4 Vancouverites take on Alaska! Aug 28-Sept 4 2017 *COMPLETED*

Aerocar was really simple. We didn't prebook as they always seem to have cars there. We got an SUV and you get it right in front of the international arrivals doors on the lower level. They drop you right underneath Canada Place and the porters are right there to take your luggage. A taxi would drop you off at the same place but we felt a bit posh take Aerocar ;-)

Ugh, I need to get back to this trippie, life has just been non stop (good and bad) since November and now I see even my photos aren't showing up anymore....grrrrr......

Enjoying your TR! We are going to Alaska Aug 18 2019, looking forward to learning all about it as well as Vancouver!
I can't see any of your pics though, is it just me or did something happen?

Enjoying your TR! We are going to Alaska Aug 18 2019, looking forward to learning all about it as well as Vancouver!
I can't see any of your pics though, is it just me or did something happen?

Aww thank you! We are actually doing this cruise again! Next year as well, same week (last week of August, so the week after you!!) for our 15th wedding anniversary, just my husband and I.

I know I really need to get back to this TR,things have been topsy turvy that past few months but things are normalizing now so I really should get my you know what in gear.

As for the photos, I just copy and paste them from Facebook, obviously the boards just 'delete' them after a few weeks (I assume because the photos are still on Facebook) so I should really find a hosting service to put them on?? I don't know what everyone else uses, I used to use Photobucket but then they started charging :headache:

Aww thank you! We are actually doing this cruise again! Next year as well, same week (last week of August, so the week after you!!) for our 15th wedding anniversary, just my husband and I.

I know I really need to get back to this TR,things have been topsy turvy that past few months but things are normalizing now so I really should get my you know what in gear.

As for the photos, I just copy and paste them from Facebook, obviously the boards just 'delete' them after a few weeks (I assume because the photos are still on Facebook) so I should really find a hosting service to put them on?? I don't know what everyone else uses, I used to use Photobucket but then they started charging :headache:

Lucky you Alaska again! So nice to be able to sail from your own backyard, and to be so close to both Alaska and Hawaii (my 2 dream destinations right now). We would have chosen the Aug 26th sailing next year, but we have to fly home to Southern Ontario and with school starting the next day, it'd be less than ideal.
As for the photos, what I do is save them from Facebook or my laptop onto whatever device I will be using to post on here (let's say my iPhone) and then click attach files, and the photos stay that way.
So if you want to use a photo from Facebook, go to it and once highlighted hold and choose "save image". It will save the photo to your photo library on your phone. Then once you are in your TR here just click "upload File" and attach your photos from your phone. They will stay this way. If you don't have a photo sharing program then this will work just fine :)
Anyway no hurry but looking forward to more

Last edited:

Lucky you Alaska again! So nice to be able to sail from your own backyard, and to be so close to both Alaska and Hawaii (my 2 dream destinations right now). We would have chosen the Aug 26th sailing next year, but we have to fly home to Southern Ontario and with school starting the next day, it'd be less than ideal.
As for the photos, what I do is save them from Facebook or my laptop onto whatever device I will be using to post on here (let's say my iPhone) and then click attach files, and the photos stay that way.
So if you want to use a photo from Facebook, go to it and once highlighted hold and choose "save image". It will save the photo to your photo library on your phone. Then once you are in your TR here just click "upload File" and attach your photos from your phone. They will stay this way. If you don't have a photo sharing program then this will work just fine :)
Anyway no hurry but looking forward to more

Thank you, what I think I was doing previously was just copying the photo and then pasting in the image or possibly uploading it. I'll try it your way and hopefully the photos stay in my TR's from now on! I'll probably be lazy though and just start doing that going forward rather than going back the start of this report and adding the photos back in :rolleyes1 It's Spring break here in BC (and my kids get 2 weeks off) so hopefully when they are back in school after Easter I can get everything back on track and concentrate on finishing this. At this rate I'll be done the second Alaska cruise before this is completed :oops:o_O

Looking forward to you getting back to this but it is a lot of work, I completely understand. The photos are a pain. I have mine on Flikr but I have to pay for it. :rolleyes: Hope you survive spring break!

Sorry bcwife76... I might have started a revolution;)
It's just that your TR started so good you can't abendon it now... ;)
On a serious note totally understand being busy.
Happy Easter :flower2:

So I'm actually trying to update this TR!

I'm following the instructions as described above by@happilyeverafter80 but it's not working :( Dang dang dang.....

But hey, I've made the effort to come back here so in an effort to progress this along let me type some details out and then try and figure out the photo situation lol

So we're now on day 2, which is our first sea day. And because I've been away so long....I can't remember exactly what we did that day :rotfl2:

Luckily I still have all our navigators and I do have our photos so I know we had Palo brunch that day (but didn't take any photos anyway because as you know, we are not big on food photos). All I can tell you is that it was as YUMMY as ever and our waiter was Sacha and he was fantastic! We would visit him again later in the week for Palo dinner.

I believe we had a princess gathering that day? So princesses were met and photos were taken....:confused3

The scenery of course was already beautiful....yes I'm teasing you with no photos at this point :rotfl:

The show that night was the Golden Mickey's; now, this is NOT my favourite show. By any stretch. But we heard they had changed it up a bit since we last saw it (September 2015) so we did go and see it.

:scratchin

It was fine.

Again, not my favourite show.

It was also formal night so we were all decked out in some dashing duds :dancer: I wore heels that killed my feet. I drank some free wine and we had our photos taken (hence why my feet hurt so much, the darn photo line was long and slow!).

That night was also our first time in Tiana's Place! Our table was close-ish to the band but far enough away that we didn't feel the music was too loud. But I really loved that restaurant, I think it's a vast improvement over Parrot Cay!

Ok so in a nutshell that was day 2. It loses something without the photos so I will try and get this sorted out asap!

Up next is our day cruising Tracy Arm (spoiler: we went up Endicott Arm) so I'm definitely going to want to get my photo issue sorted out before I continue with that entry!!!

Before I close this one I thought I'd give a bit of a life update. So many of you have been so sweet, checking in on and me and such. It's now been 5 months since my mom passed away. Most days it still doesn't seem real, you know? I can't believe it's already been 5 months. :sad1: I miss her terribly. With Easter being this past weekend it REALLY hit me; for Christmas we went away (I just could NOT stand the thought of being at home for Christmas so on the 23rd we flew down to LA and spent Christmas at Disneyland and stayed at the Grand, flying home on the 26th. It was truly wonderful) so this was the first holiday at home. And she loved to spoil my girls on Easter. Since the weather wasn't great here (drizzly and cool) we had our egg hunt down in the basement (where my mom used to live) so it was like I could feel her presence while we were down there (eventhough of course we have changed things down there now). Hard to explain but it really just hit me all at once.

So yeah, adjusting to the new normal I guess.

So yes we went to Disney for Christmas (and once I get the photos working I'll post some from that trip at the end of this report) and then in February we booked a spur of the moment trip (my husband had the time off mid February but we didn't have anything booked) and went to Honolulu for 5 nights. One night we were outside the Cheesecake Factory waiting for our table; like an HOUR wait and there was a DVC booth nearby. I somehow convinced DH to just come over with me and talk to them; 30 minutes later he was agreeing to do a tour of Aulani the next day!! Haha:hyper2:

Over dinner he was like "ok we are NOT buying, under any circumstances, right?" No dear, we are just there to see Aulani and ask a few more questions.

If you have seen my siggy, you know how this ends......

Yes we are now DVC owners with Aulani being our home resort!!!:worship::welcome:

The frack??!!!

And I'm not kidding you when I say it was my husband who was all "ok, this is a really good idea, we need to join."

Sorry, 6 weeks later I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor. :earseek::faint:

We got in 10 days before the 'new' rules of buying 75 direct points (if you want perks) came into affect so we bought 50 points only (paid cash) and will add on more in a couple of years (because at Aulani 50 points gets you squat lol) So yeah.....that happened!

And then the day we got home from Hawaii (the flight from hell thankyouverymuch) we picked our dog up from the kennel and she was not doing very well; she was 16 so she was very elderly and had hip problems among other issues. Anyway, they had told us she was ok but not great (it's the kennel she's gone to for years and they loved her there so we trusted them in everything they said) and that afternoon we made the heartbreaking decision to put her down.

So yeah.....can I have some good things happen now please???:grouphug:

Ok so I think I've brought you all up to speed. Going to post this now and then fart around with the photos and hopefully get some up before the day is done!

Last edited:
Sorry bcwife76... I might have started a revolution;)
It's just that your TR started so good you can't abendon it now... ;)
On a serious note totally understand being busy.
Happy Easter :flower2:

Haha it's ok - it's a GOOD thing! I've gotten my rear into gear and have updated. Now I'll just try not to lose momentum! Still working on the photo issue....

Wow - love this.
We have Alaska booked for Aug 2019 (just before you haha) and every now and again I think to switch to Ovation of the seas or Bliss.. then I look at photos like this and wow. That Disney touch ;)
By the way, you are so lucky to be close to Hawaii and Alaska...
in 2019 we are doing Alaska but 2020 want to do Hawaii, Aluani of course!
This year it’s Europe and we already took a southern Caribbean cruise in January.
We usually do one big trip and one Disney or all inclusive...
Part of me wants to go to Hawaii first... I keep going back and forth!

Glad to hear you are adjusting as well, it will be hard for a while but hang in there :)

I’m so glad you’re back! Been following because we were thinking of booking...and now we have. May 2019 to Alaska!

So yeah.....can I have some good things happen now please??
Hugs to you. I feel you on this. In 2013, I broke my knee, put my dog down (neither she or I could walk at that point) my basement flooded and my dad died. I still miss my dad and my dog, but things have moved along.

Congrats on DVC and can’t wait to hear the rest of your TR.

What a beautiful photo.

I'm so sorry you're having such a crappy go of it. Thinking of you and I hope things turn around soon.

I know from experience just how awful it is to lose a parent. Wishing you healing and being able to remember the good times. :hug: I am also very glad to see you start posting more of your trip report. And congrats on Aulani. It's hard to move forward and enjoy things when we lose a dearly loved one, but I try to remember that they wouldn't want us to be miserable all the time (and sometimes that helps a little bit).

hOIQN
21272972_10154928540002066_1898013651184391545_o.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!