5/24/24, PVB association license amendment (5/30/24 updated to Approved)…confirmed adding tower weeks

I think the theory that CFW were originally slated to be part of Reflections and then got spun off when Reflections got tabled is a very plausible one. Since a lot of the site prep has supposedly been completed already it seems to me to be the most likely of them all. Apparently you can see the cleared area from Cali Grill and if you know where to look taking the boat over to WL. On May 9th Disney filed for a 5 year extension with the Water MGT District and they had already gotten an extenstion for their Short Take-Off and Landing (STOLport) Site where staging/materials management would likely occur.

Personally though, I would be most excited about an Adventureland/Internal Theme Park hotel. Can you imagine an up close fireworks show from a balcony there? I would die. I don't even want to consider what it would cost, but I would pay it. Take my money.

Regarding Yacht Club - are you just talking about converting it to DVC? Or building another hotel adjacent?

So, when they answered the question, "Will the new Poly tower be part of the existing or a new association?" with
"Our plans right now are for the new tower to be part of the existing Polynesian Resort.", they meant it and the plans which were months old and likely past the point of no return, from a legal preparation perspective without impact the project timeline did not change. huh

I think the theory that CFW were originally slated to be part of Reflections and then got spun off when Reflections got tabled is a very plausible one. Since a lot of the site prep has supposedly been completed already it seems to me to be the most likely of them all. Apparently you can see the cleared area from Cali Grill and if you know where to look taking the boat over to WL. On May 9th Disney filed for a 5 year extension with the Water MGT District and they had already gotten an extenstion for their Short Take-Off and Landing (STOLport) Site where staging/materials management would likely occur.

Personally though, I would be most excited about an Adventureland/Internal Theme Park hotel. Can you imagine an up close fireworks show from a balcony there? I would die. I don't even want to consider what it would cost, but I would pay it. Take my money.

Regarding Yacht Club - are you just talking about converting it to DVC? Or building another hotel adjacent?
Wouldn’t be great for resale value of my BCV, but “Spinnaker Tower [shaped like a sail, naturally] at Yacht Club” sure has a nice ring to it.

Having a resort tower that touches Adventureland would be magical (but also kryptonite for my VGF points, and probably not great for the folks at PVB either…)

I agree with the poster who said that Reflections probably is going to be prioritized in light of the permit filings and terrible CFW sales.

agree with the poster who said that Reflections probably is going to be prioritized in light of the permit filings and terrible CFW sales.
So they fix a bad idea in CFW with Reflections Mark 2 in the same association? Hmmm.

I’ve heard of new land classifications near Adventure land and there has been the balloon tests for site lines in the past. Some are saying it’s for a Moana attraction but I’m not so sure. A hotel in that space would print money and it fits in with the idea of an in park hotel.

As a RIV direct owner I really hope they consider changing the restrictions on resale for RIV and VDH. More so for being able to buy a resale RIV contract that I can use at RIV to supplement points but also to give some freedom if RIV is booked for a last minute trip.
As a non-Riv owner, I agree with this 100%. While these restrictions may boost direct sales in the short term, it will absolutely hurt the DVC brand in the long term.

Mark me down for 500.. I'll just have my kids play rock paper scissors when they're old enough and the winner gets to go to college, pretty sure they'll understand

But also anyone does anyone else think Yacht Club or Reflections could be next? CFW needs SOMETHING over there to make it appealing unless DVC really plans to just rent those cabins as cash stays forever basically which is an actual possibility
I’d be shocked if they went after yacht club since they have a lot of space there for conventions. Just doesn’t seem like the right mix for expanding DVC.

As a non-Riv owner, I agree with this 100%. While these restrictions may boost direct sales in the short term, it will absolutely hurt the DVC brand in the long term.
I agree that it makes DVC less attractive for resale long term—but I also think Disney is telling us they don’t care if resale keeps dropping long term if it means they can use the distinction between direct and resale benefits to collect heavy premiums for direct. You can get RIV resale under $125/pt, but people are buying direct over $170/pt because RIV resale is a terrible product unless you are sure you’ll love RIV for the life of the contract and you can always plan your DVC point vacations more than 7m in advance.

Putting punitive limits on resale saves DVC the trouble of using ROFR to prop up direct prices.

Last edited:
He still runs a Polynesian Facebook group. Y’all could ask if he still thinks a YC conversion is in the offing.
I would never (ever) cast doubt on the accuracy of Tikiman’s intel on DVC, but we’re going back like a decade now, right? It would be baffling to me if DVC plans are actually locked in that far in advance…and I would assume those plans to convert Yacht Club assumed that RIV was sold out before they announced it, but I doubt anybody put that in writing one way or the other.

but I also think Disney is telling us they don’t care if resale keeps dropping long term if it means they can use the distinction between direct and resale benefits
While I was surprised that both of the VGF and PVB add-on’s were expansions and not new offerings, I agree with this statement. Right now they have leverage to the buyer “sure you go by Riviera and save tens of thousands on the resale market but you can only stay at Riviera. With Poly and Grand Floridian they simply used rofr to temporarily inflate the resale floor so their direct price per point would be more inline with resale and easier sales pitch. Either way, I’m still excited to see how this new expansion goes in both terms of sales and bookings. Poly with over 4mil vs VGF with 2.5 mil (before the expansion) total points is certain to create some pressure on 1/2BR inventory once those rooms are added to inventory so am
closely watching 👀

Why are they adding tower rooms? Glad it is part of the original association- but I do miss the luau that was there. Also there is going to be a huge increase in monorail traffic and just traffic in general.

I would never (ever) cast doubt on the accuracy of Tikiman’s intel on DVC, but we’re going back like a decade now, right? It would be baffling to me if DVC plans are actually locked in that far in advance…and I would assume those plans to convert Yacht Club assumed that RIV was sold out before they announced it, but I doubt anybody put that in writing one way or the other.

Absolutely, DVC plans years in advance. Big businesses call this strategic planning.

It takes years to get through all the different stages from Imagineering, DPEP, executive team, architectural partners, contractors, RCID, Southern Florida Water Management District, etc.

Poly Tower goes back all the way 2012/2013 or so before Phase 1 opened.

It's just a matter of which project gets priority and funding.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 1.39.41 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 1.39.41 AM.png
    831.3 KB · Views: 24

facebook twitter