5 1/2 - 6 weeks pregnant....

Congratulations!!!!

We went to WDW when I was about 10 weeks preggo with my first ds. I had no clue I was pregnant so I rode everything that we normally rode and that meant going back and forth between ToT and RnR, over and over. I also had a few beers with our ESPN meal. A couple of weeks after getting back I found out I was pregnant and I'll admit that I freaked :eek: . I spoke with my OB and she assured me that everything was fine. She said that the baby is so well protected, insulated, and tiny that if I would have miscarried that it wouldn't have been because of a ride. I know that I probably would have blamed myself and when I was early in my pregnancy with our second I didn't ride ToT or RnR. I did still ride the Safari, even rode it later in my pregnancy, but that was because some of the roads under construction at home aren't that much better than the Safari 'roads'. ;)

Talk with your doctor and do what you are comfortable with. If you don't want to ride some of the rides I do think I'd either tell your sister or use the bad back excuse. But if you use the bad back excuse will she get her feelings hurt if/when she finds out that you are and didn't tell her immediately?

Good luck on a healthy pregnancy!

I think the main reason pregnant women are not supposed to ride the rides is due to problems getting the restraints in the proper place. It probably would not be a big deal - after women have car wrecks and still have healthy babies.

But why risk it?? A 60 second thrill ride would not be worth ANYTHING that might happen. I vote against riding.

Good luck and congrats on the baby.

I missed my first TRIMESTER of pregnancy (infertility, so had given up) and did the stuff you aren't supposed to (we didn't go to WDW, and I don't smoke, but I cleaned the catbox and ate rare steak and drank and didn't take pre-natal vitamins) - and gave birth to a lovely little girl who is now in second grade.

It is likely, being a first time mom, that if anything goes wrong you will find someway to blame yourself (takes until they are around four before you stop blaming yourself for EVERYTHING) - so you probably should take it easy - and you'll want to fess up - she'll be able to count once you are ready to announce. Its also likely that anything that goes wrong would have anyway - early pregnancies are not stable and if they end it usually doesn't have ANYTHING to do with what you did, but most women will always wonder. Up to you if you want to risk it.

Well I am also one that would generally caution you to not go on anything with a warning. That said, I tested with my last baby, it was negative. Left for a DL vacation, rode everything (TOT, Mountains, etc) with a clear conscience. Come home, still nothing so I test again and it's positive. I was scared to death and he's fine, turns 2 in November.

I guess what we're all saying is, it's in how you feel. Most likely the baby would be fine no matter what you ride, because just like me, most people may not have even tested yet since you aren't even a week late. But since you did, you have to do what you think is best. Good luck, and there's still lots to do, but I understand about it not being as fun for your sister!!

Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter