400 or 500

gmflanigan

Mouseketeer
We have reservations for November. We've stayed in 500 and liked it. Convenient for the bus but we were backed up to the road. I saw 400 is also premium pet. Any difference?

There is very little difference between these two loops. They are adjacent to each other, and share a comfort station.

The 500 loop is closer to the dog park, and bus stop. The 400 loop is closer to the Settlement and Marina.

As far as backing up to a road is concerned, I think that you have more of a chance of that happening on the 400 loop than you do on the 500 loop.

Here's a screen capture of Shan-man's Google Earth Map (I believe Shan-man said it was OK to use screen cap's):

400.jpg

The path that you see at the top left of the photo is the path to the Settlement Trading Post/Pioneer Hall. The roadway to the right of that is the entrance to the 100 and 200 loops. As you can see, because the 400 loop is on a corner, a lot of sites on this loop back up to a road.

The 400 loop is also smaller and tighter than the 500 loop, and my subjective opinion is that there are more sites closer together in the 400 loop than in the 500 loop.

TCD

Oh sure TCD, screen captures are fine now! I was just wanting to keep a lid on them back before I released the maps publicly! Use it up LOL

:santa:

There is very little difference between these two loops. They are adjacent to each other, and share a comfort station.

The 500 loop is closer to the dog park, and bus stop. The 400 loop is closer to the Settlement and Marina.

As far as backing up to a road is concerned, I think that you have more of a chance of that happening on the 400 loop than you do on the 500 loop.

Here's a screen capture of Shan-man's Google Earth Map (I believe Shan-man said it was OK to use screen cap's):

400.jpg

The path that you see at the top left of the photo is the path to the Settlement Trading Post/Pioneer Hall. The roadway to the right of that is the entrance to the 100 and 200 loops. As you can see, because the 400 loop is on a corner, a lot of sites on this loop back up to a road.

The 400 loop is also smaller and tighter than the 500 loop, and my subjective opinion is that there are more sites closer together in the 400 loop than in the 500 loop.

TCD

Thanks. We looked at his map last night. I am new at the Google Earth stuff so wanted to be sure what I saw was right. DH and I both thought 500 looked more spread out. Thanks TCD and a BIG THANKS to Shan for taking the time to creating and sharing:yay::yay:

we stayed in 400 loop this trip. Sites are really packed in. Backing up to road was no problem. We didn't really hear any noise. The sites all seem to sit on very strange angles and when it rains, it floods all around. We stayed in 500 before the conversion and really like it, but i'm sure the new sites are tighter than the old preferred. Both were an easy walk to settlement which we really enjoyed instead of waiting on a bus to take us there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts