• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 hour reception instead of 5 hours?

hopeishere

Earning My Ears
Good Evening!!

So I am very excited to be getting married on 5.25.14 at the Wedding Pavilion and then reception at the living seas.

So far the ceremony is at 2:00pm. The wedding is on Memorial day weekend & Star Wars Weekend !!! So we are not allowed to have a firework desert party

I was talking to my boo and we where curious to know if we could cut the reception short an hour, get bused back to the GF and see the show their?

The Minimum Expenditure IS based on 5 hours, so would that then cheapen the cost?

The bus transportation is a 5hr minimum so we will still be within the time frame?

What do you all think? Or I'm I just dreaming in the clouds?

THANK YOU!

Liz

We're under the old pricing structure and are hoping that we can save money by shortening the reception, so you might be able to as well if you also qualify under the old one (which I imagine you do, considering your wedding is in a few months). Carrie Hayward's book (which I got for Christmas) says that you can save money by shortening the reception, but when I asked my consultant, she didn't know if it would result in that much of a savings. She suggested we ask our wedding planner to see if it would be anything significant. We just sent in our contract to Disney a few days ago and, with any luck, they'll have it by Friday. So, hopefully we'll have an official Disney planner by next week.

Again--not sure if it will result in much of a cost savings, but even a little bit here and there helps--even if it means I still end up spending the money I saved on OTHER things like Disney characters or a prettier wedding cake. :)

Tiffiny

If you fall under the old pricing structure, cutting the reception short saves you money on drinks, food, entertainment, and transportation. Under the new pricing structure, saving money on those things means you have to spend more somewhere else because there are minimums to be met on that day at that event.

You will still use the bus for 5 hours or more, because you have to account for the time it spends picking people up for the ceremony and dropping them off after the reception (or fireworks).

Sadly, we are not under the old pricing. The old pricing was changed in October 2013 and we met with Disney the second week of November. We sign our contract tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter