• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5 at POFQ

bamadisney

Mouseketeer
My family of four has already booked POFQ. Now a family that is good friends of ours is thinking of going with us to WDW. We of course want them to stay where we are staying. However, they have three small children. The oldest being 7 and the youngest being 2. So they have a family of five. I read where you cannot stay if you have a family of five at POFQ. Is that true? Has anyone ever stayed in ONE room there with five people? Thanks.

My family of four has already booked POFQ. Now a family that is good friends of ours is thinking of going with us to WDW. We of course want them to stay where we are staying. However, they have three small children. The oldest being 7 and the youngest being 2. So they have a family of five. I read where you cannot stay if you have a family of five at POFQ. Is that true? Has anyone ever stayed in ONE room there with five people? Thanks.

It's not possible at POFQ - oh wait, I see that the youngest is 2... then it should be possible. All of the resorts are available for 5, provided one of them is still under 3. They can bring their own or request a play yard from the front desk. Once the child turns 3, then they would not be able to stay at POFQ - but they would be able to stay at POR in the Alligator Bayou section.

to my understanding if the youngest (2 year old) stays in a portable crib (playpen) they will be able to stay at the resort... If they are not looking to book that way then they wont be able to book for 5... POR Aligator bayou section holds 5 w/ a trundle bed... its POFQ sister resort and they are right next to each other if it becomes a problem! :)

Hope it all works out for u!

Agree with PP, should be OK with 5th under 3, you can call to confirm. If not, be aware that while PO Riverside is "right next door" that actually means a 10-20 minute walk, depending on the room, or a short bus ride. The rooms at POR have a trundle bed that is not available at POFQ.

SkierPete

We've stayed at POFQ with our 3 kids before. They were 2.5, 4.5, and 6.5 yrs old at the time. Apparently kids under 3 aren't important enough to count. :laughing:

We've stayed at POFQ with our 3 kids before. They were 2.5, 4.5, and 6.5 yrs old at the time. Apparently kids under 3 aren't important enough to count. :laughing:

But they don't need a ticket either and can still ride some rides! :thumbsup2

Thanks SO much for all the replies. I will pass this along to my friends. YEAH....they will get to stay at POFQ with us after all.:cheer2:

If they don't want their youngest in a pack and play, would they consider staying at POR in a trundle room? They'll still be nearby, but the room accomodates 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter