9 night Alaksa

Slow seller would be my guess, or maybe the 5 night that immediately follows was the slow seller. Next year already sees 4 Alaskan cruises in June and July with Canadian discount offers so my (selfishly optimistic) guess is that they aren't selling well in general.

Slow seller would be my guess, or maybe the 5 night that immediately follows was the slow seller. Next year already sees 4 Alaskan cruises in June and July with Canadian discount offers so my (selfishly optimistic) guess is that they aren't selling well in general.
Definitely not a slow seller. This year's cruise was practically sold out. My guess would be a scheduling thing. I feel very fortunate to have been on 2 9 night Alaskan cruises!

We did the 9 night Alaska this summer and honestly I felt it was a couple days too long. Had a great time of course, but I think I would have been just as happy doing the 7 night. I would like to see DCL do a few one way itineraries so you could add some time on land in Alaska before or after the cruise.

I would love to do the 9 night Alaska if offered in 2021. 7 nights was great but I would really love to go to Hubbard Glacier. But, I would much rather go back to Skagway than go to Sitka, and I don't have any interest in Icy Straight Point, so I hope they can rearrange the itinerary. I could also see sailing with Princess to go to Glacier Bay.

I would love to do the 9 night Alaska if offered in 2021. 7 nights was great but I would really love to go to Hubbard Glacier. But, I would much rather go back to Skagway than go to Sitka, and I don't have any interest in Icy Straight Point, so I hope they can rearrange the itinerary. I could also see sailing with Princess to go to Glacier Bay.
I'm with you on Icy Strait, that was a new port for us and I didn't see much reason to go back (other than to try the zip line). I like Sitka, but it was better when the ships used to tender right into town. The dock they use there now is a long ways out of town. You can get to Hubbard on a 7 day round trip itinerary on other lines, we've done it on HAL. Glacier Bay is very nice, but Hubbard is more spectacular IMHO.

Alaska gives permits to cruise lines to visit specific ports. Holland America and Princess get first choice since they have sailed there the longest. Other cruise lines are either granted or not granted permission.

we're hoping for 9 night alaska for 2021 as well..7 nights is a good starter, 11 night southern carib was great for me (but too long for my sister) so we're hoping 9 is a happy medium. come on 9 nighter Alaska!!
upcoming 5 night MDAS in feb 2020 is will be a quick getaway IMO

I would love to go to Sitka. Honestly I really don't care what the extra stops are. I just want the extra two nights on the ship with the beautiful scenery.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter