5K Blog for Big Girls

thx, just saw

glad your injury healed too...yeah, i'm nervous about the resting too long - and not restarting, but i think having races in the fall will help push me again

I hit Disney next week, so i'll be walking there, but that's all i'll do

YAY! :yay: HAVE FUN IN DISNEY!

I did a walkathon this past weekend and have another 5K on Saturday...I also hit my 10% (finally! :banana:) at Weight Watchers! Feeling Good Girls! If I EVER get down to 250 I'll be super happy!!!

YAY! I also hit my 10% (finally! :banana:) at Weight Watchers! Feeling Good Girls! If I EVER get down to 250 I'll be super happy!!!

:thumbsup2 :cheer2: :woohoo:

great news!!! and you'll get there :)

Also congrats on the walkathon and good luck with your 5k

YAY! :yay: HAVE FUN IN DISNEY!

I did a walkathon this past weekend and have another 5K on Saturday...I also hit my 10% (finally! :banana:) at Weight Watchers! Feeling Good Girls! If I EVER get down to 250 I'll be super happy!!!

Congrats!!! :yay:

Good luck on your 5K! Where in NC are you? I am in Raleigh-Durham.

I was super excited today... my 5K time at lunch was 36:39. I started at more like 50+ back in Jan. Both were on the treadmill and I have heard calibrations can be a bit off, but I will take it anyhow! :laughing:

Congrats!!! :yay:

Good luck on your 5K! Where in NC are you? I am in Raleigh-Durham.

I was super excited today... my 5K time at lunch was 36:39. I started at more like 50+ back in Jan. Both were on the treadmill and I have heard calibrations can be a bit off, but I will take it anyhow! :laughing:

Thanks! I'm in Charlotte and am trying the Summer Breeze 5K on Saturday! I came in just under an hour on my first race...I'm hope to cut my time by at least a minute! :lmao:

OMG!!! You guys are so AMAZING!!!

I'm so glad I found this thread!

I'm pooh-sized (5ft tall & 230lbs wide) and have decided to do the Princess 1/2 in 2011. You have made me feel like I CAN DO IT!! Thank you so much!

I'm starting my "training" today by going to get my new shoes. My podiatrist recommended a running store here in Orlando that fits the shoes to your feet (issues, etc) by doing the filming of you walking, so am looking forward to this. I went through this about 7 years ago (shoe shopping) in MD but can't find those shoes at all.

I have the Marathon for Mortals book, so hope to start reading that this weekend.

Thanks! I'm in Charlotte and am trying the Summer Breeze 5K on Saturday! I came in just under an hour on my first race...I'm hope to cut my time by at least a minute! :lmao:

How did you do??

mishoe01, WELCOME!! Of course you can do it! I was 220 when I started training for the Princess 2010, and that was in January. :eek:

I would recommend starting by walking. It will get your body used to it.

I use the Galloway method, which is a run/walk program. I started at a walk 8 min, run 1 min, and am now (6 mos later) able to do run 3/walk 1.

Let us know how it goes!

I'v just found this thread and think it is fantastic! I'm a "fluffy" girl and have a 5k on the books for August 28th and September 11th and then my 1st 1/2 marathon for November 7th.

Glad to have found this thread! I'm a " big chubby grammy" per my three year old grandaughter and for some reason (?) am interested in doing the 5K for the Princess in February. Am planning to google couch potato to 5K to see if it a planned program. Are there any others you might recommend. Thanks! Grammy

What an amazing thread! Well done all of you, i'm really chuffed to have found it :cool1:

Am going to have a good read of your blogs over the coming days. I've changed the focus of my blog seeing i've suddenly developed this completely irrational but very intent desire to start fast walking and then jogging/running as my weight comes down.

Looking forward to sharing on this thread :banana:

Came over to the WISH board to try to find some inspiration for dieting. Glad I found this thread. I keep saying I am going to do the c25k and decided I would start today. I downloaded a podcast that plays music and tells you when to walk and run.

I'm going to look over the blogs posted in this thread. I need people to help motivate me.

Hey Miz Diz, can you tell us about this podcast, its sounds like something i'd like to try.

Am also really looking for motivation :goodvibes

Hi ladies, I've been terrified of stepping back into WISH to look around. I've started and stopped so many times so I'm ready to recommit again and I was looking for advice about C25K and I find this thread! I think I have found my new home! lol Anyway I've been undergoing a lifestyle change myself and have lost 8 pounds so far. I've got a long long way to go though.

I do have a blog too on 3FC. Here's the url:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/geauxgirl/

Came over to the WISH board to try to find some inspiration for dieting. Glad I found this thread. I keep saying I am going to do the c25k and decided I would start today. I downloaded a podcast that plays music and tells you when to walk and run.

I'm going to look over the blogs posted in this thread. I need people to help motivate me.

I've been looking for a podcast-type thing too. Please share what you have found! I think that would be really helpful. :thumbsup2

Hi ladies, I've been terrified of stepping back into WISH to look around. I've started and stopped so many times so I'm ready to recommit again and I was looking for advice about C25K and I find this thread! I think I have found my new home! lol Anyway I've been undergoing a lifestyle change myself and have lost 8 pounds so far. I've got a long long way to go though.

I do have a blog too on 3FC. Here's the url:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/geauxgirl/

YAY! Welcome and Good luck! I am down almost 40...stopped C25K for a little while because I've been having problems with my foot, and now I'm addicted to Zumba! I haven't written on my blog for a while...it seems like there are more of you here then there so I will try to keep this thread going! :thumbsup2

Hey Miz Diz, can you tell us about this podcast, its sounds like something i'd like to try.

Am also really looking for motivation :goodvibes

I've been looking for a podcast-type thing too. Please share what you have found! I think that would be really helpful. :thumbsup2

Ok Ladies...here's what I found when I first started the program...Running Into Shape is a great website for inspiring women of size to do things like this. Her Podcasts are pretty cool as they tell you when to start and stop running. The music is ok too.

http://runningintoshape.com/5k-training-downloads/

YAY! Welcome and Good luck! I am down almost 40...stopped C25K for a little while because I've been having problems with my foot, and now I'm addicted to Zumba! I haven't written on my blog for a while...it seems like there are more of you here then there so I will try to keep this thread going! :thumbsup2

Ok Ladies...here's what I found when I first started the program...Running Into Shape is a great website for inspiring women of size to do things like this. Her Podcasts are pretty cool as they tell you when to start and stop running. The music is ok too.

WOOT! Thanks for posting that link and for the encouragement! Going to check that link out now!

That's brilliant, thanks so much, will try downloading that! Our new treadmill arrives on Saturday, i'm so excited :goodvibes I never thought the day would come when i'd be excited over a treadmill :lmao:

Desiree: Hi ya, i'm totally with you on the David Tennant/Doctor Who thing, he was the best!!!

That's brilliant, thanks so much, will try downloading that! Our new treadmill arrives on Saturday, i'm so excited :goodvibes I never thought the day would come when i'd be excited over a treadmill :lmao:

Desiree: Hi ya, i'm totally with you on the David Tennant/Doctor Who thing, he was the best!!!

LOL I know what you mean about being excited over a treadmill. I'm anxious for DH to get home so we can go running shoe shopping! :woohoo:

Yea, I'm still in mourning over DT's departure. I still haven't warmed to the new guy. Oh well. I'll still watch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter