25th Wedding Anniversary...what are my plans ?

zdad

Tagless since 2005 !
25 years this coming Jan 2nd. We can't travel then because both my son's are high school wrestlers and that is peak wrestling season. Looking then for an early spring kind of vacation. What to do ?? Some parameters....

- It will be just us. No kids this time.
- ~5 days (maybe one more)
- LOVED (did I say LOVED?) WL last trip.
- Honeymooned at the Poly
- Would love to go when it's least crowded, maybe even have a day or two just lounging.
- Not fancy folk. Sneakers and a casual Hawaiian shirt types. Want to avoid long pants if we can.

You guys made our vacation last year one for a lifetime. Come on you can now help make my 25th (I was married when I was 6) so very cool.

Here are my iueas.

Number one when to go: Early Feb or a week or 2 after Easter.

Where to stay: Poly or Grand Floridian or Return to WL and get a courtyard room.

What to do: Dinner at Victoria and Alberts.

Have fun, don't forget to note it on your ressie.

Try to book an Illuminations cruise, very romantic and very appropriate for your 25th.

Congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful time,

Our 25th Anniversary is in February 2007. We decided to stay at the Yacht Club (concierge). We're going for 5 days starting the Sunday after Thanksgiving (2007). It's always quiet at that time, and the weather and location are perfect. :)

For our 30th, we are staying at AKL concierge. If your budget allows it, I would recommend concierge just to begin the spoiling while you are at home. We have included Jiko's, Cali. Grill and V&A among our dinners and are avoiding buffets - going only to Boma. We are also doing the carriage ride over at Port Orleans.

I'd stay someplace different -- make new memories! Maybe Y&BC or Boardwalk since you've stayed near MK several times?

Late January, early February is a great time -- about the only time to go when there are still really low crowds. We head down that time every year.

Since your not dress up folks, I'd skip V&A. What about doing a fireworks cruise and have the room service staff set up a private dinner in your room while you're out on the boat?

For our 25th we stayed at WL, I love that resort. We had dinner on our annv. at Cal. Grill when Wishes was going off. It was so nice, my DH had flowers at the table for me. The flowers were in Pooh charater Lenox bud vases. I love them, Pooh is my favorite as you can see.

Congratulations on our anniversary :bride:

On our 2004 adult/babymaking trip. :rotfl2: we stayed at the Boardwalk. Very casual and a great place for grown ups with all the entertainment and Epcot near by for great dineing choices. I would probably do one of those deluxe rooms with the whirlpool or the garden suite at the Boardwalk. Have fun!!!!

zdad said:
25 years this coming Jan 2nd. We can't travel then because both my son's are high school wrestlers and that is peak wrestling season. Looking then for an early spring kind of vacation. What to do ?? Some parameters....

- It will be just us. No kids this time.
- ~5 days (maybe one more)
- LOVED (did I say LOVED?) WL last trip.
- Honeymooned at the Poly
- Would love to go when it's least crowded, maybe even have a day or two just lounging.
- Not fancy folk. Sneakers and a casual Hawaiian shirt types. Want to avoid long pants if we can.

You guys made our vacation last year one for a lifetime. Come on you can now help make my 25th (I was married when I was 6) so very cool.
We're celebrating our 25th in the World next April, and like you, we're not fancy folk. Someone suggested Victoria and Albert's, but that's kind of formal for me. I'm more of a Beaches and Cream Kitchen Sink kind of person. I know they make a big announcement at B&C before you get your sundae, I wonder if they'd announce it's your anniversary. What we did this year (my "25th Anniversary gift-a year early!") was go to the Pick a Pearl place. DH picked the pearl, and I picked the setting and had it set in a real nice ring. When we got married, I never got a diamond (mutual decision) so I wear it with my wedding ring. They set it right there, but you have to wait 24 hours before you can wear it. So the next day, DH presented it to me. This year we're considering one of the 30 minute carriage rides, followed by possibly a Kitchen Sink or some other food we can share.

I would definitely do an adults trip only to GF and have your meal at one of their restaurants. They will be able to bring a cake which you can order from GF bakery which is either in the form of a one tier wedding cake with a castle topper or glass slipper topper. I hear Narcossies is very romantic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter