25% capacity - what does that actually feel like?

I was at WDW in November 2020 when they were around 25% capacity and were still fully skipping rows and hadn’t installed plexi glass on anything other than ROTR. Average posted wait times were between 30-80 minutes but typically waits were much faster than that. One big thing is that the lines were very deceiving cause of social distancing. The line for HM there was stretched down almost to country bears but was barely a 20 min wait and kept moving.

First off, even though Disneyland is allowed to open with up to a 25% capacity, reports are that it is opening at closer to the 15% for now.

Secondly, either way, it means pretty much a walk on (5 minutes or less) for all attractions.

First off, even though Disneyland is allowed to open with up to a 25% capacity, reports are that it is opening at closer to the 15% for now.

Secondly, either way, it means pretty much a walk on (5 minutes or less) for all attractions.
I definitely dont think thats the case about being a walk on to most rides. Maybe in the morning after park opening for a bit, but what I have read is that many rides will also be loaded at a lower capacity which could cause wait times to be very similar to busy day in the parks.

I am anticipating long wait times. If I am wrong then i will be pleasantly surprised. But I would rather that, then go thinking it will be short lines and then find out its the opposite.

Went the WDW during Spring Break as well and the wait times were hit or miss. For popular rides like Avatar, Frozen, Seven Dwarfs, etc. the wait times were around an hour (and properly reflected in the App wait times). For other rides such as Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, etc. the wait times were 15-40 minutes and usually shorter than the stated wait times in the App. I recall several times the App stated 30 mins for BTMRR and we got through in 10. So it really was hit or miss and the App wait times weren’t always accurate.

Went the WDW during Spring Break as well and the wait times were hit or miss. For popular rides like Avatar, Frozen, Seven Dwarfs, etc. the wait times were around an hour (and properly reflected in the App wait times). For other rides such as Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, etc. the wait times were 15-40 minutes and usually shorter than the stated wait times in the App. I recall several times the App stated 30 mins for BTMRR and we got through in 10. So it really was hit or miss and the App wait times weren’t always accurate.
It’s really good to know that the app wait times might be inaccurate. Gonna have to take everything with a grain of salt!

Totally agree

Ooooo, I think this is not true at all. With all the restrictions on loading/spacing/etc and absolutely zero to do besides rides, there will definitely be some long waits.

I’d be happy to be wrong, but... yeah...
Plus, they don’t necessarily run the attractions at max capacity under normal circumstances, so I can’t imagine they would max them out when capacity is 25% or less.

I’d guess they’ll staff and operate the attractions to a point where lines will approximate usual wait times on a lighter day - so wait times won’t be outrageous, but it’s not going to be all walk ons.

Although, I’d love to be wrong too!

Also, there are lots of rides in each park, especially in DL. WDW has a couple parks with a low number of rides, and without the shows, there's just not much else for people to do. DL has a lot of rides, even with the closures they've announced, so hopefully that will help.
I think this is the key. DLR has quite a few more rides than WDW. So while I think walking straight on to rides won't be the case (if only...) I do think that spreading 20% amongst fantasy land, tomorrowland, frontierland, toon town, and SWGE, we should be in good shape for opening weekend/ first month. We will have to wait in lines, but I don't think it's going to be hour long waits.

Plus, they don’t necessarily run the attractions at max capacity under normal circumstances, so I can’t imagine they would max them out when capacity is 25% or less.

I’d guess they’ll staff and operate the attractions to a point where lines will approximate usual wait times on a lighter day - so wait times won’t be outrageous, but it’s not going to be all walk ons.

Although, I’d love to be wrong too!

Rides with indoor elements are only allowed to operate at 25% capacity. That will create some pretty long waits for some rides since crowds won’t be evenly dispersed to different attractions.

Rides with indoor elements are only allowed to operate at 25% capacity. That will create some pretty long waits for some rides since crowds won’t be evenly dispersed to different attractions.
Is there anywhere to see the actual rules and how they are to be applied? I’m curious how they are allowed to calculate the 25% capacity for attractions.

Is it based on ride vehicle capacity, hourly capacity, daily capacity, some average capacity, maximum theoretical capacity, actual operating capacity? Seems like there would be some differences in those numbers.

Also, who is in charge of checking the math and enforcing it at the ground level? How exactly is anyone going to know if 350 people rode an attraction in an hour but only 250 were supposed to.

I’m all for limited capacity and masks and social distancing, but this all gets kind of weird when you get down into the minutia and practicality of it all.

Is there anywhere to see the actual rules and how they are to be applied? I’m curious how they are allowed to calculate the 25% capacity for attractions.

Is it based on ride vehicle capacity, hourly capacity, daily capacity, some average capacity, maximum theoretical capacity, actual operating capacity? Seems like there would be some differences in those numbers.

Also, who is in charge of checking the math and enforcing it at the ground level? How exactly is anyone going to know if 350 people rode an attraction in an hour but only 250 were supposed to.

I’m all for limited capacity and masks and social distancing, but this all gets kind of weird when you get down into the minutia and practicality of it all.

I don’t believe the actual COVID regulations for theme parks have been released to the public, aside from the very brief rules that were publicly announced.

I believe total ride capacity is the maximum number of people that can be on a ride at once. So if max capacity is 100 people, only 25 people can be on the ride at once. They can easily limit capacity by having less ride vehicles in the rotation. I would guess that OSHA or some other regulatory agency has been put in charge of maintaining compliance, but I do not know for certain.

For those that can't click the link in my previous message, here is a direct quote from the article of the pertinent information:
HOW DO I KNOW THAT I’M FULLY VACCINATED?

You’re considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you got your second dose of a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or your single dose of a Johnson & Johnson sho

HOW CAN I PROVE THAT I’M FULLY VACCINATE
More ways than you think, according to the California Department of Public Health. Here is the list. Just one of these will do

▪ Vaccination card (which includes name of person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered

▪ A photo of a vaccination card as a separate docume

▪ A photo of your vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic devic

▪ Documentation of vaccination from a health care provide

Eventually, you may be able to show your vaccination status through an app. Orange County, for instance, is testing that no

TELL ME THE FUN PART: WHAT CAN I DO NOW THAT I’M FULLY VACCINAT
It depends on what tier your county is in. For the counties in the red tier, which currently includes much of the Sacramento region and Central Valley, you can do the following

▪ Attend a private event of up to 200 people outdoors, and 100 people indoor

▪ Attend an indoor event filled to 25% of the venue’s capacity if it’s 1,500 or under; 20% otherwis

For the counties in the orange tier, which is where the most of California is at, you can do the followi

▪ Attend a private event of up to 300 people outdoors, and 150 people indoor

▪ Attend an indoor event filled to 35% of the venue’s capacit

▪ Go to an indoor amusement park filled to 50% of its capacit

▪ Go to outdoor live events (e.g. sports and concerts) filled to 67% of its capaci

Gyms, cardrooms and amusement parks are among the venues that can increase their capacity to 50% if they have visitors who have either tested negative within 72 hours (24 hours for antigen tests) or been fully vaccinate

For the counties in the least restrictive yellow tier, you can do the followin

▪ Attend a private event of up to 400 people outdoors, and 200 people indoor

▪ Attend an indoor event filled to 50% of the venue’s capaci

▪ Go to an indoor amusement park filled to 75% of its capacit

In those counties in the yellow tier, movie theaters, gyms, restaurants, wineries and cardrooms are among the venues that can increase their capacity to 75% if they have visitors that have either tested negative or been fully vaccinated. Bars could also accept more people as wel

One caveat: To go to those larger events and venues, it’s not just about you who need to be fully vaccinated. Everyone at those places should either be vaccinated or tested negative, according to the blueprint. Also, fully vaccinated workers don’t count toward any capacity limit, according to the blueprin

Finally, people who are not fully vaccinated can still go to smaller events and emptier venues. Check the blueprint for capacity limi

WHAT IS A VACCINATED-ONLY SECTIO
Venues can also establish a separate section reserved only for those who are fully vaccinated. If you’re in the section, you don’t have to be physically distanced. But face coverings are required. The section needs to be at least 12 feet apart from any other sections in the venue

I’M FULLY VACCINATED, BUT MY KIDS AREN’T. CAN THEY JOIN ME IN THE VACCINATED-ONLY SECTIO

Children who are not eligible to be vaccinated may sit with their parent, guardian or sponsor in the section if they have tested negative. The testing requirement is waived for children younger than

I’M FROM OUT OF STATE, BUT I’M FULLY VACCINATED. CAN I GO TO CALIFORNIA FOR EVENTS RESTRICTED TO IN-STATE RESIDENT
Yes (But do wear a mask when traveling!)

Yes (But do wear a mask when traveling!).

We encountered this too- the wait times sometimes were less than the app said. I read on the WDW side of DIS it's because they factor in the 20 minute 'stop and clean cycle' into the app wait time. If you hit a cleaning cycle then the app time might be more accurate, if not then it's less. You know if you hit a cleaning cycle because the line stops moving for 20 minutes. 😬

It is according to the article.....can only go by what they are saying there, I would trust the Sacramento Bee would be a reliable news source.
But the part of that article you left out was about the tiers in the blueprint for reopening. As Newsom has made very clear, over and over, theme parks are NOT included in that and have their own tier system.

The question about out of state vaccinated people asks about EVENTS. Events are not theme parks. So it’s not that the article is lying, it’s that you’re misunderstanding what it’s saying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!