Earning My Ears
- Apr 5, 2019
Pearl Harbor tour we did by renting a car. Tickets for the Arizona can be reserved the day before on the website if it is open by then.Our family will be at Aulani for 6 nights in early August. Based on the DVC site and lack of room availability it looks like it will be crowded as heck. I want to make sure i make the necessary reservations and/or understand the processes/hacks for making it memorable for family. Can use some guidance please --
Here are our details:
Again, your thoughts are appreciated.
- 6 of us: 2 adults and 4 kids, ages (6,8, 9 and 15).
- We will have spent 7 days on the Big Island prior to visiting Aulani
- We have a 2 bdrm island view
- I've reserved a pool cabana for 2 days, one on a weekday and one on a Sunday. I'd like to pare to 1 day.
- I want to make sure to schedule a Pearl Harbor Tour (any hacks?)
- Explore the Stars, Fire Pit Story telling are of interest. What else? Do i make reservations months in advance or at resort?
- Luau, i'm less excited about following a less than impressive Polynesian Resort experience.
For a luau just walk next door to Paradise Cove! Also if you want a good meal close walk across the street to Monkeypod.
If you want character dining the dinner is much better than the breakfast, but offered less days of the week.
If you have a car Kualoa Ranch is also fun for movie tours and beautiful scenery. There’s a macadamia nut farm across the road from the ranch as well and several of the famous driftwood beach swings along the road for family pics.