3 Night Wish - Oct 14 2022 - Completed

The Bayou looks like SUCH a cool spot!!! :love: Drink in a box? Cool!

Gosh yes those tables look quite close together :scared:

I am so very sorry for the loss of your Mum. I went on a cruise from Galveston in January and found your trip reports while doing research. I read them all! You write with so much humor and detail. It was so helpful and I can’t thank you enough! Looking forward to hearing more about the Wish and also your Alaska trip.

I'm here! So glad you're writing a trip report. So sorry to hear about your Mum. 🙏
Thank you. I’m enjoying your TA report! It’s one that is on our wish list for sure. 👍🏻
The Bayou looks like SUCH a cool spot!!! :love: Drink in a box? Cool!

Gosh yes those tables look quite close together :scared:
It was a neat presentation. We loved that area. That and Keg & Compass were both really good.
I am so very sorry for the loss of your Mum. I went on a cruise from Galveston in January and found your trip reports while doing research. I read them all! You write with so much humor and detail. It was so helpful and I can’t thank you enough! Looking forward to hearing more about the Wish and also your Alaska trip.
Thank you. I’m glad you found them and they still proved useful. 😁. We love sailing out of Galveston for the convenience but the itineraries have become shorter and the same stops as the other cruise lines that are half the price. 😟

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. You had so many wonderful trips and adventures with her, that you were kind enough to share via your trip reports. My sincerest condolences on your loss. ❤️

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. You had so many wonderful trips and adventures with her, that you were kind enough to share via your trip reports. My sincerest condolences on your loss. ❤️
Thank you. We have great memories that's for sure. :lovestruc

Saturday, October 15th – Nassau​

With zero plans for the day other than continue discovering the ship we had slow start to the day. I popped out of bed at about 8:30 am and took some photos of the approach into Nassau. :magnify:

The weather-beaten lighthouse is very photogenic and I know we have photographed it many times, but it never gets old.

I hung out on the verandah while we maneuvered to get ready to dock. Scott was still pretending to be sleepy.

Just gone 9 am and we were almost in place. They have done so much work to the port area that it looked really different and I hope that it's going to be a nice improvement.

We decided to skip ordering coffee from room service and go to Cove Cafe to check out the weather and the scenery from up there. :sunny:

We found a table to hang out at for a while and settled in. Cove was pretty busy with people coming and going.

Cute Groot on Scott's second cup. :goodvibes

It was about 10 am when we decided to go and see what else we could get into. Scott got some better photos of the new pier work. It's probably finished by now, it's taken me so long to get this written! :rotfl2: Looks like it will be a nice change. Probably already is. :rotfl:

I had spotted something on the navigator that I wanted to check out. They had the Hero zone set up for the Incredibles Incredi-Course and I wanted to see what that was all about.

We hung out and watched from the observation deck above. It looked like everyone was having a great time. Two people went together, kid v kid or parent v kid and it was funny to watch. Almost as good as Jack Jack's Diaper Dash, not quite, but still pretty entertaining, especially when the smaller child was able to whip through the stuff faster than Dad or big brother just due to being small enough to squeeze past more quickly. :teeth:

By now it was knocking on 10:30 am and our tummies were reminding us that we hadn't stuffed any food into them in several hours. We hit up Marceline Market again to see what they had for breakfast. It was the standard stuff, and it hit the spot. I had what I thought I wanted, and then went on to get what I really wanted. :)

Scott had something similar but had an egg white omelet instead of the pancakes. :rolleyes:

It was a nice, relaxing breakfast and we left to make our way around areas we hadn't seen yesterday. First up was the Toy Story Splash Zone. All very cute and a really nice set up in the shade.

We went up one deck from there so I could be nosy and see if I could see into the funnel suite. :thumbsup2 You couldn't see much but you could definitely see in there. I wouldn't be so thrilled about that if I was paying that kind of money. :confused3 It looked fancy but with the split level there was a lot of lost space IMO.

If you turn around from that spot, you magically find yourself here. :woohoo:

This area reminded me a bit of the Dream class ship with the way it was laid out, and it was quiet with hardly anyone around.

We found a couple of seats just around the corner from the bar and plonked ourselves down for a bit to enjoy the beautiful weather. :cloud9:

It was about 11:05 am so....

Comfy chairs, quiet ship and a drink. You can't get better than that.

We finished our drinks and decided to continue our walk. Not much privacy on these aft verandahs, but they are huge!!

Beautiful blue water today. :cloud9:

We came across the Slide A Saurus Rex. I think this is where it ends if I'm remembering correctly. Maybe not. :tilt:

For some reason we decided we were hungry enough to try and stuff in some more food! :rotfl:

The weather was starting to warm up and so we figured we would grab and go and eat it back in the cabin. Even though there weren't many people waiting to order it took a little while. And I felt really bad for the crew working back there as you could see they were SO hot. :crazy2:

I got the ribs, mac and cheese and sweet potato fries and it was all really good.

Scott got a combo plate that had ribs, chicken and beef brisket. He said the brisket was pretty fatty but overall enjoyable

We decided to take a break from doing nothing to continue doing nothing and watching a movie. :rotfl:

After a short siesta we ventured out again to see what else we could find. They had Minnie, Daisy and Clarabelle doing a meet and greet as the Sanderson sisters in the atrium (or whatever they are calling it on the Wish - Grand Hall maybe?). ::MinnieMo

We wanted to give the Unchartered Adventure a try and see what that was all about. You use your phone and the navigator app to get started and work your way around the ship finding different clues. It's a bit like the Mid-Ship Detective Agency but more interactive.

I wasn't very good at it at all because I'm hopeless at video games and a lot of it was like playing one. Guess who was great at it....of course...just a big kid really. :tongue:

It took us around some neat areas of the ship we hadn't seen yet though.

We gave up after a little while as it appeared like it could take ages to actually complete a full game, maybe not, but we had come across the Star Wars Hyperlounge and....drinks...so...no brainer. :yay:

It wasn't crowded at all and we found a table close to the bar. I wonder now how many times I say that in any given trip report. :rotfl:

Theming was on point as you would expect, and it was a cool place to hang out for a bit.

I look like I'm exhausted here....must be all that busyness getting to me. :rotfl2:

They did some fancy stuff with foamy things and there were a few kids in there that they blew bubbles for that were having a great time.

I don't remember now what this was but it was OK. Nothing really that stood out about it. It was kind of fruity....and considering the price of the drinks in there....small.

Scott's was way more impressive, with dry ice and smoke and a special presentation. Go figure. :rotfl:

Unfortunately the glass they served his in had lipstick all around the rim. I know that lipstick can be hard to get off glassware, but we had to point it out to the guy and he acted like it wasn't a big deal. Umm...nasty...come on DCL you can do better than that!! >:( We decided we were one and done there.

Writing this reminded me that we were woken up during the night and super early this morning by a mouse with a hammer. That seems to happen every so often and we figured they were working on something, but it was a bit annoying as it disturbed our sleep during the night enough that I got up to see if I could make out if something was banging in the bathroom or out on the verandah, but found nothing. :confused3

OK, back to the walk around the ship. Lots of character meet and greets were going on as it was just gone 4 pm and most people were back on board.

There is a ton of stuff around the atrium to look at (and photograph) and we took a look at all the cabinets of memorabilia.

1923 is divided and the corridor in the middle looked like a pretty inviting place to take a look and see what was down there. This murally thing is where you can go left or right and it has moving pieces that come and go.

The corridor led to the aft elevators. :rotfl:We decided to take a look at the not-made-for-running Deck 4.

This hotel was new to us and is a Jimmy Buffet hotel and was very cool in that it looks like a cruise ship. I bet that's a fun place to stay. ::yes::

A few more photos as we walked around.

Last edited:

You know that tower suite looks awesome but for the amount of $$ you pay you don't get a verandah and that's just no bueno for me. Even if I had 'tower suite money' :rotfl2:
If you're going to pay that much money for a 2 floor tower suite, you'd at least expect to look out on something other than the adult pool, wouldn't you? 😂

Chip and Dale in costume....could they be ANY cuter?!! :love:
Hyperspace looks cool but you are not the first person to say it's a rather mediocre experience. Lipstick on a glass always grosses me out (unless it's my own :rotfl2:). What was on top of your drink, is that chocolate?

You know that tower suite looks awesome but for the amount of $$ you pay you don't get a verandah and that's just no bueno for me. Even if I had 'tower suite money' :rotfl2:

If you're going to pay that much money for a 2 floor tower suite, you'd at least expect to look out on something other than the adult pool, wouldn't you? 😂

That suite is a total gimmick to me. I don't see the real "value" in it at all other than saying you stayed in it. I think the location vs the concierge lounge plus the non-view is something that would keep me from booking it, even if I had that kind of throw-away cash. ::yes::

Chip and Dale in costume....could they be ANY cuter?!! :love:
Hyperspace looks cool but you are not the first person to say it's a rather mediocre experience. Lipstick on a glass always grosses me out (unless it's my own :rotfl2:). What was on top of your drink, is that chocolate?
Yes, shaved chocolate on top of mine. :drinking: It was a been there, done that type experience and even without the lipstick on the glass we weren't so wowed that we would have stayed for another drink.

Long time lurker of your trip reports.. I'm so sorry to hear about your mum's passing 💙 Glad you are back to share this report though!

We had faffed around enough that it was now gone 5:30 pm and we had pushed away from the pier. The pilot boat came up to whisk the pilot away. Always reminds me of my Mum as she was super nosey and loved to watch it. 🥰

After watching us move away from Nassau we decided to go back to the cabin. They had brought our platinum gift of prosecco up and now seemed as good a time as any to pop the cork.

This photo captures everything I love about cruising. :rotfl2: Sunsets with a drink on the verandah, so relaxing and just the perfect vacation moment.

Scott got some good sunset photos tonight.

An attempt at a sunset selfie in between picture taking.

There's another cruise ship in the distance here but it's hard to see against the sky.

We had a lot of fun in The Bayou last night so we decided to go and check it out again. This time it was packed so we managed to somehow snag one of the booths in the corner. The live band were really good again and everyone was enjoying their set and the fun vibe of the place. It was good entertainment to watch people walking past who just randomly busted out a move to the music. :rotfl2:

Tonight we were in Arendelle for dinner and despite purposefully getting there a little later, we still had a bit of a queue to get in.

Enough time to even take selfies!!

The restaurant itself had a vibe of Tiana's Place to me, but bigger.

The show tonight was fairly continuous throughout the meal and not the typical show between dinner and dessert. It was cute and not overly loud.

Dancing, singing and general party atmosphere for the show tonight.

The menu is similar to the Frozen the Night Away menu. I got the Baked Scallops and Scott got the Koldtbord and we shared them.

Quick trip around the place by Elsa but people were eating so mainly ignoring her. :rotfl:

Oaken came around quite a bit and was there for almost all of the show (that I remember anyway.)

I got the carrot soup and Scott got the cucumber, potato and carrot salad and ...tuna...which was not on the menu, but he and Andre had been discussing his love of tuna and so Andre brought it for him tonight. The carrot soup was really good, so much so that I attempted to make it when I got home thinking Mum might like it. But, apparently not :rolleyes:, and then I had a huge pot of carrot soup that no way could I eat on my own. :rotfl2:

More show happened.

Tonight I got the pork tenderloin (at least, I think that's what this is) and Scott got the sea bass (could have been the other way around) and we shared them. Decent, was the verdict.

Guess what....more show... :crazy:

Desserts were good, apple cake and Kvaefjordkake and Andre also talked us into trying the pancakes again as we mentioned we hadn't cared for them on the Frozen menu. He was right and they were better this time. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
With the show lasting quite a while, dinner took until gone 10 pm tonight so we opted to go into Nightingales to knock another bar off our "to do" list. I got their signature cocktail and Scott got a manhattan.

This wasn't my cup of tea, while it looked cute, it was sweet and fruity.....plus you drink out of a bird butt. :rotfl2:

It was a cool vibe in there though, plus we met two servers from the Wonder that we met on previous cruises so we spent a bunch of time chatting to them.

It was 11 pm when we peeled ourselves out of there and the atrium was getting ready to do a "thing". Tonight was pirate night and we had nixed the fireworks in favor of Nightingales so it had been quiet while we were in there but as we left we went into the Atrium to see what that was all about.

They played pirate music and the chandelier changed colors in time to the music as well as lighting in the ceiling changing colors. It was cute and pretty short so we were lucky we caught it.

Time for bed and Davy Jones was waiting for us in the cabin.

So were these....:worried: Already??? We just got here!!!

We put another cute movie on before settling down for the night.

Coming up: Castaway Cay....and a mouse with a bigger hammer.

Last edited:
I think those bird glasses were different when we were on in Sept. They didn’t have the long legs . I could be wrong but I do know the bartender said they didn’t have many left people walked off with them.

What is with places and lipstick on glasses lately! Seems like everywhere I go since the beginning of the year it happens and it’s a toss up in terms of reaction.

All this food looks divine and my diet is going to go right out a ding dang window (I’ve lost 14 pounds since the beginning of the year-thankfully the land portion of our trip is after the cruise so I can walk that all off).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter