A coffee maker question..

mudnuri

<font color=deeppink>I HATE it when I miss somethi
We're staying at AS Movies in April, and it just dawned on me that they do not offer a coffee maker...this is NOT a good thing! I've read where people are bringing in those portable cooler/fridge things, and was wondering if I can bring in a coffee maker.

I wont be bring the george foreman, or crock pot or anything like that, but I NEED my coffee ready when I roll out of bed...and I'm sure the other guests would appreciate NOT having to see me stumble to the food court...no I'm not drunk...I just need coffee LOL

Any advice appreciated...i have to call CRO Monday to change my building request, I didn't realize 101 dalmations was a non-smoking building. Even though I dont smoke in my home, or hotel room I will be smoking outside, but if the building is non-smoking...I'll move to another and smoke near the smoking rooms...I've heard fantasia and mighty ducks are the smoking buildings..I'm going to request mighty ducks...the pool will be nice too.

enough of that- back at the topic...can I bring my coffee maker?

thanks
Brandy

I think you can request a coffee maker. If not, and it is clearly important to you, bring yours. People bring all sorts of electrical appliances to use in the rooms. Whether right or wrong, it's done. If not having coffee first thing is going to negatively effect your holiday, bring the machine!

I have read they are not available. thats why I thought I'd bring mine..

When I call to change buildings I'll ask then....

Thanks
Brandy

Coffe maker like I do. Its by Black and Decker and works great, it takes regular coffee too.;) I used it the 7 mornings I was at PC in early Feb. I HATE the coffee they have at the food court.:crazy2:

I bought a Melitta "travel mug" coffee maker for my recent WDW trip (I think it's called a Take 2). It's the coffee maker plus 2 travel mugs that the coffee brews directly into. I needd my coffee fix first thing in the morning and do not like the Nescafe that they have at Pop Century (and elsewhere at WDW). It took up a lot of luggage space, but was well worth it.

T&B

In our past visits we had bought the mugs and I sent my DH to get coffee every morning. But with the nescafe coffee last time we decided not to do that again. I went to Wal Mart and bought a small 4 cup coffee maker. It was only $13.87. Cheaper than buying 2 mugs and we bring our own soda anyway. So we had good tasting coffee without having to trudge to the food court. Bring one, especially if you drive down its no problem.

My dad always takes his own percolator to hotels b/c he only likes his own coffee. It is easily rinsable and has no breakable glass parts.

Okay I just called to change my room location...the guy 1st off couldnt believe that I would change to a smoking building even if I dont smoke in the room...he said it was very considerate of the other guests and that it's exactly the type of thing "walt would do"...not sure if this is an old timer that I spoke to or what but it was neat to hear!

Anyway- onto the coffee maker...I asked if I could bring a coffee maker from home and he said "you sure can"...I said that I understood that there was a food court etc.. and he said "I get it, you need coffee in the morning.." I said, first thing when I get up etc... he said "not a problem, bring your coffee maker from home if you'd like"..

Great CM...really made me feel not as "stupid" for even asking.

he said that "You cannot believe what type of appliances some people bring in"...and I thought to myself oh yes I can, I read the DIS! LOL

Brandy

We always bring a 4-cup coffeemaker unless the resort already has them in the room.

Another option that I have been considering is taking along a box of "Folgers Coffe Singles". It's just like a tea bag except is has coffee in it.

I used those back in my single days when I didn't have time for a whole pot in the morning. My only concern is whether the water from the tap in the room will be hot enough. Anyone know?

Edited to add that I found this at Yahoo! shopping for $12.99 for those of you like me who will only have one coffee drinker along.

Black & Decker DCM18 Brew 'N Go Coffee Maker with Travel Mug
http://store.yahoo.com/buyitnow64/bldedcbrngoc.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter