90 Day Exemption Waiver-timing for Dr letter

KatieKepic

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know how soon after you test positive, you can get the clear for travel letter from your dr? I tested positive on 6/24 and was hoping to be able to get the letter tomorrow (7/1) since we leave 7/2. I wasn't sure if safe passage would accept that or if it needs to be 10 days from the date of the positive test? I took another test and am now negative and symptom free. I tried searching but could only find the timing of the positive result from the test date and nothing on the date of the letter.

The positive test needs to be at least 11 days prior to embarkation. I don't think there is a date requirement for the letter. It may depend on the healthcare professional you see -- some have reported getting a letter online within a couple of days even though they still had symptoms, others have PCPs who won't write the letter until all symptoms have cleared. If you are negative and no symptoms, no reason not to get the letter today or tomorrow.

The positive test needs to be at least 11 days prior to embarkation. I don't think there is a date requirement for the letter. It may depend on the healthcare professional you see -- some have reported getting a letter online within a couple of days even though they still had symptoms, others have PCPs who won't write the letter until all symptoms have cleared. If you are negative and no symptoms, no reason not to get the letter today or tomorrow.
Perfect, thank you! We don't sail until the 10th so the positive was 16 days prior to sail date. I was just hoping I could get the letter from my dr rather then having to do a telehealth one while traveling.

I asked Inspire by email what the date of the recovery letter needed to be and they said any date at least 5 days out from positive Covid result.

I asked Inspire by email what the date of the recovery letter needed to be and they said any date at least 5 days out from positive Covid result.

Attachments

• A661C9C5-5FA1-44FF-A852-557BB8975874.jpeg
    A661C9C5-5FA1-44FF-A852-557BB8975874.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 11
My son tested positive on May 31. I got the letter today from an urgent care. It was simple. I'm not sure whether I'll get a bill or not. They took my insurance card and I paid the 30.00 co-pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter