321GO - The Alternative West Coast TR - Day 7

Chilly

RIP Tag Fairy
Wednesday 23rd May

We got up slowly as we had no plans until our 11am brunch at Palo and we ended up being really early. I didn't think the food was as good as last time but DH did and I think it was just my taste rather than the food. We started off with a couple of trips to the buffet each but tackled it differently. I started off with a plate of everything I wanted to try then went back for seconds of my favourite things. DH seperated the buffet in 2 and did half and half because he didn't want certain items touching. We both go the veal for our main as the veal we had last time was so good but this time I wasn't that fussed, DH enjoyed it though. Lastly a few desserts each, again I was disappointed by the panne cotta.

Holiday2012284.jpg

Holiday2012288.jpg

Holiday2012289.jpg

Holiday2012290.jpg

Holiday2012291.jpg

Holiday2012292.jpg

Holiday2012294.jpg

Holiday2012295.jpg

Holiday2012296.jpg

Next up it was time to wrap up and stand on deck 10 as we approached the glacier which was due to be around 3pm. We decided to stand right at the front of the ship which also happened to be the coldest and windiest spot, just moving slightly away from the front the wind dropped dramatically. (For those going on the Alaska cruise you do not need to stand at the front you will see it from both sides). They had a BBQ down at the aft of the ship but we weren't hungry and at the front they had hot chocolate and cookies. At first the weather was not great, it rained a bit but then stopped and it got better and better as we neared the glacier and pretty much right after we arrived the sun broke through. It was very busy up front but the rest of the deck was pretty empty. The other area which was busy was the crew deck, loads of CMs came out to see it and get their photo taken. We got so close to the glacier and once there the ship pivoted one way and then the other so that everyone got to look. Its hard to describe in words so here's just a few of the many photos we took...

As we left the glacier we saw some seals sitting on an iceberg. We decided a sit down was in order and a hot drink for Mike, i'd had plenty of hot chocolate so didn't want one but DH got a caramel latte in Cove Cafe and we had a nice sit down by the window and watched the scenery float by. The afternoon had flown by and it was now time to get ready for this evenings events first stop the show which was the ventriloquist then I got in the queue in the lobby for a character where I listened to the piano player whose music was on an ipad which automatically turned the page! I met Minnie Mouse in her Alaska outfit which i'd really wanted to do but I don't like the photo as I look huge in it. Then we had a look at our photos so far in shutters before heading to Tritons and our French Dinner. I had a Royal Cocktail, tomato soup, beef tenderlion and creme brulee, the blow torching hadn't improved. Mike had bacon and mushroom tart, lobster cheese pasta and the bread pudding. Anthony also brought us the souffle which Mike was very pleased about and promptly ate both puddings.

Holiday2012384.jpg

Holiday2012385.jpg

Holiday2012393.jpg

Holiday2012394.jpg

Holiday2012395.jpg

Holiday2012396.jpg

Holiday2012397.jpg

Holiday2012398.jpg

Holiday2012399.jpg

I got an orange cosmo to go and we headed to diversions where we played yahtzee and I won by one whole point! We headed into Wavebands for the late night show which was a comedy magician then it was an earlyish night as we had to be up at 6am the nest day.

Holiday2012401.jpg

Holiday2012402.jpg

Holiday2012403.jpg

Awwww I love that Alaskan Minnie photo!

Cool Glacier photos and some hilarious ones of you all bundled up!

Mmmm that meal looked great at Tritons and dear me when I think of the photos of our Palo brunch plates I am shamed to say you've made a little porker out of me LMAO LMAO

I'm really enjoying this TR that's for sure!

Awwww I love that Alaskan Minnie photo!

Cool Glacier photos and some hilarious ones of you all bundled up!

Mmmm that meal looked great at Tritons and dear me when I think of the photos of our Palo brunch plates I am shamed to say you've made a little porker out of me LMAO LMAO

I'm really enjoying this TR that's for sure!

Thanks Sam :goodvibes

Some fantastic pics, but wow it did look cold! Loving Minnie in her outfit :)

Had to laugh at the photo of you bundled up from head to toe :rotfl2: It looked freezing.

Amazing photos. What an experience :goodvibes

Fab photos, I would love to do a cruise in Alaska with all the scenery. I look forward to the rest:thumbsup2

Some fantastic pics, but wow it did look cold! Loving Minnie in her outfit :)

The glacier looks stunning but very cold. Love Alaskan Minnie.

Had to laugh at the photo of you bundled up from head to toe :rotfl2: It looked freezing.

Amazing photos. What an experience :goodvibes

It was only the very front of the ship that was so cold because it was so windy the rest wasn't as bad and when the sun came out it was lovely.

Fab photos, I would love to do a cruise in Alaska with all the scenery. I look forward to the rest:thumbsup2

I better get on with it then!

Wow, what a wonderful day. I'm so looking forward to seeing some of this scenery for real instead of looking at photos and travel brochures! And Palo brunch looks lovely - we didn't bother on our last cruise but I hope we can get to book it this time.

Love this photo :goodvibes and the one with Alaskan Minnie (and no, you'd don't look huge, I can tell it's your black clothes blending into the dark background).

Wow, what a wonderful day. I'm so looking forward to seeing some of this scenery for real instead of looking at photos and travel brochures! And Palo brunch looks lovely - we didn't bother on our last cruise but I hope we can get to book it this time.

Love this photo :goodvibes and the one with Alaskan Minnie (and no, you'd don't look huge, I can tell it's your black clothes blending into the dark background).

Def do Palo brunch its yummy.

The photos are amazing. I can't wait to see it for myself next year. For the Panama Canal Crossing last year we based ourselves on deck 4 and I have a feeling that this will be a good spot for this, too, especially as it is more sheltered.

Corinna

The photos are amazing. I can't wait to see it for myself next year. For the Panama Canal Crossing last year we based ourselves on deck 4 and I have a feeling that this will be a good spot for this, too, especially as it is more sheltered.

Corinna

It was only the very front of the ship which was cold and windy but deck 4 might be a good spot.

Wonderful photos Claire :)
I really feel the cold so I am probably going to bundled up just like you!
Hot chocolate will help I'm sure :)

Wonderful scenery, your photo with Minnie is lovely Claire, great photos, really enjoying this:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter