9am for Stingray Port Adventure on Castaway Cay?

wishuponastar1984

Mouseketeer
I am only able to book a 9am slot for the Stingray encounter during our December cruise. This seems really early. Would you still do it if this was the only time available? The guest ashore time is 8:30am. It seems like we may be really rushed being the first. Thought?

Unless you are typically late risers, I don’t think you’ll be rushed. Cabanas will open for breakfast way before 830, and you’ll have a half hour to get from the ship to the stingray lagoon area, which is only about a 10 minute walk, less if you ride the tram shuttle. The nice thing about being first, the stingrays will absolutely be hungry!

Doing an early Stingray adventure means that the least amount of sand has been kicked up and the stingrays are most social.

I think the only disadvantages would be (1) if the ship gets in to CC late due to weather/rough seas, your time slot might get cancelled, and (2) the first hour on the beach is usually the least crowded so it might be harder to get a good lounger after your excursion. But if I were you I would I book it and then go to the port adventures desk on board on your first day and see if they can move you, since they may hold back some spots for booking on the ship, or have last-minute cancellations.

we did this excursion in feb 2018 and really enjoyed it. You won't be rushed because they don't start right away, they space them well enough that they are not packing them in. Everyone kind of showed up and I believe they gave out equipment and we did stand around for a little bit - we had a little information and explanation session on land first and then got in with the stingrays. I don't think you have to show up breathless to a 9am time but I'd definitely be one of the first off the boat. I can't imagine it would take a half hour to get anywhere on CC, I don't even think it took that long to get to the adult beach from the boat? it was nice, I'd do it at 9am if that was all that was available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter