• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 parks in 5 hours and 6 rides...

emmagata

DIS Veteran
That was on my last day. I opened MK at rope drop and rode Space Mountain, COP and the train. Took the monorail over to EPCOT and rode Test Track (it's good to be a single rider!!). Monorailed back to MK and drove to AK. Rode Dinosaur. Then drove to MGM and spent the rest of my time there before driving to the airport for a 6:50P flight home.

I did this all in about 5 hours. It was tough and I have a FastPass from each park to prove it!!!

This was my first solo trip (4-15 to 4-20) and had a blast. No waiting for anyone else to make up their minds on where to go, what to ride, where to eat....

The first two days I was in my usual mode. Rush here, rush there...

Then I took it easy. Visited my favorites (several times), tried a couple of new things. Tried a few things that I haven't done it a while (Tarzan Rocks).

I would do it again but I wouldn't want it to become a habit. I had a lot of fun and talked to a bunch of people (mostly from the UK) but it would have been nice to share the fun with a partner (or two or three).

The hotel I stayed at, Econolodge Hawaiian Resort (yea right!) was pretty dumpy. In desperate need of a make over. The restaurant (The Black Angus) was actually pretty nice in spite of the condition of the rest of the hotel.

Even though it was cheap, I would not recommend this place. Odd thing though is it was packed!! A full parking lot almost the whole time.

WoW! All that in just 5 hours? You were a man on a mission!

Sounds like a great day to me! I'm glad that you had a great solo trip! It sure is fun to go solo!

I started a new tradition a few years ago. I have a thrill ride marathon on my last day. I plan on doing this in two weeks when I'm down there again. I start at MGM for early entry on Tuesday, May 4th. I will ride on the Rock 'N Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror. Then, I'll take a bus and a monorail to the Magic Kingdom to ride Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Thunder Mountain (and perhaps Mickey's Philharmagic if there's time). I'll then head over to Epcot to ride Mission Space and Test Track. I'll also have lunch at Nine Dragons, and hopefully catch a set by either Off Kilter or American Vybe. And I'll do all this in six hours. I've done it three times so far, and it sure is fun.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter