• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

40% off, AP, and dining plan?

Soccer Princess

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>you would never
We have a room booked with a 40% pin code for December. We were planning on just making it a package and getting MYW tickets and the dining plan. Now we think it would be more cost effective to get APs since we will be returning in the next year. I know that Annual Passholders can get the dining plan, but does the room have to be booked with an AP rate? Or do we just need tokeep our package and then upgrade the tickets to APs after we are there that way we can keep our room discount and the dining plan? Thanks!

I would wait until you arrive and upgrade the tickets to AP once you get there.

To get the AP no tickets package, you have to present the AP when you check in. Just take the tickets you get with your package and upgrade the ones you want to upgrade to APs.

Just curious - I thought the 40% pins were being sent out to AP holders (those who already have AP's). Are they sending out 40% pins to others as well?
Although, we have the AP and didn't receive a pin (yet).:confused3

Just curious - I thought the 40% pins were being sent out to AP holders (those who already have AP's). Are they sending out 40% pins to others as well?
Although, we have the AP and didn't receive a pin (yet).:confused3

I read they were also going to Florida residents. BTW--have you gone to the disneywebsite and updated your profile lately. I updated everyone in my family and there is now a place to enter your AP information. We got SIX pin emails from the accounts I updated. It's worth a shot. So now not only do you register your AP via the AP website, you also can add it to your update profile page too.

We got our 40% off code back in January I think. It is not a passholders pin code. Thanks!

You don't have to book the room with an AP rate to get the DP. You can book at whatever rate makes sense for you (AAA, PIN code, etc.). As long as you have an AP, you can buy the DP without tickets. (This does not apply for free dining. For free dining, even AP holders have to buy at least a 1 day base ticket.)

I booked a room with an AP code, and planned to upgrade my tickets to an AP once I got there. I was never asked to show my AP, and got the rate anyway.

Oh, one other thing - it may also depend on the terms of any PIN code you get whether you can book without tickets. On another thread, a poster indicated that his/her PIN required a 1 day base ticket to add dining even though they were AP holders. Read all offers carefully!

Oh, one other thing - it may also depend on the terms of any PIN code you get whether you can book without tickets. On another thread, a poster indicated that his/her PIN required a 1 day base ticket to add dining even though they were AP holders. Read all offers carefully!

That may have been mine. When I read that others had gotten the 40% off PIN and didn't have to buy one day MYW tickets, I called to see if I could take the ticket off my pkg. The very nice CM checked and said no. I then had her double check since others had done it with their code. She double checked with guest services who told her that the 40% PIN I had received late last fall was a MRX PIN. I'm not sure what that is and it is not written anywhere on the PIN I received, but she said it was not an AP PIN and did require at least a one day MYW ticket in order to use it (even though I have an AP). Since I haven't received the other 40% PIN for Passholders, I left it alone and am now hoping that either I get the AP PIN or else that an AP rate can beat it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter