2021 Halloween Time Superthread *September 3-October 31* *Oogie Boogie Bash Returns on Select Nights*

I’ve read some reports from prior years, to do this a bit later in the evening. So would appreciate knowing if the line is a bit shorter as it does get later, if you have a chance to swing by again,
We just walked by it again at 9:20pm and honestly it’s worse….

Did you pick these up at the GC DCA entrance or somewhere else in the hotel? Also, how big are the treat bags? This will be my first park party in a long time & I’ve read the bags are not really big enough for a lot of treats.
Yes we got the bag, map and wristband once you go thru the GC side security line. The bags are roughly 12”x9”. We both had to stop with treat trails because they are bursting at the seems. TONS of candy and food! Here’s our haul between the two of us.

Attachments

• 259CE749-96B8-4CE4-AD8C-71B8921A6FA6.jpeg
    259CE749-96B8-4CE4-AD8C-71B8921A6FA6.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 84
Here’s the map!

***wow just realized what a crappy job I did with those pics….sorry guys

Attachments

• 3C5D125F-9C50-4B93-B078-1827E752442C.jpeg
    3C5D125F-9C50-4B93-B078-1827E752442C.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 88FF7E30-85DD-401D-A7D6-EAE47350CF3C.jpeg
    88FF7E30-85DD-401D-A7D6-EAE47350CF3C.jpeg
    99.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 5523867F-AB23-4808-A0F8-4FFD6C7B8C83.jpeg
    5523867F-AB23-4808-A0F8-4FFD6C7B8C83.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 52
  • CDEACCE5-3863-4CFF-9EFC-CACED671FC5D.jpeg
    CDEACCE5-3863-4CFF-9EFC-CACED671FC5D.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Here now. Staying at GC so we had no wait getting in at 5:45 and got our wristbands and treat bag there too. We went straight to web slingers they had a queue started was only a 10 minute wait. Now in line at radiator springs, says 30 min wait but looks more like 20 tops. Treat trail lines are pretty long so we’ve decided to do rides first. Stay tuned!

So the GC entrance is open to get into DCA for the bash? Why about mix in around ~3pm can you get wristbands at that entrance at 3pm?

Also, if I’m a guest there, but two of my friends are locals, can all three of us use that entrance? I purchased all three tickets if that makes any difference… (I guess I could also put them on my room reservation, but they won’t be staying with me)

I guess I could also put them on my room reservation, but they won’t be staying with me)
I have done this before to help with family saying offsite who used my room for their napping baby during park visits, & it doesn’t matter as long as the room capacity is not exceeded.

So the walk thru experience at the trail by grizzle river rapids is packed! The line looks to be about 200 people deep, lots of queues weave in and out. Looks super cool but we’re not waiting in that line. My advice, get there early and line up and do it first thing.

I watched a couple of live streams. One of them lined up about an hour before it opened (around 7:30) and was first in line. The other went after the first parade. The line appeared super long, but it only took them about 30 minutes to get in as the line is moving constantly.

This is a must do when we go and I’m thinking either during the parade, either first or second might be a good time.

I watched a couple of live streams. One of them lined up about an hour before it opened (around 7:30) and was first in line. The other went after the first parade. The line appeared super long, but it only took them about 30 minutes to get in as the line is moving constantly.

This is a must do when we go and I’m thinking either during the parade, either first or second might be a good time.
So we didn’t do the parade and went buy it at that time. It definitely was not moving constantly. I’m thinking with Covid maybe it’s changed how many can be in there? The line was seriously massive, I can’t imagine it took 30 minutes but maybe. I’ll also add zero social distancing in the parks. Outside I’d say 50% maybe are wearing masks. That line was packed winding back and forth with people all around you so if you’re concerned about tight spaces with people around this is a heads up. We were saying we couldn’t believe how many tiny, tiny babies we saw, like 1-3 months old. Just telling people this as a heads up, LOTS of people!

So we didn’t do the parade and went buy it at that time. It definitely was not moving constantly. I’m thinking with Covid maybe it’s changed how many can be in there? The line was seriously massive, I can’t imagine it took 30 minutes but maybe. I’ll also add zero social distancing in the parks. Outside I’d say 50% maybe are wearing masks. That line was packed winding back and forth with people all around you so if you’re concerned about tight spaces with people around this is a heads up. We were saying we couldn’t believe how many tiny, tiny babies we saw, like 1-3 months old. Just telling people this as a heads up, LOTS of people!

I was actually watching while they were in line and the one that was right after the first parade rarely stopped moving and it did take about half an hour. That said, the first one, who opted to get in line before it opened might be the better bet. I was watching that one as well and right before it opened at 7:30, the line was a single line, they hadn't even taped the street to wrap the line, watched them do that just before they opened the queue. Once inside, for both streams, it was very open, no crowding at all walking through. I even commented on how relaxed and distanced everyone seemed to be. I did catch a 3rd stream right before the second parade and that line looked like a zoo - long wraps and no distancing. 9:30 or so seemed to be the worst time to be there last night.

We're all vaccinated with the exception of my grandson who is 9 and can't be. We're very aware and sensitive to being cautious, but we're pretty good at creating our own distancing within our group in line. The first one intentionally stays back, the rest of us space between us putting my grandson in the middle. The last one in line gets the tough job of keeping people off their back, but a nice sequinned backpack usually does the trick. ;) We pretty much got our method perfected at WDW where distancing is 0.

I'm curious if it works like it does at WDW, as long as you're in line before closing, you get to go in? If so, that's probably what we'd do if we didn't opt to go at the beginning. Either way, it's a must do for us so we'll figure it out. I plan on watching a lot of streams before our trip to get a better idea of what works best.

I appreciate your first hand experiences, thanks!

I was actually watching while they were in line and the one that was right after the first parade rarely stopped moving and it did take about half an hour. That said, the first one, who opted to get in line before it opened might be the better bet. I was watching that one as well and right before it opened at 7:30, the line was a single line, they hadn't even taped the street to wrap the line, watched them do that just before they opened the queue. Once inside, for both streams, it was very open, no crowding at all walking through. I even commented on how relaxed and distanced everyone seemed to be. I did catch a 3rd stream right before the second parade and that line looked like a zoo - long wraps and no distancing. 9:30 or so seemed to be the worst time to be there last night.

We're all vaccinated with the exception of my grandson who is 9 and can't be. We're very aware and sensitive to being cautious, but we're pretty good at creating our own distancing within our group in line. The first one intentionally stays back, the rest of us space between us putting my grandson in the middle. The last one in line gets the tough job of keeping people off their back, but a nice sequinned backpack usually does the trick. ;) We pretty much got our method perfected at WDW where distancing is 0.

I'm curious if it works like it does at WDW, as long as you're in line before closing, you get to go in? If so, that's probably what we'd do if we didn't opt to go at the beginning. Either way, it's a must do for us so we'll figure it out. I plan on watching a lot of streams before our trip to get a better idea of what works best.

I appreciate your first hand experiences, thanks!
What a brilliant idea about keeping him in the middle and you creating a buffer. My husband is immune compromised (he’s had 3 shots now) so this is a good idea for him. Have a fantastic time! We really had fun walking around and trick or treating like kids!

I'm enjoying all the trip reports. We are going 10/12 for just the party, no park tickets (we are going for Christmas & then upgrading to MK). I've never done a Halloween Party at DCA, only Disneyland. I definitely want to walk through Villain's Grove!

What a brilliant idea about keeping him in the middle and you creating a buffer. My husband is immune compromised (he’s had 3 shots now) so this is a good idea for him. Have a fantastic time! We really had fun walking around and trick or treating like kids!

Thanks! It was so crowded at WDW in late July that it was either figure out a way to distance him or just not go to the parks. We even figured it out for walking around outdoors. We had 4 adults so one went in front, 1 on each side of him and the last one behind him. By the 2nd day it just came natural to us, it did take a little tweaking to figure out just how much we could space and not have people cut in between us, but for the most part, it worked well. We laughingly called it our formation and if anyone slipped, someone would bark "back in formation guys"....If you have to do it, you might as well make it entertaining I guess.

We were thinking about trying to be one of the last people to go through Villains Grove, any know if it’s like attractions that as long as you get in line before the park closes (10:59 in this case) you can get in?

Thanks! It was so crowded at WDW in late July that it was either figure out a way to distance him or just not go to the parks. We even figured it out for walking around outdoors. We had 4 adults so one went in front, 1 on each side of him and the last one behind him. By the 2nd day it just came natural to us, it did take a little tweaking to figure out just how much we could space and not have people cut in between us, but for the most part, it worked well. We laughingly called it our formation and if anyone slipped, someone would bark "back in formation guys"....If you have to do it, you might as well make it entertaining I guess.
Omg I love this

Checking in again to see if anyone can confirm that the security entrance into DCA from the Grand Californian hands out party wristbands starting at the 3pm mix in time.

It's about $120 more for me to switch my stay over to the Grand for that night... but if it's a 5 to 15 minute type thing of getting directly into the park at 3pm with wristbands for the Halloween party for myself and my two guests, it might be worth it. I hate lines, hate wasting time with stuff like that, and my two friends will ONLY be there for the party, 3pm to 11pm seems like a good amount of time based on the price of the tickets and stuff, but if 40 to 70 minutes is killed just trying to get "into" the park and wristbanded, that kinda hurts...

We were thinking about trying to be one of the last people to go through Villains Grove, any know if it’s like attractions that as long as you get in line before the park closes (10:59 in this case) you can get in?

We went at the end of the night in 2019. We were able to walk right in with no line at 10:50pm but by 11:05 they were shooing us out. I guess the difference is that it isn't an "attraction" in the same way in the sense that you aren't waiting to complete a ride that has a specified run time. It's a walk through area that they can (and will) shut down at a certain time.

So even if they let you walk in at 10:59pm, you risk being rushed through or not being able to spend as much time as you want as they will likely close it right around party end time. It was definitely my favorite part of the 2019 party and we wished we'd gone over a little earlier- maybe 10 min or so which would have given us a little more time inside.

If we’re already going to be at the parks on the day of our party, can we pick up our wristbands during the day? Or do we have to leave and come back in through the line at 3pm?

If we’re already going to be at the parks on the day of our party, can we pick up our wristbands during the day? Or do we have to leave and come back in through the line at 3pm?

I don’t think that you will have to leave and come back in through the turnstiles but you will have to go to the designated spot to pick up your wristband which is right after the turnstiles . If you planned to be there right around 3 o’clock you probably won’t have much of a wait

I don’t think that you will have to leave and come back in through the turnstiles but you will have to go to the designated spot to pick up your wristband which is right after the turnstiles . If you planned to be there right around 3 o’clock you probably won’t have much of a wait
Do you know if we can pick up earlier than 3pm or will they not start distributing until that time. The day of our party, we’re starting at DL, I was wondering if we could hop over at 1-2pm and get our wristbands before the rush.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter