A bit stressed. Leaving for Disney in 2 days!

bcbmommy

DIS Veteran
I just booked our vacation about a week and 1/2 ago, and I feel a little unprepared....especially when I read about people planning for up to a year. I'm still learning, and it feels really overwhelming at times.
So far, this is what I know about our vacation: We're staying at the Beach Club, arriving in the afternoon of March 1 and leaving the morning of March 8. We purchased the Dining plan, but I haven't made any ADR's as of yet. I called last night and tried, but the lady I was speaking with wasn't very helpful, so I just decided to call back later and try with someone else. Hopefully I'll get ahold of a helpful person when I call back today. I'm going to try and schedule a character meal, and hopefully a couple of nicer type restaurants. Was about to make reservations at California Grill for a late supper on March 1, but didn't realize that it takes 2 TS credits. Of course, Le Cellier wasn't available, but I may try last night when we get there to see if there was a cancellation. Does that take 2 TS credits as well?

Also, we haven't purchased the park hoppers, but I haven't ruled it out either. I just don't want to spend money on something that we won't use. My plan is to visit the park that has the EMH each day. For example, our first day the Magic Kingdom has EMH in the evenings, so we'll go there. Do you all think this is a good way to plan?

Can you think of anything that we absolutely MUST do before we leave? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

:yay: Sometimes the best trips are the ones that you do on the spur of the moment! I can tell you from experience that the trips we did on a whim were better than the ones we planned for months!!! :banana: :dance3:

That maybe the one drawback to last minute booking, not being able to get the dinning ressies you want!!:sad2: As for Le Cellier we have tried to book it for two vacations now but have not been successful.:eek: I do agree that sometimes you get a CM that is not very helpful and saying you were going to call back is definitely what I always do. Nine times out of ten you get a more helpful and cheerier person! ;)

If your plan is to stay in that one EE park all day and just that one, than you won't need the park hopper. But if for any reason you may want to split your day between parks than the hopper may be a good idea!:yay:

Just take your time, breath and pack!! Oh yeah HAVE FUN!!!!::cheer2:

Some bad news you should know is that parts of Stormalong Bay, the sand-bottom pool at the Yacht/Beach Club will be close for refurbishment while you are there. But, there are quiet pools at the resort that will be open, and parts of the pool will be open.
As far as ADR's, you may not get very much of what you want. But, definitely try, and you can also call the morning of to see if there have been any cancellations. I believe LeCellier only takes 1 credit, but we don't use the meal plan, so I can't say for sure.
The best advice is to relax. Things always seem to work out in the end. Just have fun packing and have a great trip!

How exciting! You will have a great time, it will all work out. I'd recommend ressies at less known places that are still really good. I'm just back after 11 days...we liked Ohana which is a big restaurant and might be able to acommodate you and Restaurant Marrakesh which is a lesser known restaurant at Epcot's Morocco (it was delicious!). I've heard The Wave at the Contemporary is really good and it's supposed to be less crowded. You might also try Spoodles on the Boardwalk--it's good and might be considered off the beaten path. I made and changed ADRs for months and I found that some CMs were more accomodating than others. With some I got a simple, "No, that's not available" and with others, they would check to see what else might be available in the time slot I'd requested. Keep trying!

We had park hoppers, but didn't use them until the end of our stay...I'd really consider not getting them again. We found that it took another hour to move from one park to another and it was tiring! **I'm not sure if this would work...but you might want to get a 10 day pass for 7 days--that way you can just use another ticket if you want to go to another park (and it's about $5 a day for days 9 and 10)--you might check with AAA to see if that's doable and they do have discounts.

**I'm not sure if this would work...but you might want to get a 10 day pass for 7 days--that way you can just use another ticket if you want to go to another park (and it's about $5 a day for days 9 and 10)--you might check with AAA to see if that's doable and they do have discounts.

I don't believe this is possible. If you don't buy a park hopper pass, you can only get into one park per day, per ticket. You can't use an extra day off your ticket for use at another park in the same day. So, unfortunately, this won't be an option for you.

I agree about The Wave restaurant and Spoodles. I think they have both had pretty good reviews and they are a little less known, so you might have a little better luck with those. Also, as an alternative to LeCellier, if you are looking for a good steak, you might try Yachtsman Steak House. It is expensive, but they have wonderful food, and it is in the same hotel complex that you are staying in.

Have fun!

11.gif

:welcome:

to the boards!!!

Man talk about rushing it!!! For me part of my enjoyment is the planning part of our trip!!! Have fun and please post a TR!!!

HI.

I'll confirm what someone else has told you: the only way to see 2 parks in one day is to either a) make one of them a water park (but that costs extra) or b) get parkhoppers. If you try to go from the MK to Epcot without parkhoppers, you won't be able to do it.

IF you don't have kids and can roll with the punches, you may be able to get whatever ADRs are available on a day by day basis. Try for some offbeat times-- a mid afternoon late lunch type of thing. Of course, if you do have kids, you may need to pretty much see what's available and take it, to ensure the best use of those table service credits.

LeCellier is only one table service credit-- I hope you can get it, it was delightful!! If not, earmark it for your next trip and try somewhere else.

Have a wonderful trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!