50th Anniversary suggestions

MARDUN

Mouseketeer
My wife and I will celebrate our 50th anniversary in Oct 2022. Our honeymoon in 1972 was at Disneyland and have been a Disney couple since. Vow renewal seems expensive, but would consider. We will probably have a group of 12 to 20 family show up. Open to any ideas. Never really organized a group event at WDW.

Where would you have your anniversary dinner? Which Disney resort should we stay at? Any tips on saving money for are group ?
Thanks in advance.

One of the biggest expenses in your budget you can usually make changes in: food.
Eat at home and look into your daily Starbucks coffee etc.

If you are a Disney couple you must have place that has meaning to you as a couple. That is where you should go for dinner. I can say Tusker House, but if you love Victoria & Alberts then my suggestion doesn't help you :)

This is your event, it should all start with your preferences.

Last edited:
One of the biggest expanses in your budget you can usually make changes in: food.
Eat at home and look into your daily Starbucks coffee etc.

If you are a Disney couple you must have place that have meaning to you as a couple. That is where you should go for dinner. I can say Tusker House, but if you love Victoria & Alberts then my suggestion doesn't help you :)

This is your event, it should all start with your preferences.
Thanks for the sage advice. I

I can tell you where not to have dinner....Narcoossee's. We were just there for our 20th wedding anniversary (we also got married at WDW) and ate there. I do not recommend. Also, the $145 custom cake I ordered from the GF was not good. The outside of the cake...beautiful. Inside, dense/hard sponge and filling. For dinner perhaps The California Grill (depends if they're still doing the 50th Anniversary pre-fix dinner thing), but even so, if that interests you and can watch the fireworks...I think that's very nice. I've always had a good meal at the Boathouse. Steakhouse 71 looks interesting in the Contemporary. I've eaten at Steakhouse 33 at Disneyland and it was good. I've heard the restaurant in the Four Seasons is amazing. Accommodations: I like Wilderness Lodge. If you're doing at vow renewal at Disney, they offer your guests a discount at hotels (not all). At least they did to my guests when we got married there. I picked 2 hotels and those were the ones that they gave the discount to.

I can report back in December. My spouse and I are celebrating our 50th at WDW then. Our six kids and 21 grandkids are flying down with us for the celebration.

We (our oldest daughter) has been working with a dedicated event planner at WDW for details, and she reports the event planner has been great.

The highlight will be our anniversary dinner held in an event room at the top of the Contemporary. We will have a visit and photo session with Mickey and Minnie.

We REALLY appreciate all the "50th" signage WDW has erected in our behalf! :)

We had planned my parents' 50th at Disneyland Sept 2020. When that was canceled, we rescheduled it to WDW, Jan 2022. We're 79 days away!! We're having their anniversary lunch at Paddlefish. We're a group of 23, and any thing over than 12 or 15 at WDW is considered an event and the expense is crazy. I think it was a minimum of $5000? At Paddlefish, we get the space, which includes a dining room and outdoor deck area, for 3 hours and the minimum is $1500.

We had planned my parents' 50th at Disneyland Sept 2020. When that was canceled, we rescheduled it to WDW, Jan 2022. We're 79 days away!! We're having their anniversary lunch at Paddlefish. We're a group of 23, and any thing over than 12 or 15 at WDW is considered an event and the expense is crazy. I think it was a minimum of $5000? At Paddlefish, we get the space, which includes a dining room and outdoor deck area, for 3 hours and the minimum is $1500.
Thank you let us know how your celebration goes. We will definitely consider the Paddlefish. Not sure yet how many others will be there so far 12 and counting.

I can tell you where not to have dinner....Narcoossee's. We were just there for our 20th wedding anniversary (we also got married at WDW) and ate there. I do not recommend. Also, the $145 custom cake I ordered from the GF was not good. The outside of the cake...beautiful. Inside, dense/hard sponge and filling. For dinner perhaps The California Grill (depends if they're still doing the 50th Anniversary pre-fix dinner thing), but even so, if that interests you and can watch the fireworks...I think that's very nice. I've always had a good meal at the Boathouse. Steakhouse 71 looks interesting in the Contemporary. I've eaten at Steakhouse 33 at Disneyland and it was good. I've heard the restaurant in the Four Seasons is amazing. Accommodations: I like Wilderness Lodge. If you're doing at vow renewal at Disney, they offer your guests a discount at hotels (not all). At least they did to my guests when we got married there. I picked 2 hotels and those were the ones that they gave the discount to.
Thank you for the advice. We are still considering the vow renewal but the costs are high. Our home resort is BWV so we have booked there but we could change once we are on the 7 month window. Like Wilderness relaxing atmosphere.

Thank you for the advice. We are still considering the vow renewal but the costs are high. Our home resort is BWV so we have booked there but we could change once we are on the 7 month window. Like Wilderness relaxing atmosphere.
I was just thinking the other day about the weddings and vow renewals at WDW. The thread traffic has been minimal. I know they're probably not up and running like they used to, though when I was there is October I saw 2 weddings going on. One in Epcot,, the other in GF. I can't imagine what the costs are now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter