5 day hopper to dvc ap

Sheree

DIS Veteran
brain freeze

I bought dh a 5 day dated hopper for October
he wants an ap

I bought from UT and have the hard ticket

am i better off upgrading to the ap at the end of our 5 days or before we use it?

going to MNSSHP one night

As long as there are no blackout dates during your trip it makes no difference, the start date of your AP will be the first day you use your ticket.

If there are blackout dates during your trip you want to wait until the end of your trip, that way you can still get in the parks during those days 😁

I’d do it whenever it was convenient. Before or during probably since then he’ll have the discounts to access if he needs them.

I also think you need to wait until the end of the trip if you plan to use the hopper for water parks. DVC gold pass doesn't include them (although other ap levels do I think).

I also think you need to wait until the end of the trip if you plan to use the hopper for water parks. DVC gold pass doesn't include them (although other ap levels do I think).

Regular hoppers don’t include the water parks. If it has the water park option though and any of those were used then they could only upgrade to the Platinum Plus AP that includes the water parks. Gold AP would no longer be an option.

I usually do it at the beginning of the trip. That way you can take advantage of any discounts and confirm you photopass pics are showing.

I was also going to say beginning to make sure you have access to the photo pass photos and get AP discounts. Sometimes places only take AP, not DVC for discounts. It is hard to keep track of them all!

thank you everyone
I hae an AP already so we're covered for discounts! I just didn't know which way we were better off ala bridging

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter