• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 year anniversary - how to celebrate at WDW

SerpentQueenClaire

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

My husband and I travelled from the UK to get married at the GF in 2011. We are flying back to Orlando later this year to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary.
Does anyone have any suggestions of special things we could do which won't cost the earth?! Perhaps special dining, a small DP or fireworks viewing etc...
Thanks for your help x

Victoria and Alberts is great! I've done it twice with my husband and it was an amazing time! Enjoy your anniversary!!

We were also married in Disney. We did a Disney cruise for our 5 year anniversary with 8 friends that were in our bridal party.

Before the cruise we did a Wishes cruise that was wonderful.

I have a suggestion for a memory to bring home. Give years gift is wood. We bought a beautiful wooden 8 x 10 picture frame with all the characters on it and had it engraved with our names, dates and "Celebrating 5 magical Years" and out a picture in it. My favorite souvenir we have ever brought home.

Speaking of wood Arribas brothers also makes a personalized photo album out of wood if you want to be able to display more than one photo from your anniversary trip. They are available both from the Arribas Brothers store on Main Street but also from the DisneyStore.com site. My sister bought one in person to celebrate her son's first time and I bought one online for our wedding/honeymoon trip. They are identical in quality. HTH

Yes, the albums are beautiful. I made a collage with about 10 pictures into an 8 x 10 picture si I was able to display more then 1 picture. My frame is also from Arribas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 3

Speaking of wood Arribas brothers also makes a personalized photo album out of wood if you want to be able to display more than one photo from your anniversary trip. They are available both from the Arribas Brothers store on Main Street but also from the DisneyStore.com site. My sister bought one in person to celebrate her son's first time and I bought one online for our wedding/honeymoon trip. They are identical in quality. HTH
Are Arribas set up in Disney Springs at all?? I see the toasting glass can be ordered on the disneystore website but I would rather get them in person and wondered if they are only on main street or if they had a shop in Disney Spring?

We also brought one of our 8 x 10 framed wedding pictures with us and pained a wooden #5 for 5 years. We took a picture of us holding our wedding

Picture to the same place where the photo was taken and took a picture of us holding the picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 3
They do have a shop in Disney Springs. They have the frames and toasting glasses there. I believe they also have a small shop in Epcot in Germany. I have seen the glasses there. Not sure about the wooden frames.

They do have a shop in Disney Springs. They have the frames and toasting glasses there. I believe they also have a small shop in Epcot in Germany. I have seen the glasses there. Not sure about the wooden frames.
Thank you! I thought they did but I started to doubt myself :D Such great ideas with the frames and frame holding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter