3 people in Pop Century refurbed room (how cramped is it?)

toonaspie

Just a poser
There's been a change of plans to my plan to do WDW solo next year as my parents insist on coming. They have no clue how expensive WDW has gotten since they haven't been here in 20 years.

Given my dad's desire for wanting to stay in a Value (for money saving purposes) and my mom wanting her rooms clean (and recently refurbished) Pop Century would be a good fit for us. Plus given how tall my dad is, the queen beds plus the coffeemaker would be bonuses here.

However, I worry that with now three of us in one room (and the need for both beds), this could get really cramped :crowded: and I'm not sure if my mom (who is the pickier of the two) will like that very much. We might come back to the rooms midday to rest and such too. I should also mention that they're getting on in age. (My dad will be 70 and my mom 60 next year.)

For those who have stayed in the refurbed rooms and had more than 2 people in the room (using both beds), please share your input. How doable is a room of this size (with both queen beds) with three adults (1 big, 2 small), or should we consider moving up to a moderate resort instead where we would have additional space?

We had three adults in a new room for six nights and it was fine. We stored suitcases under the bed. At night we put the two chairs by the window, which left room to walk around the beds. We left the bed down when we left and most days housekeeping put it up after they serviced the room. The room does feel spacious with the bed up.

We are staying there in February. It will be DH, our 9 yo niece, her mom, and I so I sure hope it fits 3 people, let alone 4. The plus is that the beds are bigger so that means a lot to me. I'm not too worried because the rooms are mostly just to sleep in.

Three adults here, worked out great. Queen beds, VERY comfortable. Tons of storage in bathroom. Sliding door made bathroom much more private. Beverage center is very nice. I wouldn't hesitate to return with all adults, even four (if you are close).

I think the main question is, are you all comfortable with sharing a hotel room together, as adults? If so, I'm sure it's fine. I'm 50, and I'd share a room with either one of my kids or my husband, but not both at this stage in my life. But, if you all three are comfortable sharing the one bathroom, toilet, shower, and sleeping in on room, then I'm sure it's fine.

I stayed ONE night with my kids at Pop a year and a half ago, before we moved to a villa and DH joined us, so we were just in the room to sleep and shower the next morning. It was okay, but I wouldn't have lasted longer for all 3 of us in the room.

In my opinion, the answer to this question is dependent more on the people involved than the room/bed size. Last trip, we did just fine as 3 adults and 1 teen in an All Star room with double beds for 8 days. Other people find the value room much too tight for even 2 adults, much less squeezing in others. So, no one else can really answer this question for you.

Three adults here, worked out great. Queen beds, VERY comfortable. Tons of storage in bathroom. Sliding door made bathroom much more private. Beverage center is very nice. I wouldn't hesitate to return with all adults, even four (if you are close).

I was under the impression that the murphy bed was a full. I thought I'd read that somewhere...

I was under the impression that the murphy bed was a full. I thought I'd read that somewhere...

Both Queens, both same exact mattress, both very comfy.

The predictions before the rooms opened were it was going to be a full like the AoA beds (since they are same structure) but it turned out they were Queen. Several folks have measured them a few times.

Here is floor plan from Your First Visit

https://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Floor-Plan-of-Refurbed-Pop-Century-Room-from-**************.net_.jpg

Both Queens, both same exact mattress, both very comfy.

The predictions before the rooms opened were it was going to be a full like the AoA beds (since they are same structure) but it turned out they were Queen. Several folks have measured them a few times.

Here is floor plan from Your First Visit

https://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Floor-Plan-of-Refurbed-Pop-Century-Room-from-**************.net_.jpg

Gotcha. The whole decor is still not my style, but good for those who like it.

Gotcha. The whole decor is still not my style, but good for those who like it.

I don't like room decor either, I mean it doesn't really have any ... very cold and loud .... but I love those beds (and like the bathroom storage etc). We really just use the room to sleep so as long as they keep the rates in the same range, I'm fine with it for sleeping. Now if they bump them up when the sky buckets are done .... I'll be waving goodbye.

I don't like room decor either, I mean it doesn't really have any ... very cold and loud .... but I love those beds (and like the bathroom storage etc). We really just use the room to sleep so as long as they keep the rates in the same range, I'm fine with it for sleeping. Now if they bump them up when the sky buckets are done .... I'll be waving goodbye.

This is us we don't spend time at the resort at all. We switched from All Stars to Pop for about 30 more for the entire trip just to have the queen beds.

I think the main question is, are you all comfortable with sharing a hotel room together, as adults? If so, I'm sure it's fine. I'm 50, and I'd share a room with either one of my kids or my husband, but not both at this stage in my life. But, if you all three are comfortable sharing the one bathroom, toilet, shower, and sleeping in on room, then I'm sure it's fine.

I stayed ONE night with my kids at Pop a year and a half ago, before we moved to a villa and DH joined us, so we were just in the room to sleep and shower the next morning. It was okay, but I wouldn't have lasted longer for all 3 of us in the room.
I agree that it depends on who you are staying with. If DH and I went with my parents we would not get one room and share. My dad doesn’t like sharing a room with us because he thinks it’s weird and that’s perfectly fine. However, if we went with my in laws we would probably share because it doesn’t bother them as much.

There's been a change of plans to my plan to do WDW solo next year as my parents insist on coming. They have no clue how expensive WDW has gotten since they haven't been here in 20 years.

Given my dad's desire for wanting to stay in a Value (for money saving purposes) and my mom wanting her rooms clean (and recently refurbished) Pop Century would be a good fit for us. Plus given how tall my dad is, the queen beds plus the coffeemaker would be bonuses here.

However, I worry that with now three of us in one room (and the need for both beds), this could get really cramped :crowded: and I'm not sure if my mom (who is the pickier of the two) will like that very much. We might come back to the rooms midday to rest and such too. I should also mention that they're getting on in age. (My dad will be 70 and my mom 60 next year.)

For those who have stayed in the refurbed rooms and had more than 2 people in the room (using both beds), please share your input. How doable is a room of this size (with both queen beds) with three adults (1 big, 2 small), or should we consider moving up to a moderate resort instead where we would have additional space?

We are a family of 3, DH, myself and 14 year old who is about 5'10" tall. DH and I are both Pooh size, and we are comfortable in a Pop room that has two double beds. So the three adult size people is really a non-issue for us. However, as an adult, I would never choose to stay in a room with my parents. That would just be weird to me. I stayed plenty of times in a room with my Mom, no problem, but if my Dad was there I'd have been uncomfortable. Maybe that's just me.

Do remember than in a refurbished Pop room, the second bed is a murphy bed, and you'll either have to open/close it daily, or you'll lose the table.

Sliding door made bathroom much more private.

We thought the bathroom felt huge. During shower time, the exterior bathroom door would be shut, but the door to the shower room open. Since it was a pocket type door and went back about as much as the vanity counter, it made the bathroom feel like a regular residential bathroom, with plenty of space to dry and dress. The curtain divider never felt as private as an actual door does, and the slider completely covers the opening. The sliding door to the shower room also made that room feel bigger as you didn’t have to stand in the tub to open and close the door like I have had to at some of the mods and values.

OP, are you intent on staying onsite? You could get a large, really nice suite type of room offsite for around the same (if not less) $$$ as Pop. Just something to consider if you are concerned about having enough space for the 3 of you. TBH the value rooms are tough for us, even if it's just myself & my hubby. He's 6'7 & needs a lot more room lol.

OP, are you intent on staying onsite? You could get a large, really nice suite type of room offsite for around the same (if not less) $$$ as Pop. Just something to consider if you are concerned about having enough space for the 3 of you. TBH the value rooms are tough for us, even if it's just myself & my hubby. He's 6'7 & needs a lot more room lol.

This is would be the first time ever that we're actually flying into WDW instead of driving and thank goodness! I don't think I can handle 16 hrs in a cramped back seat anymore. It's mainly for the time reasons so staying on property will be very important. Plus I can't imagine going to Disney and NOT stay at one of their hotels.

As for sharing a room with my parents, weird as it is, shouldn't be much of an issue. The whole immediate family had to share one bedroom before on a family trip (and I was already an adult at that time). I guess you can say we're a family that learns to adjust.

Right now I'm weighing my options and what is likely to happen. I'm guessing my dad will want us to save as much money as we can but I know my mom will want a clean looking room. And we'll all want a resort less walking involved. All the moderates seem in bad shape as far as construction/transportation. So it's either gonna be we stick with Pop or jump up to the cheapest deluxe we can (maybe?). I'll just have to see what my mom wants to do. If she doesn't like how small the rooms will be, then I'm hoping that she can push my dad into doing a better option.

This is would be the first time ever that we're actually flying into WDW instead of driving and thank goodness! I don't think I can handle 16 hrs in a cramped back seat anymore. It's mainly for the time reasons so staying on property will be very important. Plus I can't imagine going to Disney and NOT stay at one of their hotels.

As for sharing a room with my parents, weird as it is, shouldn't be much of an issue. The whole immediate family had to share one bedroom before on a family trip (and I was already an adult at that time). I guess you can say we're a family that learns to adjust.

Right now I'm weighing my options and what is likely to happen. I'm guessing my dad will want us to save as much money as we can but I know my mom will want a clean looking room. And we'll all want a resort less walking involved. All the moderates seem in bad shape as far as construction/transportation. So it's either gonna be we stick with Pop or jump up to the cheapest deluxe we can (maybe?). I'll just have to see what my mom wants to do. If she doesn't like how small the rooms will be, then I'm hoping that she can push my dad into doing a better option.
I hear your predicament, totally understandable. I'd advise before dropping lots on $$$ on a deluxe to check out the room sizes though, they're not *that* large.

I hear your predicament, totally understandable. I'd advise before dropping lots on $$$ on a deluxe to check out the room sizes though, they're not *that* large.
I agree with this. We weren't super impressed with our room at AKL. We had a standard room with a king bed (more room than 2 queens) and felt like it wasn't any bigger than a typical chain-hotel room. I expected a little more with the high price tag.

Ok we are here now and checked into our first night. (We move to SSR tomorrow). 3 adults, 1 two year old and I hate it! It's very cramped. The beds are every comfortable and nice to have a queen in a value because our 2 year old had no space for his air mattress so he is sleeping with us. The issue is the lack of moving space when both beds are down. The distance between the two beds is maybe 18". The distance between the wall and the non-Murphy bed is about a foot. The distance between the end of the bed and the dresser is maybe 2ish feet. And that's it. I will add that the frame of the bed is odd and sticks out beyond the mattress so it actually takes up more space than it needs to but that's the style of the room now.

Wether this is doable for you is completely dependent on your family and preference. If it were just two of us and we didn't need the second bed it would be much more comfortable but with two beds there just isn't room to move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter