7 Days of Dining with the DDP

Great review! That strawberry soup sounds divine! Is 1900 PF open for all meals or just breakfast and dinner?

Looking forward to more!!!

Great so far! Can't wait to read more.

We loved that strawberry soup at 1900PF too. So yummy!
But the highlight of that meal was the KISS that DS5 got from Cinderella. He still blushes bright read when we watch the video. He has a huge crush!!! :love:

How cute! What a special memory.

Great reviews and pictures! Can't wait for more!:thumbsup2

Thanks for reading and I'm glad you are enjoying the report:goodvibes

Great review! That strawberry soup sounds divine! Is 1900 PF open for all meals or just breakfast and dinner?

Looking forward to more!!!

The soup is divine! I'm hoping to find a recipe for it so I can try and make it at home. 1900 PF is only open for breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland themed with Winnie the Pooh thrown in once and a while and dinner is of course Cinderella themed.

On July 2nd we had an 8pm dinner ressie at Mama Melrose at MGM. I planned it so late as we were planning on going to the second showing of Fantasmic at 10:30.

We arrived at the restaurant at 7:40 and they let us check in early and asked us to wait in the lobby. This restaurant does not give you a buzzer so you have to stay in the restaurant or you may miss it when they call you to be seated. The waiting area is rather small and was very crowded when we were there. Luckily a family of four who had been sitting on the bar stools got seated soon after we arrived so we were able to snag their seats. We waited about 15 minutes to be seated.

We were lead to the middle of the restaurant towards the back. I liked being seated here as we did not have people constantly passing our table while arriving or leaving.

Our waiter for the evening was Cy and he was very quick and efficent always making sure that our drinks were filled and that we were happy with our meals. Alek and Erich liked him so much that they asked to get their picture taken with him.
Melrose011.jpg

For appetizers Alek and Erich ordered the Artisan Breads and Spreads. For the most part they enjoyed their appetizers. They each liked different breads and different spreads but overall they liked it. It was a lot for just one person and mom and I ended up sharing with them.
Mamas002.jpg

Mom ordered the Calamari which she thought was very good and I had the Caesar Salad which was also good.
Mamas001.jpg

Next up were the entrees. I ordered the Four Cheese Flatbread which was only ok, Mom ordered the Grilled Chicken Flatbread which she also only found ok. We think it was probably the sauce that we did not care for. Alek ordered the Chicken Parmesan and Erich ordered the steak. Both Alek and Erich enjoyed their entrees and said that they were very good.
Mamas006.jpg

Mamas005.jpg

Mamas004.jpg

Mamas003.jpg

Next up desserts, the best part of any meal! I had the Hazelnut Cheesecake which was very yummy, Mom had the Tiramisu which she said she enjoyed and Alek and Erich had chocolate gelato which they said just tasted like regular chocolate ice cream but was still good.
Mamas008.jpg

Mamas009.jpg

Mamas007.jpg

Overall we were happy with the meal and would eat here again I would probably something other than the flatbread next time. Even though it was not bad I am sure that they have better things to offer and so I will try something different in the future.

When we walked out of the restaurant around 9:20 we noted that the park seemed deserted. There was nobody around. It was a very strange and eerie feeling. We tool advantage though and snapped some pictures and walked right into Muppet Vision where there was only 4 or 5 other people.

Here are some pictures of us in the empty park. The pictures are kinda dark but you get the idea:)
MGM022.jpg

MGM023.jpg

MGM024.jpg

Of course once we got closer to Fantasmic we found all the people, they were either watching the show or waiting in line for the next show. So if you ever want to explore an empty MGM with ni lines go on a night when there are two showings of Fantasmic!

Well today was July 3rd and we were spending the morning at Typhoon Lagoon so I made lunch ressies at Planet Hollywood as it was right across the street and my brother really wanted to eat there.

We showed up at 1:30 for our 2pm reservation and were seated immediately. The restaurant was not too full but one thing I noted was that the tables are all very close together so I would suggest requesting a booth at busier times of the day.

The restaurant is very well themed and we enjoyed looking around at the different displays.

We ordered the VIP Platter to share as an appetizer. This came with Chicken Strips, Buffalo wings, chips and spinach dip. It was a lot of food. Unfortunately no picture. We all enjoyed the platter, I especially liked the wings.

Alek and I ordered the Ribeye Steak which was very good. The steak came with a side of fries and veggies which included green beans and carrots.
Hollywood001.jpg

Erich ordered a plain cheeseburger with fries. He reports that the burger was very good and nice and juicy.
Hollywood002.jpg

Mom ordered the Grilled Tuscan Chicken sandwich she reports as being mediocre.

Next came desserts!

I had the strawberry cheesecake which of course was delish!
Hollywood003.jpg

Alek ordered the Banana Split which was also very good.

Erich ordered the Brownie Sundae which was very good and was also enormous!
Hollywood004.jpg

And mom ordered the Key Lime pie which she enjoyed.

Overall we were happy with our lunch at Planet Hollywood. I had read many bad reviews complaining of bad service and mediocre food. I expect that many of the complaints are from people who go at peak times and a long wait I don't think is that bad as there is so much to take in and look at. I thought that the service was great when we were there. Our waitress was very friendly and efficient. As for the food it was good but not exceptional but then again you don't go to Planet Hollywood for outstanding food you go there for the atmosphere. So if you enjoy movie history and movie props and are not too picky about your food then I would say give Planet Hollywood a try and going at the off hours would certainly help if you do not care to spend a lot of time at the restaurant.

We opted to view the special holiday fireworks on the 3rd instead of the 4th in hopes of somewhat avoiding the crowds. We staked out an awesome spot at a table right on the edge of the water at the Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station. We had two hours until the fireworks so mom sent us off to get our dinner and when we got back she would get hers. We went to Cosmic Ray's as it was the closest counter service to where we were. We all ordered the Double Bacon Cheeseburgers with fries and brownies for dessert. The drinks they gave us were overflowing. We were not too impressed with that. Not to mention they piled all of our food onto one tray. It was very heavy and very difficult to carry. We stopped to grab a bunch of staws and napkins to wipe our drink cups down with but our hands still got very sticky from those cups. We carried our tray of food back over to the terrace where mom was waiting. She then went up to the Tomorrowland Terrace Noddle Station to get her dinner.

The burgers and fries were good and the brownies were not that great. I would not go out of my way to eat here again but if you are there and you are hungry if will do. Mom said that her dinner was also passable. Not sure exactly what she ordered. Sorry:guilty:

The fireworks were great and I am glad we had the spot we did as we had a clear view of the castle with nobody standing in front of us and we had comfortable chairs to sit in. I highly recommend this spot for fireworks viewing:goodvibes

Up next is Pizzafari at the Animal Kingdom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter