A Birthday Trip Once Upon a Dream - an April 2015 TR Updated 8/24

Missyrose

DIS Veteran
It’s time for another trip report from Missy and Franklin! This one has plenty of Disney firsts to keep the fun going, starting with the biggies: My first birthday trip and our very first Disney cruise!

But we’re getting ahead of ourselves, let’s start with our own introductions first (for those who may not know us, or anyone who just plain forgot who we are).

DSC_9101-L.jpg

That’s me. I’m Missy, the 33-year-old Disney-aholic. To fund my Disney habit, I work as an editor in the sports department of a newspaper in Washington D.C. I love all things sports, pop culture and, of course, The Mouse. My favorite Disney character is Minnie Mouse. My favorite Walt Disney World ride is Big Thunder Mountain. And my favorite Disney snack? Casey’s corndog nuggets.

Oh, and I have fallen madly and deeply in love with the new gardens at Magic Kingdom.

DSC_1067-L.jpg

My partner in crime (and my loving husband!) is Franklin. He is also 33 and works for an architecture firm to pay the Disney bills. His passions are cars (both the lower-cased cars and the movie “Cars”) and photography. Guido from “Cars” is his favorite Disney character. And he could ride Expedition Everest all day, if given the chance.

Now that you know the who, let’s give you the rest of the trip data:

When: April 21-May 2

Where: Bay Lake Tower, the Disney Dream and Boardwalk Villas

DSC_9322-L.jpg

DSC_3707-L.jpg

DSC02331-L.jpg

Why: Because it was time for me to celebrate my big day with Mickey, and sail the high seas with him.

And like all of my previous trip reports, I’ll make you this promise: You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, but mainly, you’ll wish you were in Orlando RIGHT NOW!

I'm in. I love your trip reports and looking forward to another one!

Looks good already! I'm hoping to stay at BLT next year so I look forward to hearing how you liked it.

Joining in! Happy (belated) Birthday!! Can't wait to hear about your trip. I'm staying at BW for the first time this November.

Following!

I may also go stalk your other reports :P We stayed at BLT on my last trip and it was fabulous! Boardwalk is up next, so I'll be interested in that :) Plus, a Disney Cruise!! Definitely on my to-do list in a few years :D

Yeah! A birthday trip has started! I really find CMs that are either not informed or just don't try to be very annoying. I think Disney could do a better job with the training and make some of these issues go away.

But in the end happy it got resolved!!

I can tell ya'll know how to LIVE! I am in! I am also from the D.C. area. I can't wait to see how my magic your experience.

Yeah! A birthday trip has started! I really find CMs that are either not informed or just don't try to be very annoying. I think Disney could do a better job with the training and make some of these issues go away.

But in the end happy it got resolved!!

Welcome aboard! And I totally agree on the training, it should be so simple!

Looking forward to another one of your reviews.

Thank you! This is going to be a fun story to share with all of you!

I can tell ya'll know how to LIVE! I am in! I am also from the D.C. area. I can't wait to see how my magic your experience.

Hi neighbor! Glad you joined in!

Hi - I am the person who rudely came up to you at Jambo, interrupted your conversation, introduced myself and then ran away - it was an impulse move and I was trying to catch a bus.
Just surprised I saw you and for some reason felt I needed to say hi. When I told my husband what happened he asked, You know these people? I said, No, well kind of, yes, sure I do. I read all their trip reports.
Luckily my husband wasn't with me or he would have picked your husband's brain with a thousand photography questions. We are always amazed at his pictures.
I guess now you have a face to put with the comments. Looking forward to your trip report.

Those photos are gorgeous and now i am even more excited about staying at BLT. Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

Love your report so far! Your pictures are stunning.

Thank you!

I'm in. Love your luggage

We needed an extra suitcase for all the fish extender gifts for the cruise. And when I went online to find one suitcase, I ended up buying the whole princess set! I love them so much!

Hi - I am the person who rudely came up to you at Jambo, interrupted your conversation, introduced myself and then ran away - it was an impulse move and I was trying to catch a bus.
Just surprised I saw you and for some reason felt I needed to say hi. When I told my husband what happened he asked, You know these people? I said, No, well kind of, yes, sure I do. I read all their trip reports.
Luckily my husband wasn't with me or he would have picked your husband's brain with a thousand photography questions. We are always amazed at his pictures.
I guess now you have a face to put with the comments. Looking forward to your trip report.

I'm so glad you said hi, I love meeting fellow Disboarders! Did you have a good trip @Splashboat?

Those photos are gorgeous and now i am even more excited about staying at BLT. Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

You will love BLT, it's such a beautiful resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter