... I took advantage of the special "10 free pages" offer and put together a 40-page photo book ...

... and that was for a 3.5 day trip ...

What will I do on our next trip, which I want to be at least a week?!?!?:lmao:

... and I need to update my siggie and get rid of that countdown timer ... Athough, could it know something I don't ... ? :rolleyes1

Greetings!!

The photos from our trip are just about all organized ... which means it will be time to get the TR rolling along ...

Back soon ...

Yep - still here!!!

"Here" as in NJ - not so much on DISBoards lately ...:rotfl:

You know how it is ... "Life" ...

I got motivated a couple months ago and printed out most of the pictures I took and put them in the WDW Photo album I bought - now I just have to finish the job!!

I posted a trip report on AllEars - so now I just have to load up the pictures and post it here ...

And I'm saving up for that next trip ... not sure when yet ...

But I may have something different to post in a couple weeks: the DD is going to a Theatre Camp for a month this summer - and they're putting on a version of Disney's "The Jungle Book" in two weeks - so keep an eye out for some pictures ...

She's playing a wolf cub, a prickley pear, and a tree ... I'll guess I'll find out what a prickly pear does!! :rotfl2:

Have a great (and less hot and humid!!) day!!!

PS. We also "rescued" a puppy on Memorial Day - check out my siggie - her "icon" fits ...:love:

So when's your next trip to WDW ...?? :rolleyes1

Yep - still here!!!

"Here" as in NJ - not so much on DISBoards lately ...:rotfl:

You know how it is ... "Life" ...

I got motivated a couple months ago and printed out most of the pictures I took and put them in the WDW Photo album I bought - now I just have to finish the job!!

I posted a trip report on AllEars - so now I just have to load up the pictures and post it here ...

And I'm saving up for that next trip ... not sure when yet ...

But I may have something different to post in a couple weeks: the DD is going to a Theatre Camp for a month this summer - and they're putting on a version of Disney's "The Jungle Book" in two weeks - so keep an eye out for some pictures ...

She's playing a wolf cub, a prickley pear, and a tree ... I'll guess I'll find out what a prickly pear does!! :rotfl2:

Have a great (and less hot and humid!!) day!!!

PS. We also "rescued" a puppy on Memorial Day - check out my siggie - her "icon" fits ...:love:

So when's your next trip to WDW ...?? :rolleyes1

Glad to hear you're doing well and enjoying Summer! I hear you, as you well know, I dropped the ball quiet a few times on my TR, life got in the way, Disney Depression set in and the rest is history! :sick:

Can't wait to see the picks of Danielle in her play, how cute and fun for her!!

And a new puppy! YAY!! So much fun!

Do you think you'll do this TR? Keep me posted, if so!

Missed all of my DIS friends! Did you see my new ticker!:rolleyes1 When's your next trip? :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter