50's prime time cafe, fun/good!

lillady718

Earning My Ears
We had priority seating at 50's prime time cafe this past week for lunch one day. I really didn't know how the food would be, just wanted to be sure to have somewhere to eat, while the soap opera thing was nearing....

Atmosphere was so fun. The waiter was hilarious. Made us set the table, kept after us to keep our elbows off the table, say please and thank you.

Everyone around us, in our little "nook" came in after us.......but received their food BEFORE us.....we were so hungry.....kept looking longingly around....finally ours came (I had the pot roast/potatoes - good)

Well toward the end, here comes our waiter with a HUGE pile of ice cream, syrups, whipped cream, candies, brownies, popcorn etc. (massive "piled high sundae") He said, "I know it took longer for your food- so here's something for being patient! "

It looked weird - but tasted great, and was PLENTY for 3 of us to share (too much really-we were stuffed)

Thanks for the report. I think we're going to try this (for the first time) on our next trip. It sounds like fun. :yo-yo:

Glad you had a great meal!

This is our favorite place to eat, can't wait to go back!

Teresa

We went for dinner there for the first time this past Aug. We had a really good time. MY sons loved the place. Both my 18 and 13 year old thanked us for taking them there.

Don't know if he still works there, but I would highly suggest COUSIN CHRIS, if he does, he is right out of a Jerry Lewis/Dean Martin movie as Jerry Lewis.

he is awesome and blew away the other three waiters/watiress' we've had before

hulabaloo

Gosh I'm not sure, Hulabaloo----but I think it was him.

He called my son "Skippy" another boy in the same nook, "Scooter" , and a little girl "Princess" , he was funny! :hyper:

Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the repot. :D

Thanks for the report, we too are eating here for the first time soon.
We're looking forward to it ::yes::

Cousin Chris just made our visit there incredibly awsome 2 yrs. ago. When we went back in August, we asked to be seated at his table if possible. Wouldn't you know it...his day off. Our server, Aunt somebody, wasn't nearly as much fun. In fact, I've had more interactive servers at 'regular' restaurants! And she was so slow, she made us almost miss Fantasmic!!! But, my pot roast was pretty wonderful.

That sounds like a lot of fun. Is there a childrens menu? My dd's only like a few things and the menu I saw didn't seem to have children friendly foods. They really like mac and cheese and chicken. Anyone know???

We really enjoyed the PTC so much the 1st time I got a 2nd ps while we were there.

Got a PS for our 1st night in Orlando. Had Sara (who has a bun in the oven) who was good. We didn't have to set the table but she did remind us to keep our elbows off the tables & to use our manners. She had all of our cousins greet us.

Ordered the for pt roast for dh, chx for me, Chx strips for the kids. The kids were more interested in my chx than their food.

The 2nd trip we didn't order any kids meals. The girls were quite content to have my roasted chx.

The veggies were good & they even brought out a b'day cupcake for DH who was celebrating his b'day while in MGM.

{Edited as my dd2 was having a "teething attack" ... you know just has to scream until the motrin takes effect}

yep, that sounds like Christ to me! I remember him calling kids skippy. He truly is World Class at his job! I believe I tipped him 25% (which I never do), 20% if your good, 15% if your bad. And if you are really bad, I mean confrontational nada.

Thanks
Hulabaloo

Thanks for the report. I just made my ressie for Chef Mickeys for our first night, and I will be calling in a few more days to make my first time ever ressie at Prime Time. It sounds like a lot of fun:tongue:

Another thing about Chris the waiter I thought was cute, was he made the kids at the other table take 2 more bites from their food before he would take it away and get their ice cream. It was kinda cute, cause the parents had been pleading with the kids to "please eat some more" and they wouldn't. But when he came in and made a big production of them not cleaning their plates and that they had to take 2 more bites or NO DESSERT, they did it quite willingly! ha :)

On our 2001 trip we had Cousin Mickey and I have to say he made our trip......a real HOOT, but this time we had Manny and he left a lot to be disired. The food was good but it just wasn't the same which was a real shame because the friends we had with us I wanted them to experience the same good time we had before. I had asked for Cousin Mickey again, but I was told it could be over a hr wait even with our PS's. Trust me we should have waited.

Thanks for the wonderful review. We will be eating here next month, so glad to read good things about 50's primetime cafe. We last ate here about 4 years ago so it will be nice to try it again, there will be 6 adults in our party.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
:D Thank you for this report My DD and I will be there in less than 2 weeks.:hyper: We can'y wait. We went to this place 11 years ago and it was great then.
Again Thank you,

Faith:wave:

Can I ask, do you need reservations? That day ressies, or advance? If so any chance of walk ins? If advance when is the soonest you should make them?

50's PT is my favorite WDW restaurant. I love the food, atmosphere, servers, oh and did I mention the FOOD?;) :D

The pot roast is to die for!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter