8:05 CP Breakfast

pjpoppins

DIS Veteran
So if we have a 8:05 ressie at Crystal Palace on a 9a MK day. My question is, how early would they let us through the gates? If we get there about 7:45 do you think they'd let us in? Though we like CP, we booked 8:05 so we could walk down the nearly empty Main St. and get a few pics. I don't want to get in the gate at 8, walk directly to CP and then not get out of breakfast til after 9. thanks

Gosh, for some reason, I am thinking that they don't open the gates until 8AM, but it might be 7:45. We've had an 8:05 reservation twice and have had to wait outside the gates for them to open the gate at a certain time. I don't remember exactly what time it was, but we had time for pictures of an empty main street both with Photopass and without. And we got to CP with enough time for the first seating. Maybe it was 7:45. I think we got there at MK 7:30 both times - buses took less time than we thought! Just be early to catch your bus and you should have no problem with getting pictures!

It's usually pretty close to 8 when they let you in. It's relatively empty compared to normal but it's a few hundred people lined up at the gates for the various early breakfasts, tours, BBB, etc. You get nice pics but rarely totally free of other people.

So if we have a 8:05 ressie at Crystal Palace on a 9a MK day. My question is, how early would they let us through the gates? If we get there about 7:45 do you think they'd let us in? Though we like CP, we booked 8:05 so we could walk down the nearly empty Main St. and get a few pics. I don't want to get in the gate at 8, walk directly to CP and then not get out of breakfast til after 9. thanks

We had an 8am reservation at BBB back in May and they let us in at 7:45am, so I'm sure it will work the same for you.

It shouldn't be a problem based on my experience on our trip earlier this year. We had an ADR before the park opened and we didn't even have to go through a special entrance like we did at Epcot for Akershus.

It shouldn't be a problem based on my experience on our trip earlier this year. We had an ADR before the park opened and we didn't even have to go through a special entrance like we did at Epcot for Akershus.
Really? if so .that good

Every time we've had an 8:05 at CP they've started letting people in that had ADR's at 8:00.

Every time we've had an 8:05 at CP they've started letting people in that had ADR's at 8:00.

This has been our experience as well. We love making early morning ADRs for breakfast, especially the time of year we go (we go during the off seasons) therefore the parks always feel empty to us :goodvibes

I think it depends on the time of year as well. In the busy summer months, we have had to go to a special "character breakfast" turnstyle and then wait, just past the turnstyles to be let into the park (right by the "tunnel" that leads you onto Main Street) It is usually around 7:55 am or so that they release you. In the quieter times, we have gone right through and straight into the park (again, usually around 7:55am).

Be forewarned, if you do have an 8:05am and 25 other families manage to get to CP before you and check in, you may not be seated at 8:05 am. If getting out for rope drop is critical for you, then pay your check as soon as you are seated and be prepared to walk out before seeing all the characters. We are about 50/50 on 8:05am ADRs and actually seeing everyone and still making it out by 8:50 am (give or take). It honestly depends on where you are seated in the restaurant in relation to the character rotation.

Good luck!

Just wanted to put our experiences out there. We've done the CP 8:05am ADR on at least three trips and each time we were let in at different times. I do specifically remember when we were let in at 7:45am one time (this was the earliest) I overheard a CM question why the other CM had opened the gates implying it was too soon. It's never been as late as 7:55am for us and as I look back at the pictures I took on Main Street and the clocks, it's usually around 7:50ish. Sounds silly over the 5 min differences, doesn't it? :rotfl2: I seriously get it though! ;)

We've always had plenty of time to walk up to the castle and take several pictures along the way and then go to the CP to check in. We've also been seated at 8:05am every time so it's always worked out.

This recent June trip was the first time that the breakfast ADR's were to the left - all other trips it was to the right side near will call. We've never gone in through any secret entrance either - just the front gate.

I wanted to mention one last thing in case it matters. This most recent trip in June was also the first time there was not a single Photopass photographer out and I was really disappointed. We've had such great pictures with the non-existent crowds in the past, they've always been the best Christmas pictures! :banana: We didn't get that opportunity this time around so just an FYI.

Enjoy,
Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter