4 year old and Space Mountain…Opinions

My youngest rode it at 4, just a month before his 5th birthday. I sat behind him and periodically reached over and touched his shoulder, just in case he needed a reminder that I was right there with him.

We pulled into the station and the first words out of his mouth were, "I gotta do that AGAIN!"

The second words out of his mouth were, "WHY did you keep touching me?!?"

He was fine. He also rode Everest for the first time on that same trip. Again, first words out of his mouth were, "I gotta do that again!"

He also loved Tower of Terror when he was 3, so clearly he's not a fearful or skittish child.

Our DD turned 4 on Christmas. She loves coasters and is 45in tall without her shoes. We leave for Disney in 2 weeks, and plan on showing her a you tube video to see what she thinks. We have told her she has to sit in front of us, and it's dark. If she still wants to go we plan on letting her.

Gut rules, it's the inability to hold them down flying on the dips. Seems one track is much more bottoming out then the other. I can ride it and be fine, the next time my heart pounds from the fast twist and drops.
Think I'm getting too old now.

Oh, when I asked, it was much faster then run away train, added to the darkness can make things feel more threatening. I wouldn't want to find out kiddo was terrified and inconsolable during the ride.

My daughter is a daredevil and rode it at 5 with no problems. She was very upset when she couldn't ride it at 3.

Last trip the only ride she couldn't get on was RnR. She was so upset.

I personally couldn't believe she was ok riding it at such a young age but she had no issues and rode it again.

My youngest rode it at 4, just a month before his 5th birthday. I sat behind him and periodically reached over and touched his shoulder, just in case he needed a reminder that I was right there with him.

We pulled into the station and the first words out of his mouth were, "I gotta do that AGAIN!"

The second words out of his mouth were, "WHY did you keep touching me?!?"

He was fine. He also rode Everest for the first time on that same trip. Again, first words out of his mouth were, "I gotta do that again!"

He also loved Tower of Terror when he was 3, so clearly he's not a fearful or skittish child.

DD did EE 3 times in a row and ToT 3 times in a row. She would have gone again but I needed a break. :rotfl2:

My younest was 5 last year when we were there and he rode multiple times. He loved it!!! However, I think I had a mini aniexty attack since I couldn't see him and I was convinced he could fall out. lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter