3 people in Pop Century refurbed room (how cramped is it?)

Ok we are here now and checked into our first night. (We move to SSR tomorrow). 3 adults, 1 two year old and I hate it! It's very cramped. The beds are every comfortable and nice to have a queen in a value because our 2 year old had no space for his air mattress so he is sleeping with us. The issue is the lack of moving space when both beds are down. The distance between the two beds is maybe 18". The distance between the wall and the non-Murphy bed is about a foot. The distance between the end of the bed and the dresser is maybe 2ish feet. And that's it. I will add that the frame of the bed is odd and sticks out beyond the mattress so it actually takes up more space than it needs to but that's the style of the room now.

Wether this is doable for you is completely dependent on your family and preference. If it were just two of us and we didn't need the second bed it would be much more comfortable but with two beds there just isn't room to move.
Yes, the rooms are sooo tiny, right? Let us know if you prefer your room at SSR!

Yes, the rooms are sooo tiny, right? Let us know if you prefer your room at SSR!

Much prefer our SSR room but that's because we gained a significant amount of square footage. I can't count how many times I bumped a shin on the bed in pop! My 2 year old kept running into them also (ouch). I will give credit where credit is due though and the new pop mattresses and pillows were a dream compared to the SSR bed.

I hear your predicament, totally understandable. I'd advise before dropping lots on $$$ on a deluxe to check out the room sizes though, they're not *that* large.

You're probably right. I was only thinking it would be sweet to be able to finally stay in a deluxe regardless of room size. The cheapest I could find was for $400/night but even that would be too high in price for my dad. :eek:

So I'm reconsidering the moderates. Ultimately it's coming down to either this or one of the Port Orleans resorts. I understand POFQ will have a soft refurb next year. Though I'm still a bit torn on the decision (given the price difference of $200-300). If the rooms at POP were slightly bigger, this would be an easy choice for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter