3?'s Cozumel, GC & Key West

Just a few words about Key West:
We visited Key West as part of our honeymoon. We Loved It! However, I would really not suggest walking to Fort Zachary Taylor park/beach from port.
We rented a convertible and drove around very little, but were warned that we should drive the car to the Taylor Beach because of the neighborhood that surrounds it. After driving through, I was glad we did.
When my SIL went down with her husband, they were also driving in the same neighborhood and stopped for a stop sign. Right at that moment, a huge group of young men came over to the car, surrounding it, banging on it, kicking it and reaching into the car trying to get their valuables. They immediately rolled up the windows and took off.
Nothing that dramatic happened to us, but driving through we knew that it wasn't the best section of Key West.
Funny Coincidence: While eating dinner in our timeshare at the Ocean Key House (which overlooked Mallory Square!) we watched the show, COPS and guess where they were? Key West!
I grew up in The Bronx and my husband worked midnights in Jamaica, Queens as a New York City Police Officer. We are very familiar with not-great neighborhoods. We know when to get our guard up.
I can tell you that it would not be a wise decision to take a stroll through the Bahama Village section of Key West. I am sure there are some Very Nice Honest people living there, but you know the old addage, one bad apple....There is a lot of drug crime in that neighborhood.
Fort Zachary Taylor Park/Beach is beautiful. If you're gonna take a day trip there, take a cab.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter