• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

40% or Free Dining

Sxofus

Mouseketeer
What's the better deal?

Sorry, but I don't have the brain power right now to figure it out.

Six nights at Fort Wilderness Cabins. (8/24 thru 8/30)

Two adults and four children (7,6,3,3)

Thanks a lot.

I would say the 40% off would be a better deal. Kids counter service meals are pretty cheap and the 40% off is better when you are staying in one of the higher end resorts. We stayed in the cabins one year and it was wonderful!!

Free dining is $38x2 + $40 for the four kids=$116 per night. How much are you saving on the cabin -about $100. Free dining would be better for you. Yet again, you have to consider - would you have eaten a sitdown meal every day if you were not doing the dining plan. If not, you have to figure out how much extra the free dining plan would be for you with all the extra gratuities for those extra "free" meals.

I'm struggling with my own choice - 40% off at the Beach Club Villas during August or staying CHEAP (aka - Pop) with Free Dining in September. There are so many factors that I just can't make up my mind.

Missing school vs. missing free dining.
Staying deluxe & eating cheap (via utilizing the kitchen in the villa) vs. staying cheap & eating deluxe (via the free dining promo).

:confused3

Also, keep in mind that a lot of people have made their ADRs. I thought about changing my reservation from October to September to take advantage of free dining. I have a 40% the room rate for October. While free dining would have saved me some money, all of the places I want to eat at were completely booked for the times I wanted. The earliest reservations were at 8 pm and one place was completely booked for the night I wanted. I decided I was better off keeping my existing reservation.

:scared1:
:goodvibes robinb made a great comparison chart that you can use to see if discount vs free dining is best for your situations:

http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYW Dining/2008FDDPConpare.htm

Click on the 40 per cent tab at the bottom of the page, and look at the charts for # of adults/ number of children to help you decide :cutie:

GOOD GRIEF!! Where was this link when I needed it yesterday!!:headache:

I sat here at my computer ALL DAY with a calculator, checking the menus, making the kids pick what they "would" order if we ate at this restaurant and that one......first the counter service ones, then the table service -- just to add the numbers up!!

We'll be staying at the cabins at FW and we'll count as 4 adults and 1 child....I have a son with severe food allergies so it's non-negotiable to stay somewhere without a kitchen to prepare all of his foods (yes, I know they can accommodate for some food allergies at WDW restaurants, but we've experienced cross-contamination too many times at non-WDW and don't want to chance it). We are praying that we'll get to add the free dining to our already existing ressie. Unfortunately, I can't call until Thursday.:scared:

I really need to get off of these free dining threads.......I am SOOO overstressed right now....:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter