• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 hour reception instead of 5 hours?

hopeishere

Earning My Ears
Good Evening!!

So I am very excited to be getting married on 5.25.14 at the Wedding Pavilion and then reception at the living seas.

So far the ceremony is at 2:00pm. The wedding is on Memorial day weekend & Star Wars Weekend !!! So we are not allowed to have a firework desert party

I was talking to my boo and we where curious to know if we could cut the reception short an hour, get bused back to the GF and see the show their?

The Minimum Expenditure IS based on 5 hours, so would that then cheapen the cost?

The bus transportation is a 5hr minimum so we will still be within the time frame?

What do you all think? Or I'm I just dreaming in the clouds?

THANK YOU!

Liz

Hi Liz!

With the new pricing structure, you are allowed to shorten your reception, but you have to meet all the same expenditures, which means you have to have more food to make up for that missing hour. So, no cost savings, but if the schedule is more important, go for it!

The 5-hour minimum is on a chartered motorcoach. Depending on your group size and plans you may not need a motorcoach. Smaller groups can get away with vans, and those who don't plan to pick guests up for the ceremony and drop them off at their hotels after the reception can sometimes get away with one-way transportation instead of charters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter