A bit of a sensitive question...

cocofan

Earning My Ears
My husband is a bit pooh-sized and is concerned that he won't fit on all of the rides. He thinks that since Europe doesn't have the weight problem that the US has, the rides are smaller. We've been to both Disneyland and World, and he fit alright on most of the rides; some of them were slightly uncomfortable. He was able to ride FOP, but it was a bit of a tighter fit. Does anyone know how the size of the rides at DLP compare to DW?

He really loves BTMR and would be really bummed if he can't fit on Paris' version. We want to be prepared if that is the case. Thanks for any help.

Don't worry about asking these things, only then you will be well prepared. The weight problem is different in Europe than it is in the US, but obesity is also a problem here.

Here some older threads that can help, I think only Space Mountain has changed their seats since these threads, but most of the experiences should still be able to give you some guidance.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/dlp-pooh-sized-plus-size-guests.3750081/https://www.disboards.com/threads/pooh-sized-disneyland-paris-question.3607511/

I also fit FOP rather “snugly” (both height and width) and am able ride everything at DLP, so he shouldn’t have a problem!

I also fit FOP rather “snugly” (both height and width) and am able ride everything at DLP, so he shouldn’t have a problem!
Thanks for your reassurance! He'll appreciate it! I think we were most concerned about Crush's Coaster as that is an unknown for us.

I visited DLP in October with my husband and I wish I thought to ask this before our visit. He rode everything with me except Crush’s Coaster. The safety restraint would not latch and he waited while I rode it. Unfortunately there is not a seat to test before waiting in line and it is a consistently long line.

He really loves BTMR and would be really bummed if he can't fit on Paris' version. We want to be prepared if that is the case. Thanks for any help.

I'm a big lad and was fine on Big Thunder. Crush's Coaster and RC Racer were an issue for me. (I've never gone to ride RnR or Indiana Jones, but I believe I've tried every other ride)

DH and I are both fluffy and we were able to fit on everything at DLP, including Crush's Coaster without any issues. I don't remember any that we even had to squeeze on. I think Hyperspace Mountain was roomier than WDW Space with the restraints more like RnR at Hollywood Studios. Thunder in Paris was my favorite version with the tunnel and island!! I hope he is able to enjoy it all!

Most of the ride vehicles are designed to be roughly the same sizes in the US parks as they are in Paris, so I don't think there should be too much of an issue. The only one I'd think there can be problems with is Crush's Coaster, but even then that does depend a lot on where you carry your weight. My DW is larger round her belly and finds Crush a tough fit (it's a T-shaped lap bar), whereas I'm larger round my chest, and so seem to fit okay on that ride but have had problems with shoulder restraints on other coasters elsewhere.

The rides with the most issues are Crush Coaster and RC Racer. Crush Coaster use an individual ratcheting lap bar that is not friendly for those with long legs or large tummy. I'd suggest crossing your legs and when sitting down, give your bar a big push. For RC Racer, the regular seat is very tight, but they modified one row to give a little more space.

RC Racer regular seat with the seatbelt fully extended.

img_20190516_113759.jpg

The cars on Crush are similar to this one. The bar has to go down quite deep to be cleared.

imag0543.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter