I would have totally plopped down to watch the opening show too. Stinks that you forgot your AP in the car. We've had situations like that too where someone had to run all the way back to the hotel. Ugh, that's the worst.

That's horrible about the monorail being down every time you saw it. They do really need to fix that.

I, too will be flying SOLO on Friday for the first day of the F&WF and then on Saturday for the 40th...I am so looking forward to the weekend alone and doing what ever I want!! :cloud9:

*Gotta get one of those brownies from Earl! OMG! That looked like heavin on a plate! :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more about your solo adventures!!

--Stacia

Hello!! Subbing in!! Great TR so far! I've been contemplating a solo trip in the future, so I can't wait to see how yours turns out!! I'm not sure I would know what to do with myself being alone for more than a couple of days! haha:rotfl: But, it IS Disney World....I'm sure I could figure out something to do!! haha:)

Can't wait to read more!

Hey great TR. I'm subbing. Thanks for the idea. I can see myself doing a solo in the future minus the kids.. hehe and DH>

I always think about Mr. Toad too when I ride Winnie the Pooh. I think the funniest thing about that ride was the fact that you ended it in hell. :lmao: So appropriate for kids. I used to watch Mr. Toad when I was a kid, so I was very familiar with the movie.

The idea of going solo is so alluring that though I have read a few TR's this is the first I'm going to subscribe to.

I love that you did Fantasyland and It's a Small World First. I would definitely do them...if I was going solo. DH despises Small World and the girls were bored with Fantasyland when we were in DL 3 years ago. But I booked a Crystal Palace breakfast and they are excited about that. Maybe they are now at an age (13,15 & 18) where their childhood memories are sweet. Maybe we will do Dumbo after all...

Does your DH like Disney?
DH and I actually honeymooned at WDW for 3 weeks back in May 2009 and have been going back for our past 2 anniversaries. There are so many romantic and special things to do.....so don't necessarily count out a Mom & Dad trip!

He said he will be willing to do trips together there when the are older but its hard enough now to get someone to watch the kids right now. I will keep it in mind for the future ;)

That shot down Main Street is beautiful! Makes me so want to be there right now. :lovestruc

Great trip report so far! I'm going on my first solo trip in November. You can check my ptr out "memories of ma" and give me any pointers. Your pictures are making me feel better about being alone. I'm still a little hesitant, but your reports are helping. :goodvibes

I love the Orange Bird too! I think it would be cool to see that kind of an event too. It does put perspective on how Disney obsessed we are. I always thought I was obsessed too, but there are a lot of people out there that surpass me. LOL. I bet you being tipsy did make that more interesting. :lmao:

Ok, I'm obsessively subbing to trip reports from September now that my own trip is looming. I'm really enjoying your TR so far! I would also like to do a solo trip but I cannot IMAGINE doing a full week! I think my first solo trip would probably only be 3 or 4 nights, mostly because I'm a talker and a social traveler, so I "like to share" - ha! I'd be fine during the day, but at night by myself at the hotel, I'd be lonely and then I'd start getting jumpy to get out and do something. I"d probably be the one person in the pool at 1 a.m.

I think if I went solo, I would do a similar trip to the one you're doing - HM and IASW and snacking instead of full meals. That broccoli looked GOOD (I'm a DEFINITE broccoli lover; I eat several pounds a week by myself), so I'm glad for the tip, as I was wondering if I'd be able to get some decent broccoli at the World next week as I didn't really find it on our trip last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter