5 day passes upgraded to 7 ?

elismom

A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes
DS and I have 5 day park hoppers ,years ago if I remember right if you had days left on your card you could up grade to the next level
So if we each have 1 day, before we leave disney can we add on 2 more?
How much does this cost?

If it doesn't, go to www.wdwig.com , click on planning, click on tickets...all the info you need is there!!
UPGRADING WDW TICKETS

Important options for you to consider before upgrading:

It may now be more advantageous for you to use up your leftover park days on old tickets rather than using them towards an upgrade. The reason is the increases in gate prices that Disney has done. Keep in mind that all upgrades are charged at current gate prices.

Example: You have two left over park days from a 7 day PHP ticket you purchased in February 2001 for $325.44. That made your cost per day $46.49 (cost divided by 7). You want to exchange the two remaining days to a new 7 day PHP which now costs $350.40 or $50.05 per day. Disney will give you a credit of $92.98 for your old ticket but will charge you the full $50.05 per day for the new ticket. So you are actually going to pay $7.12 more to use the two days you already had! And if you are upgrading four of these for your family, you are looking at paying an extra $28.28 to Disney for the privilege of using the old days on the tickets. This dollar figure will be higher if you purchased the old ticket prior to 2001. The older it is, the less financially advantageous it will be to you to upgrade them.

A second scenario to consider comes when you want to upgrade your old PHP's to Annual Passes (AP's). The upgrade will be handled the same way as above but with two important differences. First, the unused plus options carry no dollar value towards the upgrade. Second, any unused plus options will be lost when upgrading to an AP. Now this may not sound like a bad thing since you'll be getting an AP for a whole year's admissions but what should give you pause to think is that turning in two, three or four unused plus options means that you will have to now pay $33.00 for each water park admission you do. That alone could mean you'd be paying another $66, $99, or $132 for water park admissions during the year that you gave away for free when you upgraded the original ticket.

So weigh your options carefully before deciding to upgrade. It can save you more than you may think.

How does WDW credit my old passes towards new ones?

Walt Disney World credits are based on what you *paid* for the ticket that you are exchanging. Example: If you have an unused one-day ticket that you paid $20 for then your credit will be $20 towards your ticket purchase.

For multiple days, the credit is based on the number of days of the ticket, the number of unused days and the total original cost of the ticket (though it has never been completely verified it is close to the actual formula of unused days divided by number of days times original cost.) Example: You have a 5 day Park Hopper pass you paid $200 for when you bought it. You have two unused days left on it. You would get a credit of 2/5 of the original purchase price. In this case, it would be $80. Note that Disney does not apply any dollar value to unused Plus options on Park Hopper Plus passes. Only unused major park admissions carry a cash value when upgrading.

Disney handles credits on new passes slightly differently. If you do the upgrade within the first 7 days of the first use of the ticket (or prior to the close of business on the last major park admission day you have if that comes prior to 7 days), then Disney will credit you for the entire purchase price of your ticket (see note below regarding tickets purchased from non-Disney sources) towards the new one. You would only be charged the difference in the two prices. If you were upgrading to an AP/PAP, your expiration date will be back dated to the first day you used the original pass.

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you purchased your tickets from a non-Disney source (i.e. independent ticket broker, etc), you will NOT get full credit for the price you paid when you upgrade. Disney sells these tickets at a discounted wholesale price and the companies add in an amount for their profit before selling them to the public. Disney will only give you credit for the wholesale price that they sold the ticket to the company. They WILL NOT credit you for any profit or shipping and handling charges that those companies added onto the price.

Applying the credit from old passes can only be done at a Guest Relations location at one of the major parks or at either of the two Guest Relations offices at Downtown Disney or at Guest Services at your resort.

Can I use my old unused ticket to pay for a new ticket?

Yes. As discussed above, as long as your ticket is still valid, you may upgrade the unused portion at any time.

I have several old passes with unused days on them. Can I apply all of them to a new pass?

You may only apply one old pass per new pass you are purchasing.

I bought my unused PHP from the Disney Store. Can I take it back there now and exchange it for a 7 day PHP or an AP?

No you can't. Disney Stores have no way to scan the magnetic strip information to see what actually remains on the ticket. You will be able to do this upgrade but it can only be done in person at a WDW Guest Relations location.

It worked!! Hope this helps!!:sunny:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter