A 2023 NYE plan

Beezle2

Hi-Yah!
We own at SSR and I am going to book at 11 months for 12/29, 30, 31. My ultimate goal is to have the 30th booked at BLT and the 31st at any of the Epcot resorts. Would I be better off booking each night individually at SSR to start off? I have never done any mods like that before and if you have, can you share your success and strategy. We are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and I hope I can make it work. I will be on it at exactly the 7 month mark.

We own at SSR and I am going to book at 11 months for 12/29, 30, 31. My ultimate goal is to have the 30th booked at BLT and the 31st at any of the Epcot resorts. Would I be better off booking each night individually at SSR to start off? I have never done any mods like that before and if you have, can you share your success and strategy. We are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and I hope I can make it work. I will be on it at exactly the 7 month mark.
Yes, book your nights individually at SSR. Then you can use the modify feature to change the reservation to your desired resort. If you are unsuccessful, waitlist. You can ask MS to merge the SSR reservations into one continuous reservation (whenever you have to give up on waitlists).

Are you planning to book a studio? If so, know that your chances of getting those reservations are not very good. Those dates are arguably the most popular times of the year, you are trying for near-park resorts and you are booking at 7 months. Most of the studios for those nights at near-park resorts book as soon as the 11 month window opens and will have owners on the waitlist.

If your plan is very important to you, consider renting points for BLT & BWV and arranging the booking to happen at 11 months. You could rent your SSR points to help pay for the rental.

Sorry to be negative. Hope it all works out for you.

Last edited:
Yes, book your nights individually at SSR. Then you can use the modify feature to change the reservation to your desired resort. If you are unsuccessful, waitlist. You can ask MS to merge the SSR reservations into one continuous reservation (whenever you have to give up on waitlists).

Are you planning to book a studio? If so, know that your chances of getting those reservations are not very good. Those dates are arguably the most popular times of the year, you are trying for near-park resorts and you are booking at 7 months. Most of the studios for those nights at near-park resorts book as soon as the 11 month window opens and will have owners on the waitlist.

If your plan is very important to you, consider renting points for BLT & BWV and arranging the booking to happen at 11 months. You could rent your SSR points to help pay for the rental.

Sorry to be negative. Hope it all works out for you.
Thank you so much :) You weren't negative at all, just realistic! I do understand what I am up against and will just be hoping! Either way I will be at Disney for NYE and our 30th..the buses back after the event is SUCH a bummer though.

Last edited by a moderator:
And to add further emphasis to the above suggestion to instead attempt to rent points if you want Dec 30 or 31 at an MK or Epcot so it can be reserved at 11-months out, be aware that for Dec 30 and 31, 2021 and 2022, nothing was available at any Epcot or MK resort at 8 a.m. eastern at exactly 7-months out. There was not even the issue of it being shown as available just before 8 a.m. and then disappearing instantly at 8 a.m., i.e., those dates at the MK and Epcot resorts were gone well before 7-months out. In fact, even every room category at OKW (except 1BRs), and SSR treehouses, GVs,and standard view studios and 2BRs (both lock-off and dedicated) were gone before 7-months out.

Last edited:

And to add further emphasis to the above suggestion to instead attempt to rent points if you want Dec 30 or 31 at an MK or Epcot so it can be reserved at 11-months out, be aware that for Dec 30 and 31, 2021 and 2022, nothing was available at any Epcot or MK resort at 8 a.m. eastern at exactly 7-months out. There was not even the issue of it being shown as available just before 8 a.m. and then disappearing instantly at 8 a.m., i.e., those dates at the MK and Epcot resorts were gone well before 7-months out. In fact, even every room category at OKW (except 1BRs), and SSR treehouses, GVs,and standard view studios and 2BRs (both lock-off and dedicated) were gone before 7-months out.
How do I do that on the rent trade..we can't ask for a certain day to be reserved can we?

One should review the rules applicable in the rent/trade board on this site before attempting to use them. My understanding is that someone seeking to get a rental or transfer of points needs to reply to a particular poster who is offering points for rent or transfer and make the request. It appears that many who actually make such requests instead send a private message to the renter's email and then post on the site a reply in that renter's post that simply says PE sent (private email sent)

I got a 1bedroom lake view at BLT for NYE this year at 7 months out. There was nothing at 8am, but about 15 minutes later it appeared. That said, seeing what was available initially, I feel very lucky to have gotten it.

A different suggestion if you have the resources or Marriott points. Make a reservation at the Swan or Dolphin now that can be cancelled up until about the week before. If something opens up at an EPCOT or MK DVC you can cancel the reservation there. I stayed at the Swan Reserve for NYE this past year and it was great for the EPCOT access. I had used Marriott points so I also got an upgrade using suite night benefits. The rooms are expensive but still often cheaper than the Disney resorts (although not if renting points, but I think point rentals often require multiple days).

If you want to rent points you should contact a rental company ASAP and let them know your dates. The 11 month window is a week away at this point. After that availability at BCV or BWV might be more difficult.

I wouldn't do agency. Try to find a private party. Agencies are backed up with requests for Epcot resorts and the owners aren't going to destroy themselves at 8AM for that booking.

If you don't get it, keep checking, esp right at 32-31 days when someone might canx and you could pick up a single night.

I decided to get a private party reservation for BLT for the 30th and RR for the 31st. They have 11 month access and since we really want to have what we want for our 30th it seems to be the best advice.

Just a quick update to thank you all for your input. I was able to get my plans in order by using a private party points rental to secure the 30th and 31st at my desired resorts. I used my points at the 11 month mark at my home resort for the days prior to those days and now have a lovely 5 day vacation secured for our 30th.

Would I be better off booking each night individually at SSR to start off?
Yes, book each night individually with a different name so they don't link/merge them, then modify with wait list. Good luck and happy anniversary!

Edited: congrats on your reservations! BLT and RIV are two of our home resorts so ... enjoy! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter