40% or 4/3 deal

Mermaid2sea

DIS Veteran
I have seen this thread but I've been unable to locate it with a search.

We currently have a reservation at the Pop for 2 weeks with 40% off. 8/7-8/21.

Are we better off sticking with the 40% discount or shud we go for 4/3 deal? we still have tickets left over from previous trips...

If you already have tickets I'd imagine the 40% off would be a better deal.

The 4/3 deal works out to 42% off. At Pop the 2% difference is next to nothing and with the 4/3 you need to at least get 1 day base tickets for everyone.

Plus, the 4/3 deal only gives that discount for an 8 day trip. If you are going for 14 days and all 14 are 40% off that is a MUCH better deal than the 4/3.

Ok I thought the 4/3 was up to 10 days and I thought you had to purchase 4 day base passes in order to get your free 3 days

Ok I thought the 4/3 was up to 10 days and I thought you had to purchase 4 day base passes in order to get your free 3 days

you can book up to 10 days, but you only get 3 nights free (you pay for 6) which brings the discount % down (to 33 % off in this case).

Cinder...thank you, I was hoping it was not only 8 days. I actually want to stay for 14nights. But to make 2 differernt reservations you have to order the 4 day passes twice.

Cinder...thank you, I was hoping it was not only 8 days. I actually want to stay for 14nights. But to make 2 differernt reservations you have to order the 4 day passes twice.

(Though I'm not Cinder, I'll chime in anyway) :) Even in this case (2 4/3 rez) are not good either. You will have to pay for a min. of two 1day base tickets, which is a LOT more that extending your 7 days to 14 days - Which at that level, you are better off getting an AP.

Do the math, but if you are going for 14 days, you're much better off using 40%, and getting 14 days of tickets (will you really need all that?). Or instead get a 1 day base ticket (if you want to get dining) and apply that amount to an AP.

OK - here's some math... Assuming $100 per night for the room (I know it varies but as an example) and 1 adult ticket (base)

TWO 4/3 deal - 4 nights @100 + 4 days ticket @ $219 = $1238
14 nights @ 100 less 40% + 10 days ticket @ 237 = $1077
14 nights @ 100 less 40% + AP @ 469 = $1309

I put 10 days tickets cause I don't think you can buy more than that...

My .02...

So, if the 4/3 deal is going to end on 8/15, is anybody willing to speculate when free dining will begin? :confused3

Su A ve

Please jump in full steam ahead...the more the merrier!!!!:cool1:

So this is the thing....I have NEVER rec'd ONE pin number. I see some people getting 2 and 3 within a few weeks or so of each other...but me nuda!:confused3

So when I discovered that the 4/3 was being extended to my times you can imagine how excited I was (I actually called my friend 4 times to tell her and couldnt get thru, couldnt figure out WHY??? then I realized I was calling my own # :rotfl2: ).

So this is what we were figuring....First 4 days room only then the next 10 days 4/3, with dining plan and 7 day passes that will give me 3 more!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?:cheer2:

Thank You:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter